Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 am

Went to tonight’s Arsenal game against Leeds. Carabou cup and tickets super cheap so we moved away from our usual area and sat more on the half way line. Halfway through the first half my daughter turns around to me and says “I think I’d better sit back in the family enclosure next game, I’ve heard the F word 10 times already!” Secondary school next year could be a shock, bless her! She then enquired of my brother “that man just said ‘ing’ on the end of the F word, is that still swearing too?” 🤔 I mean tbf, the game wasn’t much to write home about, so listening to the crowd and watching Leeds fans causing carnage was probably more entertaining!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:45 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 am
Went to tonight’s Arsenal game against Leeds. Carabou cup and tickets super cheap so we moved away from our usual area and sat more on the half way line. Halfway through the first half my daughter turns around to me and says “I think I’d better sit back in the family enclosure next game, I’ve heard the F word 10 times already!” Secondary school next year could be a shock, bless her! She then enquired of my brother “that man just said ‘ing’ on the end of the F word, is that still swearing too?” 🤔 I mean tbf, the game wasn’t much to write home about, so listening to the crowd and watching Leeds fans causing carnage was probably more entertaining!

Tbf the F word was frequently heard when we sat in the family enclosure for the Guimaraes game at the Emirates. Not least from your daughter repeating what she’d heard from behind us! 😂

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Auba stripped of Arsenal captaincy. Tough but correct call by Arteta. Wasn’t really captain material in the first place imho, just a senior member of the squad and at the time our best player. Not having much luck with our captains after Xhaka too. Hope it lands on Ramsdale or Tierney next, both much better suited for the job!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:35 pm

What's he done? Any rumours?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:37 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:35 pm
In the absence of facts, something unsubstantiated will usually spring up about him barrelling someone else's wife. :grin:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:35 pm
Arrived back a day late from a pre arranged trip to France to collect his mum which meant he couldn’t train that day as he hadn’t done PCR test/got results back. Added to him missing the Spurs game last season due to time keeping issues and I suspect a few other misdemeanours we don’t know about, Arteta had had enough.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:46 pm

Absolute classic Arsenal this afternoon :lol:

Hard done to on a pen in the first half. But then about 5 minutes where Martineli missed an absolute sitter, braindead Xhaka does his usual, Gabriel gets booked for kicking the penalty spot, and then straight after cleans out Gabriel for absolutely no reason and off the goes.

People talk about football clubs having a "culture" and they really have nailed down theirs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:46 pm
Absolute classic Arsenal this afternoon :lol:

Hard done to on a pen in the first half. But then about 5 minutes where Martineli missed an absolute sitter, braindead Xhaka does his usual, Gabriel gets booked for kicking the penalty spot, and then straight after cleans out Gabriel for absolutely no reason and off the goes.

People talk about football clubs having a "culture" and they really have nailed down theirs.
Tad harsh Pru. I for one am really proud of the boys after yesterday. They outplayed City and some very dodgy refereeing decisions apart, should have got at least a draw. Shows how far we have come since losing against them 5-0 at the start of the season. They’re a cracking young team and the inexperience will show at times but I’m very excited for the future.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:16 pm

I think you're right to be hopeful, I've had money on Arsenal for top four for a few weeks, and your best players are young. And you deserved at least a point yesterday.

But it was so Arsenal. You were hard done to on one decision. The Odegaard penalty, and it was massive, to go 2-0 up. But Arsenal fans all over the internet whinging as if the world was against them when, again, they wilted under pressure. Xhaka is a joke. And Gabriel's red was an embarrassment, that's where fingers should be pointed.

Worse decision Atwell made (rather than decision overall) was not giving City's penalty. Absolute stonewall even live. The Ederson/Odegaard one live looked for all the world like he got the ball. Completely understand the ref getting that wrong (though VAR should've fixed it, and it would've changed the game).

But yeah, you have to fix the likes of Xhaka, Aubameyang, Gabriel (yesterday), Lacazette to have any chance. Heads absolutely gone..

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:17 pm

I'd like to know when the faceless, holier-than-thou arsewipes in charge of VAR, and referees for that matter, are going to sit a class of first year physics? If a player tugs your shirt towards them, and you fly horizontally away from them, then you're a cheating c*nt!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 pm

I don't disagree but they have to fix the referring first. Xhaka caught his leg, and pulled his shirt. It's a foul and a penalty, but if he doesn't go down he absolutely doesn't get it. They need to ref properly to give those before I'm going to be too hard on the players. Otherwise Silva gets penalised for being honest.

About 15 years ago Liverpool got one at Sheffield United when Gerrard didn't go down. It's the only one I can ever think of.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:16 pm
I think you're right to be hopeful, I've had money on Arsenal for top four for a few weeks, and your best players are young. And you deserved at least a point yesterday.

But it was so Arsenal. You were hard done to on one decision. The Odegaard penalty, and it was massive, to go 2-0 up. But Arsenal fans all over the internet whinging as if the world was against them when, again, they wilted under pressure. Xhaka is a joke. And Gabriel's red was an embarrassment, that's where fingers should be pointed.

Worse decision Atwell made (rather than decision overall) was not giving City's penalty. Absolute stonewall even live. The Ederson/Odegaard one live looked for all the world like he got the ball. Completely understand the ref getting that wrong (though VAR should've fixed it, and it would've changed the game).

But yeah, you have to fix the likes of Xhaka, Aubameyang, Gabriel (yesterday), Lacazette to have any chance. Heads absolutely gone..
I think the arsenal players felt hard done by because VAR was used in one situation and not the other. Both practically identical penalty calls.

Yes, it was a stupid red for Gabriel, I don’t know what he said to the ref for the first but it was clearly a yellow the second and yes we fell apart for a couple of minutes and that cost us. Xhaka always a liability but Silva made the most of it, I still think we deserved at least a draw from the game though and to be miffed at not getting points against City shows how far we have come. Atwell was hopeless and completely biased. Didn’t book a city player til extra time which was an absolute joke.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:18 pm

I get them feeling hard done to. VAR cocked it up, it was a pen (I can see why the ref didn't give it, but there what VAR is for). But you were still 1-0 and that fragile mentality came through again.

Atwell is pretty terrible and got both pens wrong (one understandably, one not) but I don't think he was biased. You get tough ones sometimes though and the winning teams deal with it. It wasn't the kids that lost their heads, it was the senior players.

Gabriel's first booking was for scuffing the penalty spot before Mahrez took it. Blatant cheating and moronic. Then to do that minutes later...

But yes, still promising signs! Saka and Martinelli are electric, Odegaard and Smith Rowe both excellent and lots of scope to improve. Deserved a point at the very least (and if VAR get it right and you go 2-0, probably all three).

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:18 pm
I get them feeling hard done to. VAR cocked it up, it was a pen (I can see why the ref didn't give it, but there what VAR is for). But you were still 1-0 and that fragile mentality came through again.

Atwell is pretty terrible and got both pens wrong (one understandably, one not) but I don't think he was biased. You get tough ones sometimes though and the winning teams deal with it. It wasn't the kids that lost their heads, it was the senior players.

Gabriel's first booking was for scuffing the penalty spot before Mahrez took it. Blatant cheating and moronic. Then to do that minutes later...

But yes, still promising signs! Saka and Martinelli are electric, Odegaard and Smith Rowe both excellent and lots of scope to improve. Deserved a point at the very least (and if VAR get it right and you go 2-0, probably all three).

No, it wasn’t, it was a comment to the referee about the penalty decision according to assistant manager Albert Stuivenberg who was in charge against City. Anyway, regardless, I’ve seen people sent off for less and he should have held it together but he’s a fairly young lad too. Xhaka has always been a liability but given how few older players we have making the team at the moment he adds some experience in midfield. Be interesting to see if Auba gets back in the team after AFCON.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:46 pm

Then he got lucky, because he should've been booked for that too!

Thought he was older than 24 tbf.

Cut your losses with Aubameyang. Not not not the answer. Everything wrong with recent Arsenal.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:12 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:46 pm
Then he got lucky, because he should've been booked for that too!

Thought he was older than 24 tbf.

Cut your losses with Aubameyang. Not not not the answer. Everything wrong with recent Arsenal.
I’m still torn on him, hoping he might be able to rediscover some form. We need an out and out goalscorer, it’s nice we are scoring from midfield but Laca and Martinelli (who are both putting in very good performances at the moment in other ways tbf) are nowhere near the likes of Smith Rowe and Saka in the goal scoring charts when really they should be above them. Pepe appears to have been frozen out too by Arteta. Going to watch against Liverpool in the league cup semi Thursday night, I expect the team will be rotated somewhat but be interesting to see how strong a team, or not, he puts out, given it’s probably our best chance of winning something this year.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:06 pm

Blooming Covid. Not sure how Liverpool got away with the postponement request for the league cup semi final Thursday given they always play a weaker team out of choice anyway, but I was going to that and now it’s had a knock on effect for the league game end of month that I was also going to. Thankfully I can make still both but I do feel for fans who have made travel arrangements from far away to get to matches. I know Bolton have been worse hit that way then Arsenal, and maybe it’s better then just cancelling the season completely but not sure if it carries on when all these league games will end up being played.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:46 pm

I see that knife crime's just ground to a halt because Arsenal are playing in white with white numbers on their backs. Who knew that's all it needed?! 🤔
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:46 pm
I see that knife crime's just ground to a halt because Arsenal are playing in white with white numbers on their backs. Who knew that's all it needed?! 🤔
Nearly as ridiculous as Arsenals performance yesterday! :evil: Look like Spurs, play like Spurs.

As for the shirts, surely selling them at vast expense and give ALL the profit to charities that can work on the front line to help prevent knife crime would have been a better idea? :conf:

And don’t get me started on how Klopp is now saying that all of Liverpool’s positive Covid tests, bar one, which led them to request Thursdays game against us postponed were actually ‘false positives’?!

Rant over now.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:10 pm

Classic Granit :lol: