Wolves: Prem

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Wolves: Prem

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Dirty, steenkin' Wolves are promoted to the Prem.

Dirty, horrible, Wolves.

Nasty, backward, idiotic Wolves.
Viva La Portable Radio!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

eurgh

here's hoping we're still here next season to play em.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:00 pm

At this point I would like to say, 6 points then...but who knows what will happen with this team and manager.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Not been there before, happy with that. Come on Cardiff and Burnley, now. Or Swansea. Or Preston. Or basically anyone who isn't Birmingham and Sheffield United, really. Definitely anyone who isn't Birmingham.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm happy enough - at least i know for certain one away game i'm giving a miss...

Been to Wolves three times... progressively more horrible each time... if you think stoke fans are unreconstructed since the 70s wait till you get a glimpse of this lot...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:03 am

The same fans who cried cos a man in a cuddly lion costume was pointing to his shirt, and other such hurtfull gestures, in front of them?

F*cking soft tw@ts

Here's hoping MArk Davies grabs a goal or two in a couple of victories next year

Unlike Sheffield Utd for instance, they are a team we do seem to be quite handy at beating....

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 am

Well done Wolves.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:31 am

FWIW, horrible nice people they are, I don't mind them being promoted.

Obviously I don't want all the sides we don't like coming up, Tranmere can rot in hell, but for the most part it does make the games more interesting if you fecking can't stand the opposition.

Hopefully Burnley or Preston will make it up too, for the easy away games. Failing that, Sheffield United will have to do, because I like 'em.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:40 am

Tombwfc wrote:FWIW, horrible tw*ts they are, I don't mind them being promoted.

Obviously I don't want all the sides we don't like coming up, Tranmere can rot in hell, but for the most part it does make the games more interesting if you fecking can't stand the opposition.

Hopefully Burnley or Preston will make it up too, for the easy away games. Failing that, Sheffield United will have to do, because I like 'em.
Yeah, because we are really good away from home.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:47 am

Team with a very good pedigree. Back in the 50's and early 60's we had some very good games against them, they were a very very good team in those days. But another team who's fans think that they are a bigger Club than they actually are.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 am

Tombwfc wrote:Hopefully Burnley or Preston will make it up too, for the easy away games. Failing that, Sheffield United will have to do, because I like 'em.
Dunno about Preston, but Burnley would beat us at the moment.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

blurred wrote: Definitely anyone who isn't Birmingham.
Why? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:03 pm

FD wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Hopefully Burnley or Preston will make it up too, for the easy away games. Failing that, Sheffield United will have to do, because I like 'em.
Easy to get to, is what I meant.

Nevertheless, we've won the same amount of away games so far this season as we did in 05/06 when we finished 8th, and currently this season we've scored the same amount of goals away as Man Utd have. Not bad for a set of negative nice people who roll over every other week.

People don't half fly off the handle every time we lose a game.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
FD wrote:

Nevertheless, we've won the same amount of away games so far this season as we did in 05/06 when we finished 8th, and currently this season we've scored the same amount of goals away as Man Utd have. Not bad for a set of negative tw*ts who roll over every other week.

:pray:
Businesswoman of the year.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:
FD wrote:

Nevertheless, we've won the same amount of away games so far this season as we did in 05/06 when we finished 8th, and currently this season we've scored the same amount of goals away as Man Utd have. Not bad for a set of negative tw*ts who roll over every other week.

Conversely, we've lost 20 of the 35 games played and failed to score in nearly half of the league games.

The number of times where we simply don't turn up, where there is absolutely nothing positive to draw on, is way too high. That's what pisses people off.

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Super John will be back to wind them up at half time
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Congratulations to the Wolves. They have had a great season.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:59 pm

seanworth wrote:Congratulations to the Wolves. They have had a great season.
I hope that's sarcastic.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Frandsen08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frandsen08 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:57 am

there goes our bid for kightly

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 am

warthog wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:
FD wrote:

Conversely, we've lost 20 of the 35 games played and failed to score in nearly half of the league games.

The number of times where we simply don't turn up, where there is absolutely nothing positive to draw on, is way too high. That's what pisses people off.
Didn't we under Allardyce have a habit, especially in his last season, of being 3 or 4-0 down after half an hour? I'm thinking Boro, West Ham, Spurs and Utd away. Isn't that simply not turning up leaving nothing positive to draw on?