chelsea banned from signing players till 2011

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

chelsea banned from signing players till 2011

Post by James B » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:56 pm

some dodgy deal for a french kid from lens involved

oh dear

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

I'd be surprised if it stands.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Village_Idiot2 wrote:I'd be surprised if it stands.
Would be funny if it does though, not like they are in desperate need of any right now.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Sorry but I take a dim view of this!!! Its an English Premier league club, you know the sort of club that keeps filling up 3 out of 4 semi final places in Europes elite compition.
It stinks of the hand of a frog!!!!

FFS R Madrid are real Bastions of fair play in transfer markets ain't they!!

Platini and his like will eventually drive some clubs to go for the SKY Champions cup!! would be funny as hell when Uefa want us to compete in their champions league :wink:

VFLsmonan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by VFLsmonan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

fecking disgrace...

:laugh:
Schwarz-Weiß-Grün bis in den Tod!

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:49 pm

oh well puts them on a level playing field with us :lmfao:
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Sorry but I take a dim view of this!!! Its an English Premier league club, you know the sort of club that keeps filling up 3 out of 4 semi final places in Europes elite compition.

Platini and his like will eventually drive some clubs to go for the SKY Champions cup!! would be funny as hell when Uefa want us to compete in their champions league :wink:
I see your point but I think it has more to do with the players age. Not sure it is so much anti English or simply making it clear to football clubs that fiddling with minors is not allowed.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Sorry but I take a dim view of this!!! Its an English Premier league club, you know the sort of club that keeps filling up 3 out of 4 semi final places in Europes elite compition.

While I'm broadly in agreement with Platini that no country should have too many all-powerful clubs and that clubs shouldn't be allowed to sally around with £750m debts, this embargo was a decision by FIFA, not UEFA. And not the first time they've imposed such a sanction - a Swiss side was banned for one transfer window for a dodgy transfer.

Chelsea can appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, who take months, so they'll probably be allowed to buy in January with the sentence suspended until a decision is reached. So, of course, they'll rampantly over-buy to be on the safe side...

More here

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Didn't Roma get done like this for tapping up Mexes
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

seanworth wrote:
Village_Idiot2 wrote:I'd be surprised if it stands.
Would be funny if it does though, not like they are in desperate need of any right now.
They might not be at the moment but just wait til next summer. Their squad is ageing and I reckon Ancelotti's gonna be regretting his lack of signings now.

I hope it stands, it's about time teams started getting proper punishments for misdemeanours. Fine's for a club of Chelsea's size are completely pointless.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:05 am

Whether or not this will stick, or whether any appeal will result in a reduced penalty I don't know - but I did have a chuckle when I read the report about this alleged infraction of the rules.

Rules are rules, whoever you are (not that you'd know that by watching some of the on-field antics), so I'd be more than pleased if this case, if proven, results in Chelsea being penalised. Not totally because it's Chelsea but because it will confirm that the powers that be do in fact have teeth and will use them as and when necessary, regardless of the so-called status of the club involved.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 am

Are they going to activate their 3 point deduction that they got suspended for tapping up Cashley? Doubtful, but they should.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Hard to know what to say. It's FIFA having done this, and I hate them. Seems odd with what else goes on in the game that they picked this out. The FA should just leave FIFA or encourage UEFA to leave. It's bad enough in the Prem, but when I think about the tossers in charge at UEFA and FIFA I get depressed.

Somehow I doubt that Chelsea's infraction was the worst or even only transfer irregularity. It's just Europe getting their knickers in a twist.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:07 pm

americantrotter wrote:Somehow I doubt that Chelsea's infraction was the worst or even only transfer irregularity. It's just Europe getting their knickers in a twist.
Surely it's related to Chelsea's previous infractions. Cole has been mentioned, but don't forget the illegal approach for Arnesen from Tottenham. When you have as much money as Abramovich does, FIFA can't punish you with fines.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:30 pm

It still seems pretty odd to me with all that goes on and that they have let happen that they single out Chelsea. Although they might be forced to go after Man Yoo next.

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Are they going to activate their 3 point deduction that they got suspended for tapping up Cashley? Doubtful, but they should.
That's a point, is it being classed as the same offence? If so then surely it should be triggered.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 pm

We should be careful here the brown envelope may return to do for us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:39 pm

americantrotter wrote:It still seems pretty odd to me with all that goes on and that they have let happen that they single out Chelsea. Although they might be forced to go after Man Yoo next.
They've "lured" a few youngsters. Complaints are starting to roll in. And so they should.

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:09 pm

I hope this helps straightening up the youth player market. These clubs that bother to scout and develop these players deserve their compensation, although since this centers on a very clear transgression (breach of contract), not sure how it will affect the general market (i.e., Barça and Madrid usually pilfer players for free since people under 16 can't really be legally tied to a contract in Spain, that's how we got Iniesta and lost Cesc Fàbregas).

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I read one of the writers today whose comments went along the lines of saying football was finally starting to hand out reasonable punishments, y'know the kind that might deter offenders from repeating. So hopefully it stands, or gets made longer. Its the only hope clubs like ours will have - academies, and keeping hold of kids.