Newcastle for sale via email!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Newcastle for sale via email!!

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 am

The latest statement on Newcastle's website reads as follows:
NUFC Statement

The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the Club is for sale at the price of £100m.

Interested parties should contact Newcastle United at [email protected] (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details.

The Club will not be making any further comment at the present time.
How amateurish and crass is that?

Newcastle on line is now pure comedy! I particularly liked these:
Hello Mr Ashley

My name is Horace Mgumbo. I am wealthy Nigeria business man. The type you might see in Hollywood movie good friend. I would love to be buying your football club. My uncle is Minister of Banking here in Nigeria and has the sum of $100,000,000 British Dollars in secret back account. I would be very interested to buy this Newcastle United Football Team as I hear they do well in Premiership under your exellent guidence my friend. If you can send me the sum of $1,000 British Dollars or perhaps if that is too difficult give me contract to excellent player Nicky Butt we can do some excellent business dealings.

Doctor Horace Mgumbo.
Professor of finacnial Studys
Nigeria institute of Businesses and Money

Wonder if it'll get a reply.
I just can't believe Ashley came out with all that s**** about how he'd made mistakes and he just keeps messing it up more and more. What serious party is going to be prevented from buying NUFC because they couldn't find a way of getting in touch? Which rich individual or consortium was 50/50 on buying NUFC and is now going "well we might as well go for it now lads, we've got the email address. Save on the phone minutes".

It seriously seems like they're taking the piss here, I agree with other posters on that.
I think Newcastle fans might agree that there is a downside with a billionaire owner. I could almost feel sympathy for them!
:D

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 am

That really is absurd. It signals to potential buyers that Newcastle is such a shitty investment that nobody will contact them through normal channels. Steer well clear.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 am

Hello Mr Ashley,

If you had known anything about football you would not of listened to those fat overweight barcodes that wanted BSA's head, you would proberbly be comfortable mid table now and ready to progress further.

With the above in mind taking all things into consideration (BSA will proberbly never return) and the fact it will cost an arm and leg to get a decent manager in and replace your misfits with people who are actually football players, the debt the club is in and the fact huge investment in a new ground and inferstructure is required to make Newcastle Europes leading team, I will be willing to take it off your hands for a small payment around £250 mill.
I hope you find this acceptable because I have some very original ideas to try.

Hobo

ps have you got any large hills nearby?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:05 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Hello Mr Ashley,

If you had known anything about football you would not of listened to those fat overweight barcodes that wanted BSA's head, you would proberbly be comfortable mid table now and ready to progress further.

With the above in mind taking all things into consideration (BSA will proberbly never return) and the fact it will cost an arm and leg to get a decent manager in and replace your misfits with people who are actually football players, the debt the club is in and the fact huge investment in a new ground and inferstructure is required to make Newcastle Europes leading team, I will be willing to take it off your hands for a small payment around £250 mill.
I hope you find this acceptable because I have some very original ideas to try.

Hobo

ps have you got any large hills nearby?
Hoboh I must question your business acumen. You are offering 250 million when the asking price is only 100 million?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Read more carefully BWFCi :)

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Newcastle for sale via email!!

Post by Raven » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:The latest statement on Newcastle's website reads as follows:
NUFC Statement

The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the Club is for sale at the price of £100m.

Interested parties should contact Newcastle United at [email protected] (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details.

The Club will not be making any further comment at the present time.
If I buy them will Orville do a turn?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:34 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Read more carefully BWFCi :)
Ahhh!

Well it isn't entirely clear! I'd not send that anywhere. Ashley may see it as a binding contract and the direction of the payment isn't explicit!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ahhh!

Well it isn't entirely clear! I'd not send that anywhere. Ashley may see it as a binding contract and the direction of the payment isn't explicit!
He may view it a little more positive than you do :mrgreen:

I know you are a little septic about what I write :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ahhh!

If you want in writing something that could be seen as offering to pay Ashley 250M then be my guest. Hope you are on good terms with your bank manager! :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ahhh!

If you want in writing something that could be seen as offering to pay Ashley 250M then be my guest. Hope you are on good terms with your bank manager! :mrgreen:
Ambiguous old chap, you know like people write contracts then it can boil down to who can afford the best lawyer! (I'd better watch it Mummy ruled out helping me about 2,500 posts ago :mrgreen: )

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 pm

The biggest joke of all if how everybody there is clamoring so Newcastle hires on a permanent basis the same manager that got them relegated :lol:

It's so absurd, the guy has no experience whatsoever, didn't really improve their game one bit when he was in charge... but he's Alan Shearer, of course. Really, the barcodes have shot their own feet so many times they probably have a couple stumps down there.

I mean, I don't like picking on other peoples' clubs, but they just make it so easy.

Frandsen08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frandsen08 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:29 pm

me and a 3 man consortium have officially lauched an equiry to buy newcastle united.no joke submitted an offer saying we are interested in buying it and we would like to discuss it further.

any one fancy a game next year?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ahhh!

"Around 250M" and 100M are pretty much the same from my perspective. Both way out of sight. :oops:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 pm

I read that someone had offered a curly wurly! :lol:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am

officer_dibble wrote:I read that someone had offered a curly wurly! :lol:
Makes my potential offer of a Mars bar and a packet of crisps seem way over the top - I will have to rethink.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:20 am

Frandsen08 wrote:me and a 3 man consortium have officially lauched an equiry to buy newcastle united.no joke submitted an offer saying we are interested in buying it and we would like to discuss it further.

Yeah, sure. I'll hit the burger king over the summer and wear Nolan's jersey.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 am

officer_dibble wrote:I read that someone had offered a curly wurly! :lol:
Someone offered a 1981 Shoot Annual and 6 stamps.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Frandsen08 wrote:me and a 3 man consortium have officially lauched an equiry to buy newcastle united.no joke submitted an offer saying we are interested in buying it and we would like to discuss it further.

Please, Please, please, can I be your Manager? they will have to swim Kielder before I would even let them on the training ground!

Frandsen08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frandsen08 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 pm

hoboh2o wrote:

Please, Please, please, can I be your Manager? they will have to swim Kielder before I would even let them on the training ground!
your hired
Jakerbeef wrote:

Yeah, sure. I'll hit the burger king over the summer and wear Nolan's jersey.
lovely stuff, i have my first striker, any one got ricketts number??

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Frandsen08 wrote:any one got ricketts number??
Most defenders, evidently.