Sam "I've taken Bolton as far as I can" Allardyce

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Sam "I've taken Bolton as far as I can" Allardyce

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 am

I wanted money in January to push them on to the champions league. I didn't get enough. I need a bigger challenge where I can prove myself as a top manager at a club that shares my ambitions.

Funny how things work out eh?

Blackburn vow to slash wage bill

Blackburn Rovers chairman John Williams says the club will make significant cuts to wages in time for next season.

Williams told BBC Radio Lancashire: "A number of players are leaving and are not essential to replace, so that will go a long way to doing it.

"We've not got a bottomless pot of money and I think numbers will have to be reduced.

"We budgeted for a wage rise this year but that wasn't enough when you change manager and buy players in January."

He continued: "The total extent of the wage bill was higher than we thought and coupled with the lower league position it was difficult for us financially".

Following the arrival of South African midfielder Elrio van Heerden and the imminent signing of French defender Gael Givet, Williams has warned Blackburn supporters not to expect a summer filled with new signings.

"Sam (Allardyce) understands the financial position and a lot depends on whether Roque (Santa Cruz) goes.

"We have already spent a substantial amount of money going forward by converting the option we negotiated with Gael Givet."

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 am

Looking at their squad, I'm surprised their wage bill is a problem.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:30 am

H. Pedersen wrote:Looking at their squad, I'm surprised their wage bill is a problem.
Think their wage bill is the highest as a percentage of turnover of all Premiership clubs!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 am

That's so strange. I mean Santa Cruz, McCarthy, and Pedersen are probably on decent wages, maybe Diouf too now, but who else?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:44 am

H. Pedersen wrote:That's so strange. I mean Santa Cruz, McCarthy, and Pedersen are probably on decent wages, maybe Diouf too now, but who else?
Robinson, Nelson, Samba, Dunn, Warnock will all be on big salaries.

Depends what their wage policy has been. Hughes will have demanded to be competitive.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am

H. Pedersen wrote:Looking at their squad, I'm surprised their wage bill is a problem.
I'll bet anything other than any trusts or bits left by uncle Jack that the dingles income is p*ss poor even by our standards.
BWFCI do you not think BSA is only at dingle town to put himself back in the shop window? I doubt he has a 10 year plan for them. :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am

hoboh2o wrote:
I'll bet anything other than any trusts or bits left by uncle Jack that the dingles income is p*ss poor even by our standards.
BWFCI do you not think BSA is only at dingle town to put himself back in the shop window? I doubt he has a 10 year plan for them. :mrgreen:
Am sure he sees it like that. Reality is all he'll ever be is a decent manager of smaller sides. No more no less.

Not a top 4 side manager. Doesn't suit the big clubs.

Truth hurts!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Think their wage bill is the highest as a percentage of turnover of all Premiership clubs!
That'll be Wigan, 100% of the turnover. Ridiculous

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:50 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
That'll be Wigan, 100% of the turnover. Ridiculous
Was sure it was Blackburn. But either way they are very high up there.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
Am sure he sees it like that. Reality is all he'll ever be is a decent manager of smaller sides. No more no less.

Truth hurts!
Why do I get the feeling you love BSA like I love Megson :wink:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

Wigan have sold everything that isn't nailed down, including the manager, so you'd fancy their wage bill will look healthier now.

David Conns look at their finances for the Guardian (a year out of date, so some of the personnel have changed, though only really Bentley has left) has them spending £39.7mil on wages, which was 70% of their £56.4mil turnover.

Incidentally, the finances in that report are nearly identical on both sides (the hotel revenue putting us in front), but we appear to be a season or so ahead in terms of cutting the wage bill.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:04 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:

Truth hurts!
Why do I get the feeling you love BSA like I love Megson :wink:
I did love Allardyce until the point he deliberately and calculatingly tried to destroy BWFC in order to try and save his own reputation.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Wigan have sold everything that isn't nailed down, including the manager, so you'd fancy their wage bill will look healthier now.

David Conns look at their finances for the Guardian (a year out of date, so some of the personnel have changed, though only really Bentley has left) has them spending £39.7mil on wages, which was 70% of their £56.4mil turnover.

Incidentally, the finances in that report are nearly identical on both sides (the hotel revenue putting us in front), but we appear to be a season or so ahead in terms of cutting the wage bill.
Sooo we use the same 6 fingered accountants then!! :wink:

Frandsen08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frandsen08 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 pm

i wonder id BSA will be slashing his own wages??

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Sam "I've taken Bolton as far as I can" Allard

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I wanted money in January to push them on to the champions league. I didn't get enough. I need a bigger challenge where I can prove myself as a top manager at a club that shares my ambitions.

Funny how things work out eh?

Blackburn vow to slash wage bill

Blackburn Rovers chairman John Williams says the club will make significant cuts to wages in time for next season.

Williams told BBC Radio Lancashire: "A number of players are leaving and are not essential to replace, so that will go a long way to doing it.

"We've not got a bottomless pot of money and I think numbers will have to be reduced.

"We budgeted for a wage rise this year but that wasn't enough when you change manager and buy players in January."

He continued: "The total extent of the wage bill was higher than we thought and coupled with the lower league position it was difficult for us financially".

Following the arrival of South African midfielder Elrio van Heerden and the imminent signing of French defender Gael Givet, Williams has warned Blackburn supporters not to expect a summer filled with new signings.

"Sam (Allardyce) understands the financial position and a lot depends on whether Roque (Santa Cruz) goes.

"We have already spent a substantial amount of money going forward by converting the option we negotiated with Gael Givet."
Well that'll be Allardyce taking another 'Rest from football' soon then!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Frandsen08 wrote:i wonder id BSA will be slashing his own wages??
Why should he? It's not his decision!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sam "I've taken Bolton as far as I can" Allard

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
A little piece of football's soul just died there.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.