Martin Jol

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Martin Jol

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

Turns Fulham down.

:mrgreen:

They are in a bit of a pickle. No manager only a few weeks to go till the season.

I once heard Alex Ferguson say that pre-season was the most crucial time for a manager to work with his team and get the shape and pattern he wants. He reckons during the season there is no real chance to change much.

Fulham are rapidly running out of time.

Oh and who do they play first?

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:24 am

Also if they go for anyone else basically they're saying your second choice. Not a good plan, and even better news for us.

Fulham are going down, going down, going down.
Fulham are going down, going down, going down.
Lets boo Hodgson.
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Martin Jol

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Turns Fulham down.

They are in a bit of a pickle. No manager only a few weeks to go till the season.

I once heard Alex Ferguson say that pre-season was the most crucial time for a manager to work with his team and get the shape and pattern he wants. He reckons during the season there is no real chance to change much.

Mate, we've plays good Fulham's, shit Fulham's. We've played them early in the season, we've played them late in the season. We've played them in the afternoon, we've played them at night. We've played them with half decent managers, we've played them with shite.

It will still be 0-0 (or IF it gets really exciting 1-1).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:35 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Mate, we've plays good Fulham's, shit Fulham's. We've played them early in the season, we've played them late in the season. We've played them in the afternoon, we've played them at night. We've played them with half decent managers, we've played them with shite.

Indeed but in general its good news that they're struggling to get a manager at this stage. Potentially with a fair wind a club we could compete with, though if the reports of them having 25M to spend are true, maybe not so easily!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Indeed but in general its good news that they're struggling to get a manager at this stage. Potentially with a fair wind a club we could compete with, though if the reports of them having 25M to spend are true, maybe not so easily!
They've actually spent a few bob in the last few years too!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Fulham are well over £100 Million in debt.. think I may have heard £170 Million. They surprisingly have one of the best sponsorship packages in Europe though and potentially sit on a goldmine.

Still, can't see them spending 20 odd Million quid this season. Despite their previous rather large spending, which has gone unmissed by some, during this "miraculous achievement" wankfest
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:Fulham are well over £100 Million in debt.. think I may have heard £170 Million. They surprisingly have one of the best sponsorship packages in Europe though and potentially sit on a goldmine.
Imagine they sold the ground for housing! Millions if not billions for that land.
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:27 pm

jenkz wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Fulham are well over £100 Million in debt.. think I may have heard £170 Million. They surprisingly have one of the best sponsorship packages in Europe though and potentially sit on a goldmine.
Imagine they sold the ground for housing! Millions if not billions for that land.
As it stands though... They can't.

It HAS to be used for footballing purposes according to the deeds for the land

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jenkz wrote:

Gah!

I thought they could flog it, then groundshare with Chelsea, since Stamford Bridge is in Fulham.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jenkz wrote:

Ah fair enough, though I'm sure they'll be fine with their sugar daddy.
Nat Lofthouse:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 pm

jenkz wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
jenkz wrote:

Ah fair enough, though I'm sure they'll be fine with their sugar daddy.
The one who is advertising the club to buyers in The Financial Times? :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:22 am

Rug muncher turns down carpet salesman, hardly news!
Fulham will find some, I reckon that hodgeson fella over at self pity stadium, scouse land looks made for there!