I adore Balotelli

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Passionate
Passionate

Re: I adore Balotelli

Post by 2399 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:08 am

Looks like he will hopefully get a four game suspension

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:27 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16711526.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mario Balotelli's agent has warned the striker could quit English football if he continues to receive what he sees as unfair treatment.

Balotelli, 21, is facing a four-match ban after being charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

The City forward appeared to stamp on Scott Parker before scoring a late penalty to secure Manchester City's 3-2 win over Tottenham on Sunday.

"I think he feels persecuted; he cannot go on like that," said Mino Raiola.

Agent Raiola added on BBC Radio 5 live: "We had a very clear image of his career at the beginning and I told the press openly Mario will have to stay at Manchester City for at least three of four years, helping the club on this important project and grow as a man and a player.

"Obviously if he's being banned every three or four games for one reason or another we cannot go on like that and there needs to be an end to that.

"So if that's the case and English referees and the English FA would like Mario to go out of England then we would take that seriously in consideration, even if that's not and was not our intention.

"He [Mario] is very disappointed about the decision. He loves playing in England. He keeps asking 'why always me, why does it always come back to me?' He loves playing in England and I think he feels persecuted."

Balotelli joined City in a £24m deal from Inter Milan in the summer of 2010 but has been involved in a number of controversies on and off the pitch.

He has been sent off three times, was unable to continue after suffering an allergy to the grass in Kiev, threw a dart at a reserve team player and escaped injury after a firework was let off in his house.

Raiola is adamant that his player did not deliberately hurt Parker in the win against Spurs, insisting that TV replays back up his claim.

"He didn't do anything on purpose, he was clearly pushed and was out of balance and put down his feet," said the agent.

"That's also clear in the slow-motion replays."

Raiola had earlier suggested he felt there might be a conspiracy against foreign players such as Balotelli and City team-mate Vincent Kompany, who was also suspended for four games earlier this month.

He told Italian reporters: "I want to be balanced but I'm worried because when English players are involved in more serious things, nothing happens, whereas when foreigners are involved, such as Balotelli or Kompany, they were treated harder.

"If I find that there is something strange against Balotelli, my duty is to protect and then take him away.

"In this case I would speak with City, I'd ask them Balotelli's price and would look for the best team for him, as there are only six or seven teams he can play for."

Manchester City have yet to decide whether to appeal against the violent conduct charge, but first-team coach David Platt hinted on Tuesday that the club would reluctantly accept the decision.

Balotelli has until 1800 GMT on Wednesday to respond to the charge.

Earlier this month the FA rejected City's appeal against Kompany's controversial sending-off in their FA Cup third-round defeat by Manchester United.

Kompany was handed a four-match ban for his second red card of the season.
Hilarious. Just cos you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you eh?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:24 am

I think it's just that the higher you get the more untouchable you feel. So when you don't get away with something you feel the World's against you.

Ever thus and certainly what drives the Stretford, Arsenal, Liverpool paranoia
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Have to say I'm still 50:50 on whether it was intentional or not.....
You are joking, right? His natural movement would be to bring his foot forward, not stamp it back.
Well yes...I think it is possible he was trying to ground his foot. Also the speed it happened at, I'm not convinced he could have calculated a stamp.

At the same time, it doesn't look good and like you say doesn't seem natural.

He'll be banned and I don't think he can have any complaints even if it was accidental. When he looks at it he'll have to admit it looks bad!
FWIW I don't think it was intentional either.

I also think they'd already decided on him being a bad guy before it happened, the commentary was sickening - a total witch hunt.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:04 pm

The problem is that sums up the media as a whole. Build 'em up, tear 'em down. Jade Goody "poppadum", Jonathan Ross' prank call, that woman who put a cat in a bin. There's a moralising frenzy to it and the only way to stay safe, is to stay out of its spotlight. Fact remains though it was a stamp and he deserves the punishment, minus the furore obviously.

Always been kinda thankful we have a relatively incognito team. A Davo clumsy tackle on notso Cleverly has been about the worst of it this year.
bobo the clown wrote:I think it's just that the higher you get the more untouchable you feel. So when you don't get away with something you feel the World's against you.

Ever thus and certainly what drives the Stretford, Arsenal, Liverpool paranoia
Two DMB mates of mine have their blinkers well and truly strapped on. One says the refs are completely impartial and don't give big teams the benefit of the doubt (aye right). The other tries to argue the fact that Utd don't get the decisions because the ref is afraid of looking like he's favouring the big team. Calmly pointed out to him it actually works the other way around.

Dozy buggers. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People can't stand the glory-hunting trumpeting in the media and their fans, so when the mighty do fall, like out of the champions league to Basel for instance, we can't help but revel in it.

And so it goes on. Maybe we're all culpable. :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:The problem is that sums up the media as a whole. Build 'em up, tear 'em down. Jade Goody "poppadum", Jonathan Ross' prank call, that woman who put a cat in a bin.
how was cat-bin woman built up in the press before they tore her down?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:The problem is that sums up the media as a whole. Build 'em up, tear 'em down. Jade Goody "poppadum", Jonathan Ross' prank call, that woman who put a cat in a bin.
Bitch should have been flogged

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:36 am

Hoboh wrote: Bitch should have been flogged
or award a medal for services to cleaner front lawns.

:/

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 am

Media still love him, as he writes headlines himself.

And it WAS a definite stamp
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am

I don't think it was a stamp... more an involuntary twitch brought about by the subconcious knowledge that a vulnerable part was there for the taking. All predators have that instinct, that or starve.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Cat O' Nine tails?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:03 am

I don't think that, when seen at full speed, the incident and intent were beyond reasonable doubt.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't think that, when seen at full speed, the incident and intent were beyond reasonable doubt.
Dead right.

Fortunately that isn't the test required. It not being a court of law.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:40 pm

It isn't reasonable doubt in most courts of law. Don't actually know what test the FA use for these, I think it's balance of probabilities.

I think he meant it. It's a very odd movement otherwise. Not sure it's beyond reasonable doubt though!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Prufrock wrote:It isn't reasonable doubt in most courts of law. Don't actually know what test the FA use for these, I think it's balance of probabilities.

I think they roll a pencil... two for really tricky decisions...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I don't think that, when seen at full speed, the incident and intent were beyond reasonable doubt.
Dead right.

Fortunately that isn't the test required. It not being a court of law.
Law courts here use both 'beyond a reasonable doubt' and 'balance of probabilities'. It depends on the nature of the case (criminal, civil etc.).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Cat O' Nine tails?
Faster pussycat! Kill kill!

Well she was more to do with general, hysterical news coverage.

A woman putting a cat in a bin, out of idiot mischief, shouldn't be newsworthy. :conf:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:34 pm

He seems determined to get himself sent off today.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:21 pm

I can't stand Balotelli. There I've said it.
Businesswoman of the year.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:He seems determined to get himself sent off today.
Mission accomplished.