Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ev

Post by clapton is god » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Thats a Richmond sausage he's holding there.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:32 pm

clapton is god wrote:Thats a Richmond sausage he's holding there.
it is a bit of a sausage finger... I think we should call him Jack sausage-finger from now on...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Arsenal's game with Chelsea in 8 days time suddenly looks very important now especially after the collapse at Citeh today, If Arsenal were to win against Chelsea then I think people might have to start taking them seriously but lose and it could be another "it all fell apart at Christmas" seasons.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:That's a massive finger.....bet his Mrs is overjoyed.....
Nah. He's left handed. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:55 pm

clapton is god wrote:Thats a Richmond sausage he's holding there.
That repetitive strain injury from all the table tennis obviously never went away!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:39 pm

I see Ozil doesn't think much of the Arsenal fans.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:54 pm

seanworth wrote:I see Ozil doesn't think much of the Arsenal fans.
what's Ozil done/said?

ahhh - i see - he didn't go over and give the fans one of those half-hearted sideways claps that the fans love so much... :roll:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Arse draw Bayern.

So that's another trophy gone for this season.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Am I the only person in the world who does not understand all the hype over Wilshire, good yes, world class never, Ramsey on the other hand..
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Always thought Ramsey was better than Wilshire, lets put it this way would Wilshire get in the Citeh team let alone the Bayern team.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Always thought Ramsey was better than Wilshire, lets put it this way would Wilshire get in the Citeh team let alone the Bayern team.
Yes, I'd wager he would.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Seriously so you would play him instead of Yaya Toure or Scweinstiegger? I don't know what your smoking but I want some if it makes Jack Wilshere look like the best holding midfielder in the world. Ill remind you of this statement when England and t5here inspirational Jack get knocked out of the world cup group stages.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:50 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Seriously so you would play him instead of Yaya Toure or Scweinstiegger? I don't know what your smoking but I want some if it makes Jack Wilshere look like the best holding midfielder in the world. Ill remind you of this statement when England and t5here inspirational Jack get knocked out of the world cup group stages.
Since when did City and Bayern start playing one player in midfield :conf:

Regarding your world cup statement, that must mean that Yaya Toure will be shite when Ivory Coast don't win the world cup either.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:09 pm

On the other hand, Dan. Would Toure get in the England team? No. Would JW get in the England team? Course he would. End of argument. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Well both normally play a diamond in midfield, so Would he get in instead of Silva or Gotze? If Y.Toure was English he would walk into the England team he was probably City's best player last season.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Seriously so you would play him instead of Yaya Toure or Scweinstiegger? I don't know what your smoking but I want some if it makes Jack Wilshere look like the best holding midfielder in the world. Ill remind you of this statement when England and t5here inspirational Jack get knocked out of the world cup group stages.
He'd get in ahead of Milner 100% and he's as good as Nasri at least. (Don't rate Toure that highly as he goes missing away from home)

As for Bayern, I'd have him ahead of Kroos
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:24 pm

IMO he'd start more often than not for Citeh. But not for Bayern
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 pm

seanworth wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Sleeve gate.......what's your take on it GG?
A tricky one as its a long standing tradition at Arsenal that the captain chooses long or short sleeves yet Flamini is a grown man and if he feels he plays better in short sleeves...

I think, whilst he may not be happy about it, he needs to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in ;) literally. Would be more of a problem if he wanted to wear long when everyone else was wearing short. Cutting them off is a bit OTT. Wengers not impressed!
It's ridiculous at that at that level of the sport, when you consider how much they put into getting the most marginal improvements in a players performance, then get arsey when one of them wants to wear short sleeves. It's a stupid tradition anyway.
We also have a tradition that we always wash the goalies shirt before it's worn too. I quite like that the club have many funny little traditions tbh. :oops:
Did that start after Seaman?
Goes back to a time we lost to Cardiff. GtE and Bobo will probably remember it well... 1927 in the cup final and a ball slipped under goalie Dan Lewis' shirt. He claimed it was because the shirt was greasy and ever since they have always washed the goalkeepers shirts. Should have washed Szczesny's a few more times before last weekends game really...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Athers wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
We also have a tradition that we always wash the goalies shirt before it's worn too. I quite like that the club have many funny little traditions tbh. :oops:
When I went on a tour of the Emirates they said the keeper always sits closest to the dressing room door, but Jens Lehmann used to complain the bell was too loud so they moved the bell rather than the seating arrangement.

Also that they had traditional wooden benches round the dressing room, but when players complained they made their arses sore they had to install some padding.

There was also something about the shape of the room being non-square and the away dressing room being square, for some psychological reason.
When I went on the tour they said that the table in the middle of the dressing room is slightly taller in the away one so if people want to see each other over the top of it they have to stand up whereas in the home one they can see each other sitting down...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Athers wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
When I went on a tour of the Emirates they said the keeper always sits closest to the dressing room door, but Jens Lehmann used to complain the bell was too loud so they moved the bell rather than the seating arrangement.

Also that they had traditional wooden benches round the dressing room, but when players complained they made their arses sore they had to install some padding.

There was also something about the shape of the room being non-square and the away dressing room being square, for some psychological reason.
When I went on the tour they said that the table in the middle of the dressing room is slightly taller in the away one so if people want to see each other over the top of it they have to stand up whereas in the home one they can see each other sitting down...
Y'see, in the old Crazy-Gang Wimbledon days they'd have broken the legs off and put them on the table top, on the floor.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".