Page 161 of 163

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Enoch wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Great to see our boy making a start for Arsenal tonight.
Is it fair to say he looks rusty!

They all do!

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Great to see our boy making a start for Arsenal tonight.
Is it fair to say he looks rusty!

They all do!
Leeds' problem is that they don't have anyone who can finish with his first touch. If they had then they'd be 3-1 up.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:27 pm
by Harry Genshaw
It's easy to see why Bamford couldn't cut it in the Prem. Good footballer and striker but chooses the wrong option too often.

Curly haired bloke for Arsenal is a tricky chap isn't he? Gwendoozy?

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
by Harry Genshaw
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D

You make a very valid point HG. If she plays her cards right, she’ll be in with a chance of being the next Mrs BP. Lucky girl! 😉

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D
Surely the only reason she gets the gig?! ;)

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:44 pm
by Harry Genshaw
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D

You make a very valid point HG. If she plays her cards right, she’ll be in with a chance of being the next Mrs BP. Lucky girl! 😉
:lol: does the current Mrs BP know that the transfer window is open?!

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:55 pm
by Prufrock
Speaking of young centre backs with a Bolton connection, young Nathan Phillips did well after a shaky start for Liverpool the other night.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 pm
by Enoch
I never watch footie on Tele, only stuck it on to get a look.at the boy but Holding looked every bit the player coming back from a long layoff.

...and what's wrong with Keown? He's a good looking fella!

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:08 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D

You make a very valid point HG. If she plays her cards right, she’ll be in with a chance of being the next Mrs BP. Lucky girl! 😉
:lol: does the current Mrs BP know that the transfer window is open?!

Nothing wrong with introducing competition to prevent complacency setting in. 😉

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 am
by Gooner Girl
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D
Surely the only reason she gets the gig?! ;)
So the fact she’s won more trophies in her brief career then Bolton have in their entire existence means nothing because she’s a woman, and therefore her achievements are meaningless and really she’s just a bit of eye candy for you lot to perve over. :roll:

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:06 am
by Bruce Rioja
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D
Surely the only reason she gets the gig?! ;)
So the fact she’s won more trophies in her brief career then Bolton have in their entire existence means nothing because she’s a woman, and therefore her achievements are meaningless and really she’s just a bit of eye candy for you lot to perve over. :roll:
I've won more medals for running than she has for football. Hardly makes me Mo Farrah, does it? Ultimately the issue is credibility.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:20 am
by Gooner Girl
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:06 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Oh, and Alex Scott's "glittering career"? Please, BBC. 4uck off with this shite!

To be fair - she's a lot easier on the eye than Martin Keown! :D
Surely the only reason she gets the gig?! ;)
So the fact she’s won more trophies in her brief career then Bolton have in their entire existence means nothing because she’s a woman, and therefore her achievements are meaningless and really she’s just a bit of eye candy for you lot to perve over. :roll:
I've won more medals for running than she has for football. Hardly makes me Mo Farrah, does it? Ultimately the issue is credibility.

I’d say 5 Premiership medals, 7 FA cups winners medals and a champions league medal amongst others may top your ‘North west fun run league participant V50’ medals, numerous though they may be, and probably gives her enough credibility to speak more knowledgably about football then most. I could understand if she was bad at her job but she isn’t. She knows her stuff and is a good pundit. :conf:

Why do men have to constantly belittle women in football and always bring it down to how they look? Do they just feel threatened in some way that a female may know more and play and understand the game better then them?

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:02 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:20 am


I’d say 5 Premiership medals, 7 FA cups winners medals and a champions league medal amongst others may top your ‘North west fun run league participant V50’ medals, numerous though they may be, and probably gives her enough credibility to speak more knowledgably about football then most. I could understand if she was bad at her job but she isn’t. She knows her stuff and is a good pundit. :conf:

Why do men have to constantly belittle women in football and always bring it down to how they look? Do they just feel threatened in some way that a female may know more and play and understand the game better then them?
You're making the mistake of thinking that I have a problem with her because of her gender, which isn't the case. I find her to be a stater of the bleedin' obvious who talks to the audience as if they don't know anything about the game. I have the same problem with Chris Sutton, Kevin Kilbane and various others.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:21 pm
by Gooner Girl
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:02 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:20 am


I’d say 5 Premiership medals, 7 FA cups winners medals and a champions league medal amongst others may top your ‘North west fun run league participant V50’ medals, numerous though they may be, and probably gives her enough credibility to speak more knowledgably about football then most. I could understand if she was bad at her job but she isn’t. She knows her stuff and is a good pundit. :conf:

Why do men have to constantly belittle women in football and always bring it down to how they look? Do they just feel threatened in some way that a female may know more and play and understand the game better then them?
You're making the mistake of thinking that I have a problem with her because of her gender, which isn't the case. I find her to be a stater of the bleedin' obvious who talks to the audience as if they don't know anything about the game. I have the same problem with Chris Sutton, Kevin Kilbane and various others.
Fair enough, easy mistake to make after you appearing to dismiss her because of her (to you) meaningless achievements and saying she only presents because she is pretty.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:35 pm
by Harry Genshaw
As a journo, I've no issue with her. Like the Scouse lass on SSN, she talks well about the game and is a good pundit imo.

However, she hasn't got the gig because shes a good pundit (at least not at first). She got it because of 'a glittering career'. That career was in the womens game. It makes her no more of an expert in the mens game, & possibly less so, than millions of men who have played the game at amateur level.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:29 pm
by Enoch
I'd never heard of the fella before last night but I thought the lad Guendouzi looked the part.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:35 pm
by Prufrock
Hmm. Playing ability doesn't often seem to correlate to punditry skills. Getting "big names" seems to be the approach but I haven't a clue why. For every Neville or Carragher there are 10 Suttons or Hoddles (old Gleneth regularly gets the names of the fecking England players wrong, never mind the opposition, and I saw Sutton recently on QoS where he took three guesses to name Michael Antonio from a photo quite clearly of Michael Antonio - two other black footballers, then bingo). Robbie Fowler on 5 Live asked why Liverpool hadn't been able to break a team down in a 0-0 "erm...I don't know, mate".

Don't know why they don't get journos or other experts who have some expertise, insight and have at least done the reading.

All that said, Alex Scott is confortably one of the better pundits IMO, probably partly because she isn't already a millionaire and so a) played for a real love of the game and so is an obsessed fan and b) is motivated to be good at it. So she does the work. And also speaks sense and understands the tactical side of things which plenty of the ex pros don't.

She is dishy too, mind.

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:36 pm
by Prufrock
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:29 pm
I'd never heard of the fella before last night but I thought the lad Guendouzi looked the part.
He's a good player but he's a hateful, hateful, odious cheating little c*nt.