Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure White is the problem :lol:

Absolutely classic. They just never go and get what they obviously need. That is such a bang average side.
The point is for 50M he wasn’t the answer. Exactly the same as the shower of soft shite they already had. Only about 48M pounds too much.
It's ridiculous. Why spunk £50M on a player who does a good man-to-man job and then tell him to go and mark a patch of grass? I was listening to Alan Shearer earlier, and what he came out with wasn't ground-breaking. Chelsea play with wing backs; why would you not set your side up to deal with them? Unless you're astoundingly arrogant and consider yourself a better side? Not having a go, GG, but WTF is going on there?
Goodness knows. Plenty of unhappy Arsenal fans losing faith in Arteta. His team selections and tactics at times are baffling. 9 players out with Covid at the moment I believe it is but tbh I wouldn’t have expected us to get close to Chelsea with a full squad. We are so out of touch. New signings I will reserve judgement on but not expecting them to be top quality, set the world alight type players. Though, even if we could afford the big name signings of City, Chelsea etc you’d have to ask why they would want to come to Arsenal these days. Man City away in the league next and I fully expect us to be stuck in bottom position after 3 games played. Going to be a very long season and I’m not sure what the answers are. Bloody Spurs keep winning too! 😤
Nah not having its all down to money. You’ve spent over £130M on fees this summer. That’s more than just about anyone isn’t it? It’s a crazy amount of money. It would buy a club like Bolton 4 or 5 times over in its entirety. One summers spending.
Where did I say it was all down to money? :conf: The fact we can’t offer the massive wages that some teams do may be a small part of us not attracting star players but I didn’t say it was down to a lack of spending. I asked why big players would currently want to come to us. Clearly on the slide, no European football etc. We aren’t an attractive proposition right now.

Pretty sure Grealish cost City £100 million though and they’re still sniffing around for Kane. You can say we have spent big - and we have spent out a lot on overpriced english lads but we genuinely can’t (or rather Kroenke won’t) pay out that sort of money on one player, even if they wanted to come to us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure White is the problem :lol:

Absolutely classic. They just never go and get what they obviously need. That is such a bang average side.
The point is for 50M he wasn’t the answer. Exactly the same as the shower of soft shite they already had. Only about 48M pounds too much.
It's ridiculous. Why spunk £50M on a player who does a good man-to-man job and then tell him to go and mark a patch of grass? I was listening to Alan Shearer earlier, and what he came out with wasn't ground-breaking. Chelsea play with wing backs; why would you not set your side up to deal with them? Unless you're astoundingly arrogant and consider yourself a better side? Not having a go, GG, but WTF is going on there?
Goodness knows. Plenty of unhappy Arsenal fans losing faith in Arteta. His team selections and tactics at times are baffling. 9 players out with Covid at the moment I believe it is but tbh I wouldn’t have expected us to get close to Chelsea with a full squad. We are so out of touch. New signings I will reserve judgement on but not expecting them to be top quality, set the world alight type players. Though, even if we could afford the big name signings of City, Chelsea etc you’d have to ask why they would want to come to Arsenal these days. Man City away in the league next and I fully expect us to be stuck in bottom position after 3 games played. Going to be a very long season and I’m not sure what the answers are. Bloody Spurs keep winning too! 😤
Nah not having its all down to money. You’ve spent over £130M on fees this summer. That’s more than just about anyone isn’t it? It’s a crazy amount of money. It would buy a club like Bolton 4 or 5 times over in its entirety. One summers spending.
Where did I say it was all down to money? :conf: The fact we can’t offer the massive wages that some teams do may be a small part of us not attracting star players but I didn’t say it was down to a lack of spending. I asked why big players would currently want to come to us. Clearly on the slide, no European football etc. We aren’t an attractive proposition right now.

Pretty sure Grealish cost City £100 million though and they’re still sniffing around for Kane. You can say we have spent big - and we have spent out a lot on overpriced english lads but we genuinely can’t (or rather Kroenke won’t) pay out that sort of money on one player, even if they wanted to come to us.
Liverpool are competing yet financially probably compete less than you do. Comes down to those running the club and the awful managers you’ve had doesn’t it? And that includes Wenger for his last 5 or 6 years too.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:10 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Liverpool are competing yet financially probably compete less than you do. Comes down to those running the club and the awful managers you’ve had doesn’t it? And that includes Wenger for his last 5 or 6 years too.
4 trophies in the last 7 years. I enjoyed all of those FA cup triumphs and I’m sure a lot of clubs, Bolton and Tottenham included, would be envious of that success. I certainly don’t think Wenger was an ‘awful manager’ for the last 5/6 years of his Arsenal career. That’s ridiculously harsh and unfair.

Yes, we are struggling to compete at the moment - and it’s fair to say Liverpool didn’t last year either, and yes, a good bit of that is down to the management/owner and it’s frustrating as a fan but we don’t have a god given right to win everything in sight. All clubs go through ups and downs and I’m disappointed and frustrated as most fans would be but I’m not entirely sure what you are getting at. We are crap right now, I’m not trying to say that we aren’t. You think we are crap too. We agree on that at least. Not sure there’s any quick fix solution, especially as the owners refuse to sell on. Should Arteta go? I’d give it another month or two and then see where we are at.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 pm
Should Arteta go?
You'll have BSA incoming. He only lives round the corner. I'll nip round to see if he's digging out his pearly king outfit ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Should Arteta go?
You'll have BSA incoming. He only lives round the corner. I'll nip round to see if he's digging out his pearly king outfit ;)
Things aren’t that bad yet! :D

Anyway, 6-0 win tonight. West Brom kindly gave our first team a chance by pretty much playing their youth team but a wins a win. Can only beat what’s there and we haven't done that much this season so I will take that with a happy heart and hope that it’s opened the floodgate of Auba goals once more. Few cheerful days til we get stuffed against City on Saturday anyway.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Should Arteta go?

Anyway, 6-0 win tonight. West Brom kindly gave our first team a chance by pretty much playing their youth team but a wins a win. Can only beat what’s there and we haven't done that much this season so I will take that with a happy heart and hope that it’s opened the floodgate of Auba goals once more. Few cheerful days til we get stuffed against City on Saturday anyway.
You can have a parade with an open top bus once Wigan have finished with it 🙂
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Should Arteta go?

Chatting with a Wigan supporting colleague this morning (the only one i’ve ever known!), casually dropping in ‘See you at the UniBol next month, mate?’ The reply came back, ‘I was going to, but the Mrs has booked the kids birthday parties 1-3pm on that day’. Aye. Course she has!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Should Arteta go?

Ahhh, thanks, might celebrate only conceding 5 against City this coming Saturday whilst we are at it! :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am

On the subject of City, i do hope this story about them signing Ronaldo is true. It won't half upset a few at Utd and leave Daniel Levy and Harry Kane sweating too.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am
On the subject of City, i do hope this story about them signing Ronaldo is true. It won't half upset a few at Utd and leave Daniel Levy and Harry Kane sweating too.
Thought Kane had said he’s staying at Spurs!?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:58 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
leave Daniel Levy and Harry Kane sweating too.
Blimey. It gets worse. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thought Kane had said he’s staying at Spurs!?
He has. For now. He's out of contract soon so Levy either drops his price or risks him leaving for nothing.

Man City wont be taking him though if they sign Ronaldo, leaving Kane to go abroad, Chelsea or possibly Man U.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:21 pm

He's still got 2.5 years I think. I think he'll stay at Spurs for life now. He's 28 and would cost too much for anyone else. New massive contract and draw a line under it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:21 pm
He's still got 2.5 years I think. I think he'll stay at Spurs for life now. He's 28 and would cost too much for anyone else. New massive contract and draw a line under it.
Depends if he has any ambition to win trophies or not!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Two down and a man down. Looks a tough 55 minutes from here.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 pm

What a football club :lol:

Never has a football epitomised a club more than Granit Xhaka. Some said Arsenal were mad to give him a new contract in the summer, especially with Roma sniffing. But Granit Xhaka *is* Arsenal.
Last edited by Prufrock on Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Spent more than any other team in the window by some margin yet you look at this and have to ask would any Arsenal fan hand on heart not take 10th place at the end of the season if offered? The transition to average run of the mill mid table premiership side is complete. West Ham, West Brom of the 2000’s is what Arsenal are now. Can’t even say they are Big Sam Bolton level circa 2005. Not close to it.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm
Spent more than any other team in the window by some margin yet you look at this and have to ask would any Arsenal fan hand on heart not take 10th place at the end of the season if offered? The transition to average run of the mill mid table premiership side is complete. West Ham, West Brom of the 2000’s is what Arsenal are now. Can’t even say they are Big Sam Bolton level circa 2005. Not close to it.
None of which are playing today so I don’t think you can blame them. Two of the toughest games in our first 3 matches was always going to mean a low points score at this point in the season. Worrying times for sure but let’s see how things are after a few months. I can’t see any of our defence other then Tierney making the first team when White, Gabriel and Bellerin are back from injury. Why we gave Xhaka another contract though I don’t know. Seems to save his form for the national team.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:40 pm

You were beat by Brentford....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:32 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm
None of which are playing today so I don’t think you can blame them. Two of the toughest games in our first 3 matches was always going to mean a low points score at this point in the season. Worrying times for sure but let’s see how things are after a few months. I can’t see any of our defence other then Tierney making the first team when White, Gabriel and Bellerin are back from injury. Why we gave Xhaka another contract though I don’t know. Seems to save his form for the national team.
Odegaard is playing. Lokonga can’t get in. So I’d say it does reflect on summer spending. You have spent a decade ignoring your issues as a club and now you’ve not got enough quality where it matters. I feel sorry for Arsenal fans really the club has been run really badly. You ought to be competing with Chelsea and City and United but honestly you are closer to going down than that. It’s a shame for the fans. I honestly think it’s scandalous how a club like Arsenal has been run down to this point.