Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:18 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:52 pm
Moved up to the dizzy heights of 9th today. I do think Arteta is going to be the man for the job. I wasn’t sure at first but I think we’ve got a good one. Off to watch my first game with him on the bench Thursday. :D

Do you think you'll get on? :wink:
Pretty sure Mikel would value my extensive wisdom and footballing know how next to him in the dug out. I mean, look at my super 6 scores 😎

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:18 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:52 pm
Moved up to the dizzy heights of 9th today. I do think Arteta is going to be the man for the job. I wasn’t sure at first but I think we’ve got a good one. Off to watch my first game with him on the bench Thursday. :D

Do you think you'll get on? :wink:
Pretty sure Mikel would value my extensive wisdom and footballing know how next to him in the dug out. I mean, look at my super 6 scores 😎
HG to pipe up in 3.....2.....1 :oops:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Leno. Lol.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:05 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Leno. Lol.
:evil: Still in London after missing the 11.25 train home. Possibly the most depressing match I’ve seen live since Jason Roberts knocked us out of the league cup semi final back in 2006 on away goals in injury time of extra time (despite us winning 2-1 on the night).

We were woeful. Mustafi was probably the best Arsenal player on the pitch which says it all. They were also shocking but we can’t have any complaints. Didn’t deserve to win. Lacazette wanting to leave for CL football next season? I can’t see any CL team wanting him on tonight’s performance. Ozil had another shocker too. I still think Arteta is the right man for the job but his substitutions were pretty iffy tonight. Very depressed gooner here. 😢

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 am

You sure you're not from Bolton?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 am
You sure you're not from Bolton?
Think my accent needs work.

Anyway, wasn’t enough for the men’s team to equalise in a cup tie in the last 10 minutes only to lose 2-1 but the women managed to today too. 😫 League cup final. Still, put on a much better performance then the men Thursday (not hard).

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 am

Rob Holding just signed a new contract for us. Happy days. I like him as a player and he’s got a great attitude. Him, Tierney and Saka are probably the only 3 performed consistently well over the course of the season for us so far.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 pm

On This Day in History 1994 :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 pm
On This Day in History 1994 :)

Marvellous times :D I'd moved to that there London a few months earlier and was a most irritating shit to an Arsenal supporting colleague for at least a week after that :lol:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:10 pm

That was the year before I started going to Highbury regularly. I remember it though. You had some good players in those days. McGinlay, Mcateer, Stubbs etc. Used to often beat us. Bit of a bogey team at one point iirc.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:22 pm

Happy gooner tonight! Not a lot pleases me more then winning against that rabble!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Don’t much like VAR.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:37 pm

Read summat about us being due some cash if Th'Arse sell Rob Holding with Newcastle sniffing round.

Firstly - I should think we are.
Secondly - Have they gone fecking mad down there?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:37 pm
Read summat about us being due some cash if Th'Arse sell Rob Holding with Newcastle sniffing round.

Firstly - I should think we are.
Secondly - Have they gone fecking mad down there?
Talking about this earlier. Think that sell on clause was bought out? Don’t think he will be leaving this window. Maybe January if he can’t get a place now Ben Whites joined.

And secondly, yes, it’s utterly ridiculous at the moment at Arsenal and to make things more ‘fun’ Amazon prime are recording the carnage that this season will be. You can all watch it and laugh at us for seasons to come! :cry:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:41 pm

Apparently dickhead Ken sold the appearances clauses, but not the sell on.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure White is the problem :lol:

Absolutely classic. They just never go and get what they obviously need. That is such a bang average side.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Absolutely classic. They just never go and get what they obviously need. That is such a bang average side.
The point is for 50M he wasn’t the answer. Exactly the same as the shower of soft shite they already had. Only about 48M pounds too much.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm
Prufrock wrote:

The point is for 50M he wasn’t the answer. Exactly the same as the shower of soft shite they already had. Only about 48M pounds too much.
It's ridiculous. Why spunk £50M on a player who does a good man-to-man job and then tell him to go and mark a patch of grass? I was listening to Alan Shearer earlier, and what he came out with wasn't ground-breaking. Chelsea play with wing backs; why would you not set your side up to deal with them? Unless you're astoundingly arrogant and consider yourself a better side? Not having a go, GG, but WTF is going on there?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

It's ridiculous. Why spunk £50M on a player who does a good man-to-man job and then tell him to go and mark a patch of grass? I was listening to Alan Shearer earlier, and what he came out with wasn't ground-breaking. Chelsea play with wing backs; why would you not set your side up to deal with them? Unless you're astoundingly arrogant and consider yourself a better side? Not having a go, GG, but WTF is going on there?
Goodness knows. Plenty of unhappy Arsenal fans losing faith in Arteta. His team selections and tactics at times are baffling. 9 players out with Covid at the moment I believe it is but tbh I wouldn’t have expected us to get close to Chelsea with a full squad. We are so out of touch. New signings I will reserve judgement on but not expecting them to be top quality, set the world alight type players. Though, even if we could afford the big name signings of City, Chelsea etc you’d have to ask why they would want to come to Arsenal these days. Man City away in the league next and I fully expect us to be stuck in bottom position after 3 games played. Going to be a very long season and I’m not sure what the answers are. Bloody Spurs keep winning too! 😤

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Goodness knows. Plenty of unhappy Arsenal fans losing faith in Arteta. His team selections and tactics at times are baffling. 9 players out with Covid at the moment I believe it is but tbh I wouldn’t have expected us to get close to Chelsea with a full squad. We are so out of touch. New signings I will reserve judgement on but not expecting them to be top quality, set the world alight type players. Though, even if we could afford the big name signings of City, Chelsea etc you’d have to ask why they would want to come to Arsenal these days. Man City away in the league next and I fully expect us to be stuck in bottom position after 3 games played. Going to be a very long season and I’m not sure what the answers are. Bloody Spurs keep winning too! 😤
Nah not having its all down to money. You’ve spent over £130M on fees this summer. That’s more than just about anyone isn’t it? It’s a crazy amount of money. It would buy a club like Bolton 4 or 5 times over in its entirety. One summers spending.