Wenger... arse

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Wenger... arse

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 am

Seriously, is he on some kind of mission to upset every team in the country??

Good on O'Neill for not being afraid to speak his mind back. All respect for the Arse is rapidly going, the sour grapes are fermenting inside Wenger every time they see the 'title chase' (ha hah ha) disappearing.
A row is brewing between Arsene Wenger and Martin O'Neill after the Arsenal manager criticised Aston Villa's style of play.

The Gunners were held to a 0-0 draw at UEFA Champions League-chasing Villa on Wednesday night as they missed the chance to return to the top of the Premier League.

Wenger was understandably frustrated that his side failed to seize the opportunity and was less than complimentary about O'Neill's Villa side in his post-match press conference.

The Frenchman said: "I believe we dropped two points because we had clear chances, but it was a very difficult game.

"They stopped us from playing when we had the ball and when they had the ball. They played a very long ball game, closed us down and it was very difficult for us.

"We know when you come here what you get and we were not disappointed.

Problems
"Villa play a very efficient English game with long balls and (they are) very physical.

"They did it very well and are a good side when counter-attacking."

O'Neill was clearly upset when told of Wenger's remarks and said: "If that is what he saw tonight, well that is a ridiculous statement.

"He has made a few ridiculous statements in his time here (in England) and that is as good as any. That is an appalling insult.

"I thought we played splendidly in the game. Their goalkeeper made a great save from Gabby (Agbonlahor) early on and Ashley Young produced some incredible balls into the box that just needed a touch on them.

"Arsenal caused us problems and we had a bit of luck when they hit the post and crossbar but we did not deserve to lose in this game."

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:08 am

I fear that the loveable Frenchman is rapidly turning into a caricature of himself.

Oh, and he is a tosser.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 am

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 am

Those comments are exactly the same ones he's been trotting out against us for years. He's like a bloomin' parrot.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I am starting to feel dirty...I am now hating this hypocrital tosser more than old purple nose!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Hang on a sec. "Prick" is taken already by everyone's favourite waiter. Title needs amending to spunkbubble or summat.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey........Wenger......leave those kids alone!
Troll and proud of it.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:34 am

ratbert wrote:Those comments are exactly the same ones he's been trotting out against us for years. He's like a bloomin' parrot.
When Arsenal win, he gives the other team credit. When Arsenal lose, the other team is a bunch of long-ball merchants.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Oh come, come, people. Wenger has just completely 'Fergied' O'Neill, good style. Villa are a serious threat to Arse this year and he did the same to us when we looked to be in with a sniff. I despise the feck* for his "I didn't see Gallas deliberately try to break Davies' ankle - Martin Taylor tried to break Eduardo in half" type shite, but he's gone for the old psychological edge on this one as far as I can see, and has done quite well too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm

JACK WILSHIRE Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 am

Thread title changed - by popular demand.

After all, there's only one prick and he's employed by Liverpool. (Well, he is at the moment) :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 am

I'd like to say I actually think Wenger is a pretty shrewd , tactically sound, basic good guy and generous in defeat but,

(a) I'd be lying

and

(b) you'd accuse me of liking Arse! :mrgreen:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Proved to be an Arse again, was ok when Henry and pals took quick free kicks!
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Raven wrote:Proved to be an Arse again, was ok when Henry and pals took quick free kicks!
Hmmmmmm. I think Wenger had a point in this case. Although as this Champions League match review points out, his defenders should have shown a lot more nous than they did.

Still, that doesn't disguise the fact that the ref had a stinker. Compared his decision to perhaps the most celbrated/villified of Henry's quick free kicks. Have a watch here if you need to refresh your memory. The first thing to note is that all the Chelsea players are back and are forming a wall. The second thing to note is that it's nowhere near as qucik as Porto's was. Thirdly, have a look at the last reply. The ref has clearly indicated to both sets of players that he's going to let Arsenal take it, which is why the Chelsea player is frantically shouting to Cech to get back across. In the Porto match the ref didn't seem to realise the freekick had been taken until the ball was practially in the back of the net. As Wenger said, he might have well just awared Porto a goal instead of a freekick.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 pm

rockthereebok wrote:As Wenger said, he might have well just awared Porto a goal instead of a freekick.
and where's the problem with that exactly?? :conf:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 pm

thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:As Wenger said, he might have well just awared Porto a goal instead of a freekick.
and where's the problem with that exactly?? :conf:
I take your point .... but, seriously, can you just imagine the reaction of ANY set of fans/players/management if that went against them ?

It was a very odd thing to do, but yes, Campbell & Co. should have been more alert.

What it has done is the encourage players to kick the ball away etc. more than ever.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:43 pm

Here have a sweetie....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:41 am

bobo the clown wrote: What it has done is the encourage players to kick the ball away etc. more than ever.
True, but if the keeper belted one into the stand he'd just have taken a booking for the team. Better that than a goal against, no?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: What it has done is the encourage players to kick the ball away etc. more than ever.
True, but if the keeper belted one into the stand he'd just have taken a booking for the team. Better that than a goal against, no?
Absolutely. So now we can expect more of the standing to close to the kicker , trotting off with the ball. kicking it away etc., etc.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Well, it seems Arsene has turned a corner and is actually seeing key incidents in games. Or is that because some have gone against his team? Anyway.

It struck me as an odd decision to let the goal stand. Huge inconsistency with referees as to when the attackers need to wait for a whistle or take the free kicks. For what it's worth, I have no problem with them taking it, but you know full well if we had one against Arsenal in the Prem, the ref would make sure all XI Arsenal players were behind the ball before we were allowed to take it.