Liverpool laughing stocks?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Liverpool laughing stocks?

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:53 pm

You know what, I don't care what they earn (and I know it more than cushions the blow), but being injured tghat much with their talent must be soul-destroying. I really do sympathise.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:You know what, I don't care what they earn (and I know it more than cushions the blow), but being injured tghat much with their talent must be soul-destroying. I really do sympathise.
Quite a few, including Klopp seem to have suggested that some of his injuries are more in his head. Think Stevie Me mentioned in his book that if every bugger waited until they were bang on 100% fit, then it'd take some pretty hefty squads to get through a season. Suggestion appears to be that he wouldn't get out of bed at 98% fit, if they needed a win to qualify for CL, the last game of the season.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:You know what, I don't care what they earn (and I know it more than cushions the blow), but being injured tghat much with their talent must be soul-destroying. I really do sympathise.
Quite a few, including Klopp seem to have suggested that some of his injuries are more in his head. Think Stevie Me mentioned in his book that if every bugger waited until they were bang on 100% fit, then it'd take some pretty hefty squads to get through a season. Suggestion appears to be that he wouldn't get out of bed at 98% fit, if they needed a win to qualify for CL, the last game of the season.
Yes I saw those comments, but he appeared to then contradict them by saying he was playing unfit. I've known runners like that, you need to recognise what you can run through and what needs resting. If you are running 100 miles pw or doing the football equivalent, you are going to get the odd ache and pain.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:16 am

Quite a lot of our runners on the athletics thread seem to know when to rest an injury...very astute they are. :-) wonder did Klopp mean "injured" as opposed to "unfit"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Quite a lot of our runners on the athletics thread seem to know when to rest an injury...very astute they are. :-) wonder did Klopp mean "injured" as opposed to "unfit"
Oh yes, I rest a broken toe nail for a month these days.
Can't remember excatly but I read it as saying he soft one week and too eager to jump back in the next. Probably not quite that daft but you get my drift.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:Quite a lot of our runners on the athletics thread seem to know when to rest an injury...very astute they are. :-) wonder did Klopp mean "injured" as opposed to "unfit"

But, I hasten to add, NOT medically trained.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

A very good caveat indeed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

A very good caveat indeed.

:mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

I think you can get pills for medical training these days...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 am

it seems Liverpool have scrapped plans to increase ticket prices and have pledged to freeze prices for the next two years...

and - get this...

they have apologised to fans for any distress caused... :lol: :lol: :lol: (poor lambs with all that distress!)

also:

"The unique and sacred relationship between Liverpool Football Club and its supporters has always been foremost in our minds. It represents the heartbeat of this extraordinary football club." :vomit:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:36 am

No doubt there will be an inquest and compensation to be had :roll:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 am

thebish wrote:it seems Liverpool have scrapped plans to increase ticket prices and have pledged to freeze prices for the next two years...

and - get this...

they have apologised to fans for any distress caused... :lol: :lol: :lol: (poor lambs with all that distress!)

also:

"The unique and sacred relationship between Liverpool Football Club and its supporters has always been foremost in our minds. It represents the heartbeat of this extraordinary football club." :vomit:
Best fans in the world, for up to 80 minutes per game.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Jesus. I must say I felt awkward having to agree with the mawkish f*ckers on this so I'm glad enough people have come out with horrific wanky statements that I mock them even if they are right.

Read the first paragraph of an article the other day headlined "Why are football tickets so underpriced" that began talking about "market inelasticicty". Noooope. I am out.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:Jesus. I must say I felt awkward having to agree with the mawkish f*ckers on this so I'm glad enough people have come out with horrific wanky statements that I mock them even if they are right.

Read the first paragraph of an article the other day headlined "Why are football tickets so underpriced" that began talking about "market inelasticicty". Noooope. I am out.

really - you think distress was caused to the point that it needs to be apologised for?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:37 pm

What?! God no. That's the mawkish stuff I'm relieved I get to laugh at now. The bit I thought they were right on was that £77 a ticket is fecking scandalous. I felt queasy agreeing with the Scousers, so now thankfully they've come along talking about distress and justice and I can go back to laughing at them!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:Jesus. I must say I felt awkward having to agree with the mawkish f*ckers on this so I'm glad enough people have come out with horrific wanky statements that I mock them even if they are right.
Far be it for the scaly, thieving, self-pitying c*nts to address the full story. The seats that were going up to £77 were the best seats in the house - those on the halfway line and so on, not the ones that these gobshites sit in. The lower priced tickets - ergo the ones aimed at these pikey c*nts actually went down in price. Don't let the facts get in the way of a gripe will you, eh Lar? fecking wankers to a man, woman and child.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Get off that fence!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Enoch wrote:Get off that fence!
Fencing round that shithole has nothing to do with marking out boundaries either. c*nts.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Far be it for the scaly, thieving, self-pitying c*nts to address the full story. The seats that were going up to £77 were the best seats in the house - those on the halfway line and so on, not the ones that these gobshites sit in. The lower priced tickets - ergo the ones aimed at these pikey c*nts actually went down in price. Don't let the facts get in the way of a gripe will you, eh Lar? fecking wankers to a man, woman and child.
B@stard.

You "top-ranted" before I could get to it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:13 pm

It's still f*cking ridiculous. £77 to watch any game of football is mental, even if they are scaly, thieving, self-pitying c*nts! Seventy seven bloody quid. To watch James Milner.