Phil Brown

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Phil Brown

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:35 pm

According to Hull fans, after the game Phil Brown was asked about Geovanni, he said

"Geo is having a drugs test, hopefully they will find it positive".

Apparently there are videos of it knocking around as evidence if anyone wants to find it.

Sounds like there are big problems at Hull.

Is this really the man we want as our next manager? Hardly seems to be protecting his players does he?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes,Megson is wonderful. Can we change the record a bit? Newly promoted club, 4 points behind us with just under a third to play. I'd say thats a half decent job, or would you rather he moaned about the fans openly and publicly?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

"Geo is having a drugs test, hopefully they will find it positive...because it's the only logical explanation of his behaviour after being subbed."

The bits in bold are mine. Context helps, as does seeing the video and hearing what tone of voice the remarks were made in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Yes,Megson is wonderful. Can we change the record a bit? Newly promoted club, 4 points behind us with just under a third to play. I'd say thats a half decent job, or would you rather he moaned about the fans openly and publicly?
I didn't mention Megson, you did.

This has nothing to do with him.

Oh and as for relationships between fans and managers go take a look at Hull Citys forums. Theirs is much much worse. Brown has developed an "ego" apparently. I do wonder who he learned that behaviour from?

:conf:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Don't go knocking Browny just yet

He's still a Wanderer at heart

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:04 am

I like Phil Brown, always have, but his team are struggling without a win for ages and shipping loads of goals. No luck going for them and a slide down the league that is now almost an avalanche. Also sounds like the fans are starting to have a go at him as well, undeserved as he has got them to heights that they previously could have only dreamed about.

With Newcastle's run in they are starting to look like favorites to join West Brom in thye bottom three, and Hull will join that duo if they don't get a win soon. Their main hopes may be Portsmouth, who are also on a landslide downwards, and Borough so it could be a three way fight for that last relegation place.

Hopefully Hull wont find that elusive win against us, but hopefully it will be all over bar the shouting by then.

I haven't included Stoke in that bunch as I just have a feeling that they may draw clear on their home record alone, will know better after our game their on Wednesday.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 am

officer_dibble wrote:Don't go knocking Browny just yet

Not knocking him I've met him and I like him.

He's done a great job at Hull for the fans to be on his back is just crazy.

However, he isn't the amazing manager that certain Bolton fans seem to think he is. He is clearly still learning the job, especially now as things are tricky.

He says a few silly things too.

All I'm pointing out is that certain sections of Hull fans are now screaming for Browns head and are adamant they are right, bit like some of our fans and Brownie, perhaps like Megson is not always helping himself. Not sure what that says really.

Oh and warty, cheers, I hadn't heard the interview, only what I was told second hand, the context is crucial, but still a very odd thing to say regardless of context and tone.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Don't go knocking Browny just yet

Not knocking him I've met him and I like him.

He's done a great job at Hull for the fans to be on his back is just crazy.

However, he isn't the amazing manager that certain Bolton fans seem to think he is. He is clearly still learning the job, especially now as things are tricky.

He says a few silly things too.

All I'm pointing out is that certain sections of Hull fans are now screaming for Browns head and are adamant they are right, bit like some of our fans and Brownie, perhaps like Megson is not always helping himself. Not sure what that says really.

Oh and warty, cheers, I hadn't heard the interview, only what I was told second hand, the context is crucial, but still a very odd thing to say regardless of context and tone.
Which says more about the quality of fan than that of the manager. It's a sad thing to admit but a large proportion of fans at every football club these days,know more about moaning, whining, aggression and sheer lunatic behaviour than they do about football. The "divine right" syndrome is not just a joke, it's a reality for all too many people.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

dasher
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dasher » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 pm

At the start of the season I am guessing Hulls aim (dream ?) was to stay up even if only on goal difference. Presumably if in August you had offered them the position they are in at the beginning of March they would have snapped your hands off. Obviously they are on an awful run at the minute but lets be honest a lot of neutrals were expecting them and maybe Stoke to do a Derby this season but both are still well in the relegation battle which would seem to be a great credit to both teams and their managers.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 am

FaninOz wrote:I like Phil Brown, always have, but his team are struggling without a win for ages and shipping loads of goals. No luck going for them and a slide down the league that is now almost an avalanche. Also sounds like the fans are starting to have a go at him as well, undeserved as he has got them to heights that they previously could have only dreamed about.

With Newcastle's run in they are starting to look like favorites to join West Brom in thye bottom three, and Hull will join that duo if they don't get a win soon. Their main hopes may be Portsmouth, who are also on a landslide downwards, and Borough so it could be a three way fight for that last relegation place.

Hopefully Hull wont find that elusive win against us, but hopefully it will be all over bar the shouting by then.

I haven't included Stoke in that bunch as I just have a feeling that they may draw clear on their home record alone, will know better after our game their on Wednesday.
Well Hull found that win at Fulham even though they were outplayed but still won 1-0, sound familiar anyone!!!

Stoke may yet survive an that home record, but next season may do a Reading.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Did Hull get outplayed? 2 blokes at work today (Fulham fans) went last night and said how amazingly bad that Fulham were!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 pm

FD wrote:Did Hull get outplayed? 2 blokes at work today (Fulham fans) went last night and said how amazingly bad that Fulham were!
Probably like some of our fans can't see past getting beat?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
FD wrote:Did Hull get outplayed? 2 blokes at work today (Fulham fans) went last night and said how amazingly bad that Fulham were!
Probably like some of our fans can't see past getting beat?
I was watching the talking heads last night, and Kamara was the Fulham head, was a poor game by all accounts, but Fulham were the dominant side.