End of the line for Horwich RMI / Leigh RMI

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

arconwhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

End of the line for Horwich RMI / Leigh RMI

Post by arconwhite » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 am

Sad really for followers of local non league football.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/leighgene ... 18167.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Re: End of the line for Horwich RMI / Leigh RMI

Post by ratbert » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:16 am

Sad news indeed. Bring 'em back to Horwich and let them play at the Reebok for nowt.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:23 am

Very sad. Leigh Council appear to have sold the club very short indeed from what I can see, the egg-chasing bastards. BWFCi will be along soon to blame it on Nick Clegg.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Very sad. Leigh Council appear to have sold the club very short indeed from what I can see, the egg-chasing bastards. BWFCi will be along soon to blame it on Nick Clegg.
:lol: Think you're confusing me with David C there Bruce.

Anyways the blame Nick game is quite fun for a while, then it gets a bit dull. :grin:

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ReliantRobbo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Sad to see another Non-league club go under, wasn't long ago they were in Kettering playing against us. Quite a few councils are selling clubs short nowadays, no interest in sport

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Fook 'em.. They were alright upping sticks 10 miles away, riding the cash cow and 'going pro' when people were chucking money their way.

Another lesson in mis-management.

I know the council were asking to foot half the bill for the ground when their gates were much, much lower than the Rugby clubs.. But the 'money men' they sold out to soon went running when they realised the club was hopeless
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Terrible, terrible news. Only about 2 seasonss ago some fckg bozo on here was telling us what a great club it was & that the World was their lobster. This was when they dropped the RMI & picked up the ludicrous name of 'Genesis'. I commented at the time that it was bolloxand the chairman's promises were all hot air.

I take no joy in being correct, none at all.

As a former Horwich RMI player this saddens me more than I can say, especially being a Horwicher myself.

I find this pretty amusing .... “This is an absolute disgrace” said secretary Mary Croasdale. “We left Hilton Park in 2008 on a long standing promise by the council that Leigh Sports Village Stadium would be our permanent home, but the original promises seem to have been ignored and financial gain has overtaken the original ideal of a ‘community stadium’ for the town".

I take your point Mary. broken promises are a real pisser aren't they ? Try looking at the ones you lot made, & subsequently broke, when you left Horwich.

Nonetheless it's come to a fine halt to see a club of over 100yrs standing reduced to this.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Very sad. Wigan Council appear to have sold the club very short indeed from what I can see, the egg-chasing bastards. BWFCi will be along soon to blame it on Nick Clegg.
Fixed your post. If only Leigh had a council...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Horwich RMI have been there forever. Sad to see em out of business. But should never have moved out of the town.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Sad news indeed. I suppose I'm to blame as much as many, since it was a good few years since I last went to see em.

I went a few times during their best ever conference season and frequently saw crowds of 1000+ with Steve Jones (later of Crewe & Burnley amongst others) running riot on the wing.

With the size of their youth set up, it seems there must be some possibility of them re-emerging
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:16 am

Sorry to read the news, Leyther Matt. You must be somewhat despondent. I'd always thought the reborn Leigh/Horwich RMI/Genesis was one of the prime movers in the shift from Hilton? :?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:23 am

Dujon wrote:Sorry to read the news, Leyther Matt. You must be somewhat despondent. I'd always thought the reborn Leigh/Horwich RMI/Genesis was one of the prime movers in the shift from Hilton? :?
ah,n bravom Leythher Matt was the guy who seemed to thing that the moven the re-branding, the new name & removal of the final vestiges of the link to Horwich were a goood thing and the beginning of Leigh Genesiss' assault on gaining football league status (OK, I exaggerate ... a bit).

Eejit !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:21 am

Bobo's so angry about this that he's started to post in Middle English!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Bobo's so angry about this that he's started to post in Middle English!
Ye olde Black-berrie. Damne it.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:18 pm

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Bobo's so angry about this that he's started to post in Middle English!
That what they called a bottle of sherry in them days? :wink:
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Verbal wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
That what they called a bottle of sherry in them days? :wink:
Indeed - Falstaff in Henry IV had them drinking sack - to excess...

And still available for bobo today...

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Willams+ ... ium_sherry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Didn't Genesis think they should be allowed to play in a (small) modern stadium for buttons?
Sto ut Serviam

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Terrible, terrible news. Only about 2 seasonss ago some fckg bozo on here was telling us what a great club it was & that the World was their lobster. This was when they dropped the RMI & picked up the ludicrous name of 'Genesis'. I commented at the time that it was bolloxand the chairman's promises were all hot air.

I take no joy in being correct, none at all.

As a former Horwich RMI player this saddens me more than I can say, especially being a Horwicher myself.

I find this pretty amusing .... “This is an absolute disgrace” said secretary Mary Croasdale. “We left Hilton Park in 2008 on a long standing promise by the council that Leigh Sports Village Stadium would be our permanent home, but the original promises seem to have been ignored and financial gain has overtaken the original ideal of a ‘community stadium’ for the town".

I take your point Mary. broken promises are a real pisser aren't they ? Try looking at the ones you lot made, & subsequently broke, when you left Horwich.

Nonetheless it's come to a fine halt to see a club of over 100yrs standing reduced to this.

Apart from not being good enough to be an ex player - I agree totally.
Very sad
What goes around may still come around