Liverpool laughing stocks?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Liverpool laughing stocks?

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:10 pm

It's OK. Stevie Me's planning to return as a coach when his 'Murican contract expires in December. He's 'spoken with them' about it. So it must be true.

Despite not having passed his coaching quals.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It's OK. Stevie Me's planning to return as a coach when his 'Murican contract expires in December. He's 'spoken with them' about it. So it must be true.

Despite not having passed his coaching quals.

aye - heard that on t'radio this morning... so much for a new start abroad!

surely the last thing Klopp needs as the train starts to come off the rails nexrt season is stevie-me stinking up the corridors...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:52 pm

I was reading something on this earlier. He was banging on about the club and the FA putting on courses in the afternoons (should be) and that having to start courses when you finish isn't convenient and no wonder players don't bother etc etc. Just me then that thinks if you can't be arsed then maybe you'd be shit at it anyway :roll:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 pm

^^ No AT. Silly. That would make it his own fault for not doing it & we all know that can't be true.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm pretty sure he'd be shite at it ;)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I was reading something on this earlier. He was banging on about the club and the FA putting on courses in the afternoons (should be) and that having to start courses when you finish isn't convenient and no wonder players don't bother etc etc. Just me then that thinks if you can't be arsed then maybe you'd be shit at it anyway :roll:
Kevin Davies was doing his badges years ago though wasn't he?

Phil Neville had his UEFA B in Feb 2012 and only retired in April 2013

It's a bit of a dilemma to have Giggs & Gerrard learning their trade at a high level on the one hand and being a ready-made populist candidate for replacement on the other.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Athers wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I was reading something on this earlier. He was banging on about the club and the FA putting on courses in the afternoons (should be) and that having to start courses when you finish isn't convenient and no wonder players don't bother etc etc. Just me then that thinks if you can't be arsed then maybe you'd be shit at it anyway :roll:

It's a bit of a dilemma to have Giggs & Gerrard learning their trade at a high level on the one hand and being a ready-made populist candidate for replacement on the other.
KD was and fair play to him. I just think Gerrard was expecting his 80k a week and for the FA to wipe his arse and put on a course for him in such a way that he had to make zero effort in order to attain it. He really is a wanker of the highest order.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Athers wrote:

KD was and fair play to him. I just think Gerrard was expecting his 80k a week and for the FA to wipe his arse and put on a course for him in such a way that he had to make zero effort in order to attain it. He really is a wanker of the highest order.
Exactly what I thought when I read it. Eveyone else's fault he didn't get off his arse and show initiative.

Look at our very own Dougie. Was studying the game at length and coaching kids well before he finished playing. Unfortunate that he turned out to be not very good, but not for lack of trying.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:42 pm

To be fair to Gerrard he was quoted yesterday as feeling pretty foolish for "watching the Sopranos or The Office" when he'd finished training rather than getting his coaching badges.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:To be fair to Gerrard he was quoted yesterday as feeling pretty foolish for "watching the Sopranos or The Office" when he'd finished training rather than getting his coaching badges.
One should never be fair to him. Ever :shock:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:To be fair to Gerrard he was quoted yesterday as feeling pretty foolish for "watching the Sopranos or The Office" when he'd finished training rather than getting his coaching badges.
:D I've never really understood the antipathy on here towards him tbh. There are enough to55ers at Old Trafford to get worked up about, I haven't got the energy to be ar5ed about the Scousers as well!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
:D I've never really understood the antipathy on here towards him tbh. There are enough to55ers at Old Trafford to get worked up about, I haven't got the energy to be ar5ed about the Scousers as well!
You're a good hearted soul, Genshaw.

Wrong, naive and a numpty ... but good hearted.

It must be lovely not to understand enough to loathe Scousers. Long may you be so fortunate. Just leave it to those who know.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm wary of posting on this thread in case I knock it over a page and offend a whole city, but saw possibly the most Scouse thing I've ever read on the BBC gossip yesterday:

A freestyler will juggle a football from Sheffield to Liverpool - a distance of 78 miles - in April to commemorate the 27th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. (Liverpool Echo)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You're a good hearted soul, Genshaw.

Wrong, naive and a numpty ... but good hearted.

It must be lovely not to understand enough to loathe Scousers. Long may you be so fortunate. Just leave it to those who know.
:lol:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Liverpool yesterday completed the signing of a 19 year old midfielder from Red Star Belgrade for £5m

They then sent him straight back to the same club on loan.

That's why football doesn't work properly.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Liverpool yesterday completed the signing of a 19 year old midfielder from Red Star Belgrade for £5m

Indeed. So are Liverpool now responsible for his wages as well?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Liverpool yesterday completed the signing of a 19 year old midfielder from Red Star Belgrade for £5m

Indeed. So are Liverpool now responsible for his wages as well?

No idea. I would have thought so, at least in part.

A £5m player would have been our 3rd? 4th? most expensive signing.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:22 pm

The best part about all that was that the player's dad was hiding his passport as he thought the Liverpool transfer would be damaging to his career!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:31 pm

the man would fit in well on our very own running thread! :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:16 pm

With the record of Wilshere and Sturridge, plus Holden a.d Muamba, I think somebody should do a study pdq into the potential unknown harmful effects of ping pong!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.