meggo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: meggo

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 am

Seems our old friend is having ANOTHER pop, (yawn) what a tumbling tumbling dickweed this fukker is! when is he gonna change the record and get a life? itd be really great if someone high up in a popular football publication could somehow print a counter attack on our behalf...?
All this rankles with the proud Megson and as he begins another salvage job at his beloved Sheffield Wednesday - “a miles bigger club than Bolton” - he is keen to put the record straight.

“It sticks in my craw, the stick I took,” he said. “I’m the only English manager to go to Red Star Belgrade and win - and we did it with the reserve team.

“I must be the only man in history who got slagged off on the radio for winning 4-1 at Sunderland.

“It’s difficult to stomach, because people don’t realise how much trouble that club was in. I got there and the staff were fighting among themselves, there were two different camps of players. All that had to be brought together.

“It was public knowledge that they were £96million in debt, so imagine what would have happened if that club had gone down.

“The average age when I was there was 32. I leave after two years and the average age is 26. Out of the squad I took over, we got rid of 34 players and only two went to Premier League clubs, which would suggest that 32 of them were not up to the job.

“When Sammy Lee left Bolton, they asked Abdou Meite what could be done and he said something like, there’s only Sam Allardyce or Jesus Christ who can save Bolton from getting relegated. I’m neither, but we still did it.

“Not only did we keep them up, we took them to mid-table, we lowered the wage bill, we lowered the running costs massively, saving them millions. In total the net spend was £9m.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sh ... 01351.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 am

the lingering fart has returned, after he has f*cked it up at wednesday though he will concentrate on them

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:45 am

Hopefully when he f*cks up that miles bigger club, the football world will realise what a Grade A nice person he is.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 am

Bolton fans, in their haste to hail current manager Owen Coyle as the Messiah, conveniently overlook the fact that his success has been built on the solid foundations laid by Megson
This sentence really boiled my piss.

You can't have it both ways, if we have to acknowledge that, then he also has to acknowledge that the previous 4 seasons to his arrival had ended with us in 8th, 6th, 8th, 7th. Then we finished 16th and 13th with him playing the worst football anyone has ever played. Ever.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Bolton fans, in their haste to hail current manager Owen Coyle as the Messiah, conveniently overlook the fact that his success has been built on the solid foundations laid by Megson

You can't have it both ways, if we have to acknowledge that, then he also has to acknowledge that the previous 4 seasons to his arrival had ended with us in 8th, 6th, 8th, 7th. Then we finished 16th and 13th with him playing the worst football anyone has ever played. Ever.
Hasn't the general consensus been that Coyle is acheiving what he's doing with Megson's players? Which shows that Coyle rescued these players from an eternity of creative redundancy.

I wouldn't call them solid foundations. More that Megson built the house, but refused to give it features like windows or a door. Then slagged punters off for not demanding it go on Grand Designs.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 pm

great tweet from Super John:
JohnMcGinlay10 John McGinlay
The "Great Ginger One" Opens his big mouth again ! Probably should concentrate on his "Bigger Club " Keep the gardening Gloves handy

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:44 pm

ebby wrote:great tweet from Super John:
The "Great Ginger One" Opens his big mouth again ! Probably should concentrate on his "Bigger Club " Keep the gardening Gloves handy
:pray:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

sammy lee was in the middle of all that. it went 8 , 6 , 8 , 7 , sammy lee , 16 , 13 . makes you wonder what lee did or sammy allardyce did or didnt do.

but whatever. he'll have to do similar at hillsbrough.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 pm

ebby wrote:great tweet from Super John:
Fantastic response Super John.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Pretty funny.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Megson was a short term solution which worked. Unfortunately as with all short-term solutions, they can manifest into long-term problems.

I have no beef with the man, but he should really shut up and concentrate on his current job. If he keeps mouthing off at the rate he is then he will alienate the Sheffield Wednesday fans quicker than ours.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Verbal wrote:Megson was a short term solution which worked. Unfortunately as with all short-term solutions, they can manifest into long-term problems.

I have no beef with the man, but he should really shut up and concentrate on his current job. If he keeps mouthing off at the rate he is then he will alienate the Sheffield Wednesday fans quicker than ours.
My feelings too (especially since I didn't have to watch the type of football he dished up). I was grateful he kept us up and delighted with the Belgrade result. Now, however, I am becoming increasingly annoyed with the man and his obsessions with the past. Most of us would wish to earn his gardening leave salary in ten or twenty years. Using the epithet that she who shall not be named applied to me, he is a stupid plonker.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

I had heard that when managing Bolton during half time he bitched more about the fans slagging him off than what needed to be done in the 2nd half. Kind of blew those comments off at the time, but now think that maybe they were true. Really needs to get over us, being such a small club and all.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Just to reiterate how massively f*cking huge and completely out of our league that huge massive (related to Citeh?) club that he now manages are, heres the all time league table demonstarting just what a set of knobs we are.

http://www.worldfootball.net/ewige_tabe ... er-league/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly we have ideas well above our station, whereas Wednesday are looking to regain their status as a Champions League Club™.

Bell.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Bolton fans may have tried to airbrush him out of their history, but Gary Megson hasn’t forgotten.

He hasn’t forgotten the stick he took at the Trotters, from the night he was appointed in October 2007 and a “scruffy git” told him he wasn’t wanted to the day two years later when he was finally hounded out.

Neither has he forgotten the lack of recognition he got for saving Bolton from oblivion, or for being the only Bolton boss to beat Manchester United at the Reebok, or for making history by guiding them to the last 16 of the old UEFA Cup.

Bolton fans, in their haste to hail current manager Owen Coyle as the Messiah, conveniently overlook the fact that his success has been built on the solid foundations laid by Megson.

All this rankles with the proud Megson and as he begins another salvage job at his beloved Sheffield Wednesday - “a miles bigger club than Bolton” - he is keen to put the record straight.

“It sticks in my craw, the stick I took,” he said. “I’m the only English manager to go to Red Star Belgrade and win - and we did it with the reserve team.

“I must be the only man in history who got slagged off on the radio for winning 4-1 at Sunderland.

“It’s difficult to stomach, because people don’t realise how much trouble that club was in. I got there and the staff were fighting among themselves, there were two different camps of players. All that had to be brought together.

“It was public knowledge that they were £96million in debt, so imagine what would have happened if that club had gone down.

“The average age when I was there was 32. I leave after two years and the average age is 26. Out of the squad I took over, we got rid of 34 players and only two went to Premier League clubs, which would suggest that 32 of them were not up to the job.

“When Sammy Lee left Bolton, they asked Abdou Meite what could be done and he said something like, there’s only Sam Allardyce or Jesus Christ who can save Bolton from getting relegated. I’m neither, but we still did it.

“Not only did we keep them up, we took them to mid-table, we lowered the wage bill, we lowered the running costs massively, saving them millions. In total the net spend was £9m.

“I’m incredibly pleased that everything I did was justified.”

Having been appointed by Wednesday earlier this month following the end of his one-year exile on gardening leave, Megson is under no illusions about the size of the job facing him at his and his dad Don’s former club.

With the Owls 10 points off the play-offs, five points off the drop zone and enduring a nine-game winless league run, he admits their promotion hopes have gone.

“It’s too late for this season,” he said. “We’re twice as near to relegation as we are to the play-offs. We’re not going to put right 15 years of neglect in a few months. It’s going to take time.”

Today’s FA Cup clash with Birmingham at St Andrew's gives Wednesday something to aspire to, but Megson insists he isn’t jealous.

“Birmingham is a nice ground, but it’s not as good as Hillsborough,” he said. “The crowd won’t be as big as what we get either. We are miles bigger and it’s just that they have been brilliantly run and we haven’t, for a long time.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sh ... z1EXVpNfLR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The relevant part highlighted :mrgreen:

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

The Ginger One Still Moaning...

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 am

Apolgise's if this has been posted already, but the ginger one we call Gary megson is going on about how we treated him like crap...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 42,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary Megson has hit out at Bolton supporters for the ill treatment he received during his tenure at the Reebok Stadium.

The Sheffield Wednesday manager admits he was 'battered from pillar to post' from the moment he took over the reins at Bolton.

And he feels he was not given a fair chance by Wanderers' fans to settle in, also claiming that the club would not be in the position they are today without the job he did during his two-year spell.

He told the Daily Star: "If things go badly all supporters let you know but I would expect it to be different with Wednesday.

"If you keep a club up you'd expect to have some sort of nice feedback. Right from minute one to the end I got battered from pillar to post.

"I thought they were bang out of order and there was no honeymoon period whatsoever.

"Even when I was sat in the stands before I took over for my first game they made it clear they didn't want me.

"It really sticks in the throat and in my view the club would be in serious trouble now if I'd not done the job I did."
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 am

The original quote wasn't even in a different page...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: The Ginger One Still Moaning...

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

What a tosser. I wish nothing but bad fortune to him for the rest of his life.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 am

Scruffy git? That was my new coat

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Re: The Ginger One Still Moaning...

Post by seanworth » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 am

Does seem a tad bit obsessed.