Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ev

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 01, 2016 3:44 pm

What a bunch of absolute wankers. Kicking off because they're 3rd in the table. They'll be slamming the lids of their wicker hampers shut next. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What a bunch of absolute wankers. Kicking off because they're 3rd in the table. They'll be slamming the lids of their wicker hampers shut next. :roll:
It's relative though isn't it? Wenger hasn't fulfilled their potential.

In previous seasons he's hid behind big spending clubs that Arsenal couldn't live with financially, despite reportedly refusing to spend the hundred or so million he kept sitting on.

Then this season he can't match clubs who have spent less than Arsenal.

End of the day if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be very frustrated because Wenger has held the club back overt the past few years through his stubbornness and inability to realise that there is more to football than assembling a team of technically gifted but physically diminutive midfield players.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm

^^ No Insane

Let's be fair ... you'd "be worried" ... as per usual.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 02, 2016 6:57 am

Held the club back? I'd be quite chuffed to be coming in third ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United who've spanked away millions. That, for me, is relative.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon May 02, 2016 7:18 pm

And at over a grand for some season tickets I'd be a bit pissed off that the only chance of winning any cups would be buying them from the trophy shop along Holloway Road. All that money just laying there. Has to be something dark in one of the corners. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Held the club back? I'd be quite chuffed to be coming in third ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United who've spanked away millions. That, for me, is relative.
A club Arsenal's size being happy with just a top four place every year is poor. They want to be winning the league or at the very least properly challenging. Even in the year when the big spenders all fcuk up, Arsene and Arsenal yet again bottle it.

He built a great and balanced side when he first went there with the likes of Petit and Viera and Lljumberg. Since then he's basically treated it as his own personal football experiment and refused to do some very obvious things. Like make them physically competitive and sign a proper striker.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon May 02, 2016 7:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Held the club back? I'd be quite chuffed to be coming in third ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United who've spanked away millions. That, for me, is relative.
A club Arsenal's size being happy with just a top four place every year is poor. They want to be winning the league or at the very least properly challenging. Even in the year when the big spenders all fcuk up, Arsene and Arsenal yet again bottle it.

He built a great and balanced side when he first went there with the likes of Petit and Viera and Lljumberg. Since then he's basically treated it as his own personal football experiment and refused to do some very obvious things. Like make them physically competitive and sign a proper striker.
I know. Piss funny isn't it?
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I know. Piss funny isn't it?
Very enjoyable indeed!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 02, 2016 7:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Very fair point, but at the end of the day what exactly is the difference between coming 1st and coming fourth other than getting to wiggle your cock between the bars for 12 months? I reckon I'd be more upset about Arsenal doing rubbish in the CL rather than how they got there.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Very fair point, but at the end of the day what exactly is the difference between coming 1st and coming fourth other than getting to wiggle your cock between the bars for 12 months? I reckon I'd be more upset about Arsenal doing rubbish in the CL rather than how they got there.

A major trophy? :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 02, 2016 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not that sure that it means that much to them. They seem to have more of a thing about finishing above Spurs.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm not that sure that it means that much to them. They seem to have more of a thing about finishing above Spurs.

.....which they could still do. With the level of bile coming from some of my Spurs fans at losing the title, to be then overtaken by Arsenal would probably result in parts of N18, N9, N13 and N21 exploding in the matter/ anti-matter collision of schadenfreude.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 03, 2016 9:02 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aye but that's the point. The ones indulging on a Wenger love in are the ones who don't see that they are wasting the chance to win trophies.

The ones calling for his head are the ones who realise that finishing above Spurs every year is no achievement!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
The ones calling for his head are the ones who realise that finishing above Spurs every year is no achievement!
I think your bar might be set a bit high! Spurs are currently second in the prem... 8)

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think your bar might be set a bit high! Spurs are currently second in the prem... 8)
And overtaking them will mean they finish second. Still no silverware.

They did the thing Arsenal do. Start off well, be challenging at Christmas and fall away. I do think that Arse'ole Wenger tried to strengthen his squad before the season but his targets decided to go elsewhere. That is the position Arsenal are in and hopefully ManU will be soon where the best players choose the top sides and they end up with the not quite so good ones.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 03, 2016 9:34 am

It has been reported that several times Arsenal have had the ability to sign good players but Wenger stalled and was indecisive and the chance slipped them by. Gary Cahill perhaps was one of those?

I genuinely think Wenger doesn't want the pressure of spending significant money because then he can't hide behind anything. People will expect trophies.

What I find weird is that when he first arrived he built a fairly cheap side with great players. He had Viera and Petit in midfield. Already had Adams and Wright etc. There was a spine to the side.

He then evolved it with Henry.

But at some point he went down this weird route of some sort of non-descript "philosophy" whereby he seemingly won't add power to his side. He came in to England aware of the type of players needed. And now he seemingly wants to fall into the category of "can they cope on a wet night in Stoke" failures....

Then he says weird stuff like this when asked why he didn't sign Mahrez having said he was aware of him at Le Havre and knew how good he was "“If I sign a player for £400,000 before he plays people will say, ‘What is that, that is not serious for Arsenal’."

I'm really not sure what happened to Wenger he came in as a revelation and seemingly instantly got how to build a successful side for the premiership. But he's just gone so far off track and seemingly done so deliberately and almost to spite those who question him.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: Aye but that's the point. The ones indulging on a Wenger love in are the ones who don't see that they are wasting the chance to win trophies.

Have you much to support that? Only, the Arsenal fans that I've ever known, and granted - it's not that many, seem to have an utter fixation regarding finishing ahead of Spurs above all else.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 03, 2016 10:22 am

Arsenal are only one player away from being almost unbeatable,

a tw*t like Roy Keene type.

Don't think Wenger could handle that type though, Ferguson he ain't.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue May 03, 2016 1:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:But he's just gone so far off track and seemingly done so deliberately and almost to spite those who question him.
Well that's just out and out bollox!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:But he's just gone so far off track and seemingly done so deliberately and almost to spite those who question him.
Well that's just out and out bollox!
I don't know. I think he's so determined to win it his way he's dug himself into a hole and would turn down top players out of stubbornness rather than admit his critics might have a point. Even if it means going longer without the title he'd cut his nose off to spite his face. Some call it principled I think it's an arrogant type of snobbery. Prick!