Angry Frank Lampard calls DJ

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Frandsen08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Angry Frank Lampard calls DJ

Post by Frandsen08 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:10 pm

The England midfielder Frank Lampard has phoned a radio station to round on a DJ who said he was "scum" for splitting up with the mother of his two children.

Lampard said the LBC 97.3 DJ James O'Brien was an "idiot" for upsetting his family on the first anniversary of his mother's death.

He also rejected suggestions that he'd treated his former partner badly since they split.

audio here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8017456.stm

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 pm

... and he's right. It's got bugger all to do with the journo.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah i don't really like Frank Lampard, but he's spot on.

Unfortunately we all know that media twist things beyond belief and that it's never going to change either.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 am

It might be a good idea to find out the situation that Lampard's kids are living in, before rushing to support him. If his ex-partner is to be believed, he's not exactly been supportive.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:39 am

warthog wrote:It might be a good idea to find out the situation that Lampard's kids are living in, before rushing to support him. If his ex-partner is to be believed, he's not exactly been supportive.
It might be a good idea to say "his private life is nothing to do with me".
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
warthog wrote:It might be a good idea to find out the situation that Lampard's kids are living in, before rushing to support him. If his ex-partner is to be believed, he's not exactly been supportive.
If I want to pass judgment on someone who isn't looking after his family as he should do then I will. I won't be taking any lectures from the likes of you on that score.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:31 pm

warthog wrote:
If I want to pass judgment on someone who isn't looking after his family as he should do then I will. I won't be taking any lectures from the likes of you on that score.
It might be a good idea to find out the situation that Lampard's kids are living in, before rushing to slag him off, etc. etc.
May the bridges I burn light your way

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:40 pm

So that's Celeb Worshippers 4 Kids 1

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:46 pm

I'm with Fat Frank on this one, it's got feck all to do with anyone barring those involved.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:53 pm

warthog wrote:So that's Celeb Worshippers 4 Kids 1
Do you know something that we don't Warty?

I don't know enough facts on the situation to pass any kind of judgement, but then I'm nobody to judge anyone either way!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:53 pm

I trust that you haven't included me in that little lot as I've passed no judgement whatsoever, and won't.

That was my point. We don't know the facts, there are two different versions so why believe one over the other?
May the bridges I burn light your way

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Thing is for me, I'm a family man and I have trouble believing, or maybe accepting, that someone would just leave their kids to rot. I only have my own opinions to reference on this kind of thing and my wife and children are my entire world, I can't comprehend not wanting to be with them every morning, every day and seeing them grow, seeing them develop.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 pm

My own first view was that, whatever the truth of it, being speculatively aired on radio and plastered all over the front page of the Sun etc ( first thing I saw in the newsagents this morning) won't really help anyones' cause.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm

FD wrote:Thing is for me, I'm a family man and I have trouble believing, or maybe accepting, that someone would just leave their kids to rot. I only have my own opinions to reference on this kind of thing and my wife and children are my entire world, I can't comprehend not wanting to be with them every morning, every day and seeing them grow, seeing them develop.
Then you're very naive. I know from personal experience that there are plenty of men who'll quite happily father kids and then play as little a part as possible in their upbringing. (Not my own father, I hasten to add.)

I'm with the Godfather on this. A man who doesn't look after his family isn't a man.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:40 pm

All of which is lovely. Now, is there any real evidence that Lampard isn't looking after his kids, other than his ex-fiancee pissed in a club telling people he's a nice person?

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:23 pm

warthog wrote:
FD wrote:Thing is for me, I'm a family man and I have trouble believing, or maybe accepting, that someone would just leave their kids to rot. I only have my own opinions to reference on this kind of thing and my wife and children are my entire world, I can't comprehend not wanting to be with them every morning, every day and seeing them grow, seeing them develop.
Then you're very naive. I know from personal experience that there are plenty of men who'll quite happily father kids and then play as little a part as possible in their upbringing. (Not my own father, I hasten to add.)

I'm with the Godfather on this. A man who doesn't look after his family isn't a man.
I'm not naive at all Warthog, if you read my post you'll note I have trouble accepting it. Not that I don't believe it happens, of course it happens all the time. But I'd always like to think it inconcievable because it's a horrible thing to think about. I'd also like to see proof of Lampard's wrongdoings regarding his children before I agree with a DJ calling him names.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm

What a ridiculous thing to say. I couldn't give a toss about Frank Lampard.

His family arrangements doesn't deserve my 'judgement' any more than any other family in the country.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Yo
His family arrangements doesn't deserve my 'judgement' any more than any other family in the country.
You give enough of a toss to be pontificating as usual

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:49 pm

warthog wrote:
Yo
You give enough of a toss to be pontificating as usual
Alright mate, if you say so. :|