Mancini

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Mancini

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 am

For the umpteenth time, Roberto Mancini has been caught on camera waving an imaginary card at the officials in a blatant attempt at getting an opposition player sent off.

He was highly critical of Rooney for his appeals during the derby, that saw Kompany sent off.

Surely it's about time the authorities stepped in and give him ample punishment.

Cvnt.. :evil:

Oh.. besides.. A straight red card, for handball, 55 yards out? Do me a fvckin' favour :eh:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Mancini

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 am

boltonboris wrote:For the umpteenth time, Roberto Mancini has been caught on camera waving an imaginary card at the officials in a blatant attempt at getting an opposition player sent off.

He was highly critical of Rooney for his appeals during the derby, that saw Kompany sent off.

Surely it's about time the authorities stepped in and give him ample punishment.

Oh.. besides.. A straight red card, for handball, 55 yards out? Do me a fvckin' favour :eh:

careful - this is a fairly pro-Citeh forum lately! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Thing is, Mancini is only doing similar to what Ferguson has done for years and years. Try and influence and intimidate refs...I've seen Fergie wave a fair old number of those invisible cards down the years...

Mancini isn't very intimidating though...

And Allardyce was also a master at ranting on the touchline trying to cheat decisions for us.

Good luck to Mancini, he's bright enough to realise you win nowt by being nice and playing by the rules...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 pm

You'd think spending £400 Million should be enough without having to resort to cheating.

I wouldn't mind (actually, I would), but he got the rub of the green with decisions last night

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:You'd think spending £400 Million should be enough without having to resort to cheating.

I wouldn't mind (actually, I would), but he got the rub of the green with decisions last night
I didn't think so.

Especially seeing that lump Caldwell punch the ball off the head of Dzeko in the penalty area only for a goalkick to be given....

I've seen softer red cards given as well compared to what Figueroa did.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Forgot about the one in the box.

But had Milner been booked for dragging McCarthur down (then going straight through the back of him after the whistle had been blown), then Wigan could be arguing about him not getting sent off later on. (McCarthey was booked for a lesser pull on Dzeko 5 minutes earlier)

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

As far as managers go, I quite like Mancini. Dignified. Then again, I haven't witnessed the card waving you speak of.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Sponge wrote:As far as managers go, I quite like Mankini. Dignified. Then again, I haven't witnessed the card waving you speak of.
he's a serial imaginary card-waver...

here's the wiggin one...

Mankini claimed his actions at the DW Stadium were of a different nature to Rooney's because he was on the touchline, where he had less of an influence over the referee than a player on the field.

"I did [the waving of an imaginary card] because Rooney did this, but this was normal when there is one chance like today," he said.

"I am on the bench. It's different from a player who is near the referee.

"From the bench it's what you think at the moment, but the referee doesn't see you on the bench."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

thebish wrote:"I did [the waving of an imaginary card] because Rooney did this, but this was normal when there is one chance like today," he said.

"From the bench it's what you think at the moment, but the referee doesn't see you on the bench."
Don't you long for a guy to say "yes, perhaps I got carried away." ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:"I did [the waving of an imaginary card] because Rooney did this, but this was normal when there is one chance like today," he said.

Don't you long for a guy to say "yes, perhaps I got carried away." ??
it'd certainly be refreshing!

the first manager to say "I made a bit of a tit of myself in the heat of the moment - sorry!" - will be my hero for ever... (unless it's one I don't like)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

He reckons he did it because of Rooney?

He did it against Liverpool. That was BEFORE the Derby.

He also did it against us, both this season and last season.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:For the umpteenth time, Roberto Mancini has been caught on camera waving an imaginary card at the officials in a blatant attempt at getting an opposition player sent off.

That was clearly an imaginary yellow he was waving

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 pm

jimbo wrote:

That was clearly an imaginary yellow he was waving
he waved it twice - which = red! :wink:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 am

thebish wrote:
Sponge wrote:As far as managers go, I quite like Mankini. Dignified. Then again, I haven't witnessed the card waving you speak of.
he's a serial imaginary card-waver...

here's the wiggin one...

Mankini claimed his actions at the DW Stadium were of a different nature to Rooney's because he was on the touchline, where he had less of an influence over the referee than a player on the field.

"I did [the waving of an imaginary card] because Rooney did this, but this was normal when there is one chance like today," he said.

You've sold me, Bish. What a cvnt!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 am

He continued to do it after the booking and you could clearly see him mouthing "red card"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

boltonboris wrote:He continued to do it after the booking and you could clearly see him mouthing "red card"
You speak Italian then? I am impressed :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am

Hoboh wrote:
boltonboris wrote:He continued to do it after the booking and you could clearly see him mouthing "red card"
You speak Italian then? I am impressed :mrgreen:
:doh:
May the bridges I burn light your way

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 am

Reddo cardo.

(easy 8) )

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 am

Italian: carta rossa
German: rote Karte
French: carte rouge
Spanish: tarjeta roja
Mancunian: wave’a rooney

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

The Axman wrote:Italian: carta rossa
German: rote Karte
French: carte rouge
Spanish: tarjeta roja
Mancunian: wave’a rooney
a 18 game ban might be named after david wheater soon.