FAO Australians - Harry Kewell is a bell-end

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

FAO Australians - Harry Kewell is a bell-end

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am

Former Liverpool forward Harry Kewell has come under fire from the Australian media and bloggers for flirting with a return home to play in the domestic A-League but opting against the move for financial reasons.

Kewell's manager Bernie Mandic poured cold water on the 32-year-old international's return on Monday, telling a local radio station that the free agent would be chasing deals overseas after negotiations fell through with league administrators.
Regarded as one of Australia's finest soccer exports, Kewell had been pursued by several A-League clubs and was offered top-up payments through a marketing deal by Football Federation Australia to promote the struggling league.

The governing body baulked at his management's demand for a large share of gate takings at away games, however, despite the boost Kewell's return would give the competition, which has battled declining crowds and financial troubles in recent years.

"Whatever the rights or wrongs, the latest development in the drawn-out Harry Kewell saga has left a bad taste in the mouths of Australian soccer fans," The Australian newspaper said in an op-ed piece on Tuesday.
"It is clear that any semblance of goodwill that surrounded the much trumpeted arrival of Kewell into the A-League has been flushed down the toilet of crude opportunism and brinkmanship."

Kewell, released from Galatasaray earlier this year after three seasons at the Turkish club, may have damaged his brand and value among fans, prominent soccer writer Michael Lynch wrote in the Age newspaper.
"Helping the game grow would be nice. Providing a marketing and sponsorship boost would be a handy bonus. Drawing a whole new crowd of theatregoers fixated on big names? Well that would be an added bonus," he said.

"But it turns out everything was incidental. Cash is king. Harry, Bernie, why didn't you just say so in the first place? We would all have respected you even more in the morning."
Suspected as much anyway, but this confirms it.

The A-League needs a massive boost, and this clown would have been loved by all but instead his overriding greed spoils a potentially massive signing for someone and condemns him to being just another pocket-obssessed mercenary wankstain with a dog-rough wife.

Dickhead.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FAO Australians - Harry Kewell is a bell-end

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:03 pm

He's after gate reciepts for away matches, in which he'll probably play a third of, because he's constantly feckin' injured!
Last edited by boltonboris on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm

I've got his short role from the 2005 Champions league on dvd.

A-League are dogs for not mainly including Brand new Clubs and never considering great clubs of old; and for deleting North Queensland Fury.

I should of went to see Robbie Fowler play!

I've been to 1 A-league Game.
It was: Melbourne Victory 3 - 0 New Bloody Zealand.
(It would be a bit like having Paris Saint Germain in the Premier League)

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Former Liverpool forward Harry Kewell has come under fire from the Australian media and bloggers for flirting with a return home to play in the domestic A-League but opting against the move for financial reasons.

Kewell's manager Bernie Mandic poured cold water on the 32-year-old international's return on Monday, telling a local radio station that the free agent would be chasing deals overseas after negotiations fell through with league administrators.
Regarded as one of Australia's finest soccer exports, Kewell had been pursued by several A-League clubs and was offered top-up payments through a marketing deal by Football Federation Australia to promote the struggling league.

The governing body baulked at his management's demand for a large share of gate takings at away games, however, despite the boost Kewell's return would give the competition, which has battled declining crowds and financial troubles in recent years.

"Whatever the rights or wrongs, the latest development in the drawn-out Harry Kewell saga has left a bad taste in the mouths of Australian soccer fans," The Australian newspaper said in an op-ed piece on Tuesday.
"It is clear that any semblance of goodwill that surrounded the much trumpeted arrival of Kewell into the A-League has been flushed down the toilet of crude opportunism and brinkmanship."

Kewell, released from Galatasaray earlier this year after three seasons at the Turkish club, may have damaged his brand and value among fans, prominent soccer writer Michael Lynch wrote in the Age newspaper.
"Helping the game grow would be nice. Providing a marketing and sponsorship boost would be a handy bonus. Drawing a whole new crowd of theatregoers fixated on big names? Well that would be an added bonus," he said.

"But it turns out everything was incidental. Cash is king. Harry, Bernie, why didn't you just say so in the first place? We would all have respected you even more in the morning."
Suspected as much anyway, but this confirms it.

The A-League needs a massive boost, and this clown would have been loved by all but instead his overriding greed spoils a potentially massive signing for someone and condemns him to being just another pocket-obssessed mercenary wankstain with a dog-rough wife.

Dickhead.
You think this is news to us?

In the wake of this orgy of greed we set up #KewellALeagueDemands on The Social Media Platform That Shall Not Be Named - @shereemurphy flipped her lid but handlers must've bashed some sense into her, cos she deleted a bunch of !!! strewn rants about 'haters' and started posting about how she'll just have to get used to our wacky larrkin Aussie humor (so she's married to a dour nasty feck* then).
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote: just another pocket-obssessed mercenary wankstain with a dog-rough wife. Dickhead.
Not that it's got much to do with football, but I always thought she was rather attractive.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote: just another pocket-obssessed mercenary wankstain with a dog-rough wife. Dickhead.
Not that it's got much to do with football, but I always thought she was rather attractive.
Here-here. Let's shame on that, Grand-Wizard of the third level.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 am

He'll never win the Asian Sampions Ligue now!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:27 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Here-here. Let's shame on that, Grand-Wizard of the third level.
Nah, that was my mate. He never would show me that handshake though. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Can't blame him. A-League is mainly rubbish.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am

When does the new season start again? I like seeing how my Brizzie boys get on

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:When does the new season start again? I like seeing how my Brizzie boys get on
October this time, sick of losing coverage to the AFL/NRL finals seasons.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."

Passionate
Passionate

Harry Kewell signs for Melbourne Victory

Post by 2399 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Full Story

Harry Kewell and Melbourne Victory today announce that an unconditional agreement has now been reached

Harry Kewell is arguably the most famous footballer Australia has produced with a successful career to date in the English Premiership with both Leeds United and Liverpool and more recently in Europe with Galatasaray.

Anthony Di Pietro, Melbourne Victory’s Chairman: “Harry is an Australian sporting icon and will bring not only incredible talent to Melbourne Victory but will attract more fans to football and boost greater interest and participation in the sport in Australia.”

Official Melbourne Victory Twitter account

melbournevictory.com.au

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Harry Kewell is arguably the most famous footballer Australia has produced with a successful career to date in the English Premiership with both Leeds United and Liverpool and more recently in Europe with Galatasaray.
you'd think it were vieri .

espesh the way the statement is phrased.
Last edited by a1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 pm

well that was a brisk bit of business.

Enjoy your money-grubbing playdoh-groined bellend, Tards.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:29 pm

http://youtu.be/EvzAhtbPrcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what ya getting...

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:33 pm

midnitefooty wrote:http://youtu.be/EvzAhtbPrcY

He's less ridiculous these days. But still fragile and they've signed some ludicrous deal that gives him 80% of anything they make over last season's figures for a bunch of revenue streams.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Horza wrote:
midnitefooty wrote:http://youtu.be/EvzAhtbPrcY

He's less ridiculous these days. But still fragile and they've signed some ludicrous deal that gives him 80% of anything they make over last season's figures for a bunch of revenue streams.
Don't get me wrong, he was amazing at Leeds.
It was just a good excuse to post that video :D