BARCA! BARCA! BARCA!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri May 29, 2009 4:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
blurred wrote:I watched it in Rome.

I enjoyed.
Did you rush the gates, or did you rob someone in the queue? :wink:
Ouch! :|
Nope, I spent the best part of two days helping United fans, doing my job, and then settled down to watch it on comfortably the worst TV screen in Rome in a tiny bar about 3 miles out of the city centre with two Mancs, a Geordie, a Bologna fan and somewhat strangely a group of 4 Borussia Moenchengladbach fans.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri May 29, 2009 4:41 pm

blurred wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
blurred wrote:I watched it in Rome.

I enjoyed.
Did you rush the gates, or did you rob someone in the queue? :wink:
Ouch! :|
Nope, I spent the best part of two days helping United fans, doing my job, and then settled down to watch it on comfortably the worst TV screen in Rome in a tiny bar about 3 miles out of the city centre with two Mancs, a Geordie, a Bologna fan and somewhat strangely a group of 4 Borussia Moenchengladbach fans.
Sorry Blurred, that was a little crass and, having read it back, not very funny.

Hope you enjoyed the game.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 pm

S'alright fella, no offence taken.

And I enjoyed the result muchly.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:07 pm

In the hours following the Champions League final last Wednesday, it was revealed that Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola had showed his players an inspirational video ten minutes before kick-off to get them in the mood for their subsequent performance.

The film mixes images from the film Gladiator and the soundtrack includes the opera Turandot performed by Italian legend Pavarotti. It includes some of the finest moments of all the members of the Barcelona squad, even those that didn’t play (e.g. Dani Alves) or were unlikely to get off the bench (e.g. Eidur Gudjohnsen).

According to reports, the film moved several of the players to tears and has been hailed as a masterstroke by the rookie manager who doesn’t appear in the movie.

Last night it was shown on Catalonia’s public television channel TV3 and it can be seen on

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2648876/
Was right all along

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Bruno wrote:
In the hours following the Champions League final last Wednesday, it was revealed that Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola had showed his players an inspirational video ten minutes before kick-off to get them in the mood for their subsequent performance.

The film mixes images from the film Gladiator and the soundtrack includes the opera Turandot performed by Italian legend Pavarotti. It includes some of the finest moments of all the members of the Barcelona squad, even those that didn’t play (e.g. Dani Alves) or were unlikely to get off the bench (e.g. Eidur Gudjohnsen).

According to reports, the film moved several of the players to tears and has been hailed as a masterstroke by the rookie manager who doesn’t appear in the movie.

Last night it was shown on Catalonia’s public television channel TV3 and it can be seen on

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2648876/
How was it a master stroke? THey started wank. The masterstroke was scoring, then they settled and walked it from there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm

He probably copied it from Allardyce
Was right all along

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 pm

He should've just put Sky on, they usually have about 10 of those in the lead up to every game.

That said, they'd also have had to watch Souness, which i guess would've been so demoralising it would've cancelled the whole thing out.

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Actually talk is that the players were freaked out and that's why they had such a mare during the first minutes :lol: