England, England, Ra-Ra-Ra...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

England, England, Ra-Ra-Ra...

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Does anyone give a toss about England anymore?

Neither myself or my mates are bothered about any of the competitive games, let alone the friendlies.

Just seeing how everyone else feels?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: England, England, Ra-Ra-Ra...

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

I've found that they've taken on a new meaning now that Our Gaz is involved.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm

He should be playing, but you get the feeling if Ferdinand and Terry were both fit/on speaking terms, those carthorses would be straight in the side.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 pm

It's that f*ckin' band that does my head in. One more tinny rendition of H.A.P.P.Y. or the Great Feckin Escape and I'll go nuts...
Most of the tossers seem to be based in portsmouth, wish they'd jump on a ship and sail far away.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:48 am

The Axman wrote:It's that f*ckin' band that does my head in. One more tinny rendition of H.A.P.P.Y. or the Great Feckin Escape and I'll go nuts...
Most of the tossers seem to be based in portsmouth, wish they'd jump on a ship and sail far away.

Any proof of that Axman? I'm aware of two in Pompey, a drummer and a trumpet player, but thought most of the others were from Sheffield

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:06 am

Il Pirate wrote:
The Axman wrote:It's that f*ckin' band that does my head in. One more tinny rendition of H.A.P.P.Y. or the Great Feckin Escape and I'll go nuts...

Any proof of that Axman? I'm aware of two in Pompey, a drummer and a trumpet player, but thought most of the others were from Sheffield
Must admit it is hearsay (very thin hearsay) - never having spoken to any of them personally. If they're from Sheffield then they'd need a train journey before getting on the ship I suppose.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am

The Axman wrote:It's that f*ckin' band that does my head in. One more tinny rendition of H.A.P.P.Y. or the Great Feckin Escape and I'll go nuts...Most of the tossers seem to be based in portsmouth, wish they'd jump on a ship and sail far away.

Yeah Im very sick of that too, England home games are horrible to watch now in particular, its become a parody of itself, very fake and very tacky.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:23 am

This again?? We have a thread like this EVERYTIME England play..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:This again?? We have a thread like this EVERYTIME England play..
Andy Waller's a new guy - it's his first chance to sound off about England!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Phil Jones starting in midfield.

He's going to get completely found out tonight.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 pm

jmjhb wrote:Phil Jones starting in midfield.

:D

You mean tomorrow surely... or do you know something else that he can't do? :shock:

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Still, eight days to go until proper footie is back.
You could all drive down to Buxton tomorrow and watch the match. Hendsford Town: could be thrilling.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 pm

The Axman wrote:
jmjhb wrote:Phil Jones starting in midfield.

:D

You mean tomorrow surely... or do you know something else that he can't do? :shock:
Thought we were playing tonight...that's about how much I care about England these days...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Hope I'm wrong but I can see us getting torn a rectumus giganticus nuevo tonight. Spain are faster, fitter and more skilled in every position. As I said, hope I'm wrong.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hope I'm wrong but I can see us getting torn a rectumus giganticus nuevo tonight. Spain are faster, fitter and more skilled in every position. As I said, hope I'm wrong.
i'm more worried about em diving all over the shop.

i'll bet they get 2 penalties.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Cahill dropped for a Jageilka and Lescott partnership. Oh dear.

Lampard, Parker, Jones midfield trio. Oh dear-er.

Oh well, at least I can cheer on Spain now. I have a few bets on that predict England to take a beating, I can hope they come in now without being arsed that Cahill might be affected for it.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:03 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Cahill dropped for a Jageilka and Lescott partnership. Oh dear.

Lampard, Parker, Jones midfield trio. Oh dear-er.

Oh well, at least I can cheer on Spain now. I have a few bets on that predict England to take a beating, I can hope they come in now without being arsed that Cahill might be affected for it.
Well at least there won't be a chance of him getting injured now, i'm not interested in the match one little bit bolton are my priority, don't give a toss about england because they always let you down in major tournaments.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hope I'm wrong but I can see us getting torn a rectumus giganticus nuevo tonight. Spain are faster, fitter and more skilled in every position. As I said, hope I'm wrong.
No no, you're not. :D

But then, they're faster, fitter and more skilled (with the exception of teams with a good defence) than just about everyone else. They made fools out of the likes of Holland and Germany in the world cup. It's a brand of football nobody's reliably managed to negate or reproduce yet.

The bastards.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:11 pm

So we've kept em out and defended passably well. On the bad side, nobody wants the ball and when they get it, can't get shut quick enough. They're streets ahead of us in passing, anticipation, pace and ball control. Love Sergio Ramos, but any other ref and he'd have at least one yellow by now. This ref's gash. Spain are also a very settled side, one you could almost pick for them. Our lot are a right mix and match every game.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:So we've kept em out and defended passably well. On the bad side, nobody wants the ball and when they get it, can't get shut quick enough. They're streets ahead of us in passing, anticipation, pace and ball control. Love Sergio Ramos, but any other ref and he'd have at least one yellow by now. This ref's gash. Spain are also a very settled side, one you could almost pick for them. Our lot are a right mix and match every game.
Why, he is a diving shithouse. He literally screamed when Milner fouled him before. I'd love to see Kev in his prime give him and Busquets a proper do-ing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.