The Venkys Fried Chicken thread of ridiculouness

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

The Venkys Fried Chicken thread of ridiculouness

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:46 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... vers-milan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:crazy:
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: The Venkys Chicken thread of ridiculouness

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:51 pm

it sure is a roller coaster ride at venkys ewok park

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Can see this one happening. Think the Darwen nightlife could be the clincher.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:57 pm

Doubtful about this being true, at least not the 130,000 a week. Anyway good for an excuse to laugh at them some more.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 pm

And Steve Kean is interested in bringing in David Beckham.... Please can this work out the same way West Ham did, and have a nice relegation at the end of the tale

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

seanworth wrote:Doubtful about this being true, at least not the 130,000 a week. Anyway good for an excuse to laugh at them some more.
That is what a few of the rovers lot were thinking, just another cheap publicity stunt.

The story was first mentioned on venkys facebook and twitter site, then removed.

I have done a bit of lurking on brfcs.com it is hilarious with the number of hope, false dawns and despair.

So dingles :fingers:

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Steve Kean is starting to sound like Sammy Lee. 'The boys showed commitment' 'We need to stick together' blah blah blah...
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:51 pm

jaffka wrote:
seanworth wrote:Doubtful about this being true, at least not the 130,000 a week. Anyway good for an excuse to laugh at them some more.
That is what a few of the rovers lot were thinking, just another cheap publicity stunt.

The story was first mentioned on venkys facebook and twitter site, then removed.

I have done a bit of lurking on brfcs.com it is hilarious with the number of hope, false dawns and despair.

So dingles :fingers:
The whole thing has a "We are ambitious we tried for Beckham, we tried for Ronaldinho but they wouldn't come so we have had to settle for Mogli a nice little Indian boy who has passion and willing to play many more than 90 minutes"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Rovers and another unnamed Premiership club. Couldn't possibly imagine who they might be! Plenty of ideas Boleyn around my mind though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

bobby5 wrote:Steve Kean is starting to sound like Sammy Lee. 'The boys showed commitment' 'We need to stick together' blah blah blah...
Next thing you know he'll be seeing plenty of positives...

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:56 pm

This has been posted on the BRFC fan site this morning......sounds like the owners are a bunch of numpties

The last 24 hours have been dominated with fevered speculation that Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho was set to join Rovers in a sensational swoop organised by the new owners of the club Venky's.

The details of this potential transfer were leaked on the Venky's Facebook/Twitter accounts early yesterday, then quotes from Venky's representative in Brazil suggested that the move was very much on. Speculation reached fever pitch when BRFCS resident journalist Alan Nixon confirmed last night that Rovers were chasing Ronaldinho, which was followed up by any of the other national newspapers. Ronaldinho's agent and brother Roberto De Assis also confirmed Rovers interest "Blackburn have contacted us. There is also other interest in England but this is confidential"

However, this morning the Lancashire Telegraph has run an interview with co owner Venkatesh Rao "That is not true. There is no interest at all, they are just rumours," Rao told the Lancashire Telegraph. "We are still finalising possible signings but hopefully we can come out into the press and make things clearer in a week." "Discussions are still going on and meetings are going on. Money is not the criteria at all though, we do not mind about the money."

The last 24 hours have shown again that the communication from the new owners needs to sorted out as soon as possible as it has the potential to cause serious damage to the reputation of the club and it's owners. Questions need to be asked about why transfer targets are being revealed on the official Venky's social networking accounts? Who is controlling these accounts? and if we are to believe the comments of Venkatesh Rao this morning, why is false information being released by these social networking accounts?

and then you get this on Sky..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 62,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they're fast becoming a laughing stock
The Voice Of Reason

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Just been prowling on BRFCS and most of them seem to think he'll be moving into Darwen any time soon.

Bizarre.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm

They do realise he's past it? I think that would satisfy me even more if he went there, they paid him an extraordinary amount of money and then he's complete and utter turd.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 pm

I can't see it happening, but its nice to dream once in a while. If Eddie Davies suddenly announced that we had the cash to attract a Ronaldinho (or somesuch) I think we'd all (well most of us) be on the bandwagon.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Scored 12 at a rate of 1 in 3 last year for Milan, with similar number of goals set up. Still only 30.

Not totally past it yet but suppose we can assume he soon will be now he'll never play for a leading club again.

These owners are a complete bunch of jokers though.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 am

Salford Trotter wrote:they're fast becoming a laughing stock
Chicken stock, surely?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 am

Lord Kangana wrote:I can't see it happening, but its nice to dream once in a while. If Eddie Davies suddenly announced that we had the cash to attract a Ronaldinho (or somesuch) I think we'd all (well most of us) be on the bandwagon.
Why? Surely our new plan of bringing in younger players is better for the long term?

Why go back to the non sustainable old days?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I can't see it happening, but its nice to dream once in a while. If Eddie Davies suddenly announced that we had the cash to attract a Ronaldinho (or somesuch) I think we'd all (well most of us) be on the bandwagon.
Why? Surely our new plan of bringing in younger players is better for the long term?

Without suggesting we return to Dad's Army, the odd bit of world class doesn't do any harm, and occasionally, I think we miss a sort of Campo level of class when the game needs slowing down and the sting needs taking out of it. :-)

However, the BBC reporting the Chicken Shack are offering £20m over 3 years. I'm not THAT interested.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Without suggesting we return to Dad's Army, the odd bit of world class doesn't do any harm, and occasionally, I think we miss a sort of Campo level of class when the game needs slowing down and the sting needs taking out of it. :-)

However, the BBC reporting the Chicken Shack are offering £20m over 3 years. I'm not THAT interested.
Thats the thing worthy, for every Campo there will be a Jardel waiting to happen. Looking at our finances I can't see how throwing money at a short term fix who will leave for nowt in a season or two's time will help us at all.

When Allardyce brought us up initially it worked out ok, but we all saw what happened with a team of Speed, Okocha, Campo, Stelios etc when age caught up with them.

I think as you say the odd one here or there is helpful, and I guess that was the idea behind Petrov, though for me thats not working out well at all. Also bear in mind the way Coyle wants to play, we need fresh legs all over the park, I really couldn't see Campo fitting into the current system at all, nor despite all his obvious class Hierro.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 am

Ronaldinho? Is it 2006 again? What did everyone think of Chris Ecclestone leaving Dr. Who?

He's not a Jardel or anything but that's spunking stupid money on a guy who is going to hate his new environs, not going to singlehandedly take them into the top four and not going to hang around.

Actually on second thoughts, yeah! Live the dream fellas!
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011