Ever had any bother with GMP?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Ever had any bother with GMP?

Post by blurred » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/FSF-North-We ... y-2010.php
The FSF’s North West and North Wales Division will meet this Thursday 21st January with guest speaker Inspector Sesnan who has responsibility for football policing within Greater Manchester Police (GMP). FSF member or not we'd be delighted to see you there.

As it’s away fans who usually have more issues with the police this might even interest members from beyond the North West so please do forward this on to anyone who you think might be interested.

Given the issues that the FSF and football fans have had with the GMP in the past this is the ideal opportunity for you to put your questions and opinions to GMP. How would you like to see things done differently? Senior police officers from Lancashire and Merseyside are also expected to be in attendance.

The meeting will be held at the Waldorf Pub 12 Gore Street, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 3AQ with a 7pm kick-off. Click here for directions to the Waldorf which is five minutes walk from Piccadilly rail station - car parking is available close by.

If you have any queries please email divisional secretary [email protected].

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

No, I haven't. Then again I just go to the game & behave myself. Could you pass that message on ... or do you only want the bad news ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:No, I haven't. Then again I just go to the game & behave myself. Could you pass that message on ... or do you only want the bad news ?
99% of people do the same.

Sadly the boys in blue (enjoying their well paid overtime) like nothing more than trying to arrest football fans, whether they've done anything or not. Like those lovely police up at Blackburn a while back, who thought they were doing 'their job' by attacking Bolton fans with dogs and truncheons.

Do they really need so many coppers at games like, for example, Bolton v Fulham? Thet don't but that football cash cow helps line their pockets where Gordon Brown hasn't.
Troll and proud of it.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Has anyone else liked Blurred less since he became a FSF bumboy?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Not particularly... I'm all for an organisation that prevents fans getting a hard time from the police. We've all been to games and seen somebody treated unfairly... For not sitting down immediately after a move breaks down, or more serious issues like being kicked in the back by a copper whilst trying to get out of a stadium and ending up with a monumental egg above my eye... That was for because the police man wanted to get outside to stop a skirmesh between 2 other police men at Derby a few years back.

The FSF seems to do a fine job and I'm sure if what happened to Stoke and Sunderland fans had happened to members of this board, then we'd also want to voice our disapproval / frustrations
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Sorry, I should've added the obligatory website wink

So here it is

:wink:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:52 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Has anyone else liked Blurred less since he became a FSF bumboy?
It was possible for people on here to like me less??

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

blurred wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:Has anyone else liked Blurred less since he became a FSF bumboy?
Have you been reading some of the Arsenal and Burnley threads. You're positively one of us by comparison

Am at your place tomorrow. Halway line. Row 1. Jobs a good un, should be good game.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Grande Madrid Police significantly less inclined to cheerily direct you the right way or tell you the time, I'm told...

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 am

blurred wrote:
I liked Davies>Crouch or whatever his name was significantly less than I like you.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:31 am

blurred wrote:
Awww is Blurred fishing for compliments?

Well then you're allright for a scouse supporting tw*t :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 am

Nope, he's not, he was just being self-deprecating.

And talking in the third person, which he hates, so he'll stop.

Anyway, if anyone's got nowt better to do on Thursday evening and fancies a chinwag about all things footie, get thee to the pub mentioned in the first post.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I thought that Blurred had put up a post specifically about GMP's treatment of the Stoke fans - but I'm unable to find it. Anyway, well done Blurred's lot!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 412281.stm
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:58 pm

it is often said we have the most controlled/restrained police force in the world....

maybe..

but this must run us very close indeed!

A protester urinates in front of a row of policemen during riots following the death of a 15-year-old boy in San Carlos de Bariloche. According to local media, provincial government officials have confirmed that four police officers, involved in the incident which left the boy dead during an alleged robbery, have been removed from their posts. Three people have died and at least 12 have been injured during the clashes.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I thought that Blurred had put up a post specifically about GMP's treatment of the Stoke fans - but I'm unable to find it. Anyway, well done Blurred's lot!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 412281.stm
Aye, it was mentioned in here: http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... hp?t=17254&

All good news for the fans concerned, really - joke of an action from GMP, and exactly the sort of thing that the FSF is here to assist with.

Well done to Stoke City, too, who agreed to part-underwrite the legal costs with us if it went to court and was unsuccessful. Not many clubs would do that.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:38 am

Fair play to the Stoke fans, it's just a shame the police aren't out and about trying to combat 'real' crimes, as opposed to a bunch of blokes having a drink and singing football songs in a pub.

And with more budget cuts for the boys in blue - expect even more of them at the football to boost their income.

I wonder how many of them will be hanging round Horwich Parkway next season, desperate to arrest fans for having the audacity for trying to get home :roll:
Troll and proud of it.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 am

as wrote:I wonder how many of them will be hanging round Horwich Parkway next season, desperate to arrest fans for having the audacity for trying to get home :roll:
I'd hope that the GMP have learned from the United incident, as well as the complaints they got after the Bolton game last year, to cut Stoke (and all fans) a bit of slack. Won't hold my breath, though.

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Over two grand for spending the afternoon in a pub? Where do I sign for my Stoke season ticket?!

In all seriousness only police ever had a problem with were Met when we played Fulham at Loftus Road-"yes I would prefer my girlfriend to be frisked by a female officer...."

and Preston "what time do they normally open the turnstyles here?" "I'M SICK OF TELLING YOU LOT, 12 O fecking CLOCK." To be fair this charlie ws overheard by a Sergeant who gave him a bollocking, moved him on and apologised to us. Could have been arrested that day!!

Best ever though...Marseille. After the club putting the fear of god into us about 'THE HANGER'. It was quite a suprise to just wander through and no-one even look at our tickets!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Cops at Tranmere weren't allowed to join the force if they had GCSEs.

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 am

I don't think I've ever had a problem with the police in this country at the football. Not even when we played Fulham at Loftus Road.
Buster League Champion!