Real vs Barca champions league

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Real vs Barca champions league

Post by ChrisC » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Never seen so many cheating, diving girls play a game of football. There almost as bad as Arsenal ;) Why can't they just play football?
Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Real vs Barca champions league

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

ChrisC wrote:Never seen so many cheating, diving girls play a game of football. There almost as bad as Arsenal. Why can't they just play football?
Because as soon as the going starts to get tough for either or both sides, the whole occasion turns into a big massive cheat and crying fest

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

It really is piss poor.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm

What a fecking goal by messi!! Thats what we want to see!!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Pro Evo goal from Messi, and now the other 85 minutes of gash is forgotten by these guys - watch Chiles struggle (more than usual) to speak afterwards!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Some yoof was trying to tell me whilst he was half pissed at Christmas, that Ronaldo was better than Messi....

Guess again...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Some yoof was trying to tell me whilst he was half pissed at Christmas, that Ronaldo was better than Messi....

Guess again...
Is Ronaldo a prick? Yep

Is he a class player? Yep

Is he even close to being as good as Messi? Nope, never IMO. Messi is the best player of my lifetime, maybe of all time.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Both sides acted the nice person, but I'm so glad Madrid lost. Truly a side in the image of their manager.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 am

I can't watch any more Clasicos. It's just one big circus of a bitchfight.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 am

Great goal from Messi.

But Barcelona are as distasteful as Man Utd IMO!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am

I know this might sound fanboy-ish but I believe Madrid set out for a streetfight, and that's what it ended up being.

Still, Pep>Jose

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 am

Barca go into every match, regardless of the opposition with the following gameplan

"Get them down to 10 men and we'll shit 'em"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:04 am

Are you sure? ;)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:I know this might sound fanboy-ish but I believe Madrid set out for a streetfight, and that's what it ended up being.

Still, Pep>Jose
I just didn't see it that way. Madrid set up in a certain way to stop Barcelona playing, bit like Allardyce used to set us up to play Arsenal, and Barcelona threw a hissy fit and got away with it.

Their very deliberate diving, surrounding the referee (and it was orchestrated and planned) was sickening. And then the way they got Pepe sent off for a nothing challenge was just horrible.

Don't get me wrong Madrid weren't much better but Barca were truly horrible. I don't mind some "gamesmanship" but I've not seen cheating at that so blatant orchestrated level well, ever.

I'm not sure I'll bother watching the final as I don't think I could take watching those two play as I'd not be able to root for either side!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am

Aye, Barca are a set of cnuts. I ain't watching the final because they can't both lose. Pepe red card was fooking embarrassing. As was the rolling around and referee surrounding. Madrid do it too, but don't get away with it anywhere near as much in these games, plus there is much less of a media wankathon about them. Ronaldo is fecking unbelievable, and any other time in the last 20 or 30 years if not more would have been the best player in the world. Unfortunately for him Messi is even better.

Boris is right too. Their glorious footballing 'philosophy' is get someone sent off, tippy tappy it about for ages, and let Leo shit em.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

Prufrock wrote:Aye, Barca are a set of cnuts. I ain't watching the final because they can't both lose. Pepe red card was fooking embarrassing. As was the rolling around and referee surrounding. Madrid do it too, but don't get away with it anywhere near as much in these games, plus there is much less of a media wankathon about them. Ronaldo is fecking unbelievable, and any other time in the last 20 or 30 years if not more would have been the best player in the world. Unfortunately for him Messi is even better.

Boris is right too. Their glorious footballing 'philosophy' is get someone sent off, tippy tappy it about for ages, and let Leo shit em.
Seems that way to me too. As you say only way the final would be enjoyable would be if they could both lose.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Prufrock wrote: Ronaldo is fecking unbelievable, and any other time in the last 20 or 30 years if not more would have been the best player in the world. Unfortunately for him Messi is even better.
Oh, do feck off.

There isn't a near miss award for nearly the best footballer. You either are or you aren't. It's a superlative.

He isn't.

Cheating, diving, whinging, soft-arsed, ex-red, cnut.

Not fit to lace Messi's boots.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Eh? So in your view he isn't miles better than everybody else apart from Messi? He has 55 goals in 59 League games for Madrid. That's pretty fecking special. He is a cnut, yes, but that isn't the question. And why shouldn't there be an award? You could easily argue there is. In fact, here he is holding it

And well done, it is a superlative. He is the second best player in the world is a comparative. I'm not quite sure how the points system works on this being relevant. Being 2nd best, if Messi weren't around, he'd be the best. And if he'd been around any time since yon Diego aside from one year in the mid nineties he'd be the best too.

Still a cnut like.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:44 pm

But he isn't. That looks to be some sort of other award that he's picking up there.

It isn't the one for being the best.

:-)

Dirty, winking, cheating, bastard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Have to admit Barcelona should be the most beautiful team in the world to watch play. My problem is that I despise cheating and diving. I either cringe or just get angry when I see these players getting away with this crap and wrecking the great sport. All I can hope for is that someday FIFA quick focussing on how much money they can stuff up their bung hole, and start looking after the game and removing the cancer affecting the game today.