The joke called Madrid

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Re: The joke called Madrid

Post by blurred » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Winning the champions league with Porto and Inter is an amazing achievement in its own right. If he tops the best club side in the world this year then that would be equally 'special'.
His CL record is much more impressive than his domestic one, I'd grant you. I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but he's not exactly had a paucity of resources at any of his recent clubs.
BWFC_Insane wrote:As for Chelsea they've not done so well without him.
Nothing at all to do with short-termism, buying 'experienced' players and having no plan in place for the next few years because he knows he's not going to be around for them, then? He's a modern day Bela Gutmann - never sticks around very long.
BWFC_Insane wrote:We will have to agree to disagree I guess....
He's very good, don't get me wrong, but it pays to think critically about these things.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
blurred wrote:Yes, from the biggest spending club in Portugal to the biggest spending club in England to the biggest spending club in Italy to the biggest spending club in Spain, each time only needing a little kick on and an injection of belief to turn a side who were 2nd/3rd into title winners.

No doubt he's talented and good at what he does, but he's never taken on a job at a club that wasn't already established in the top 2/3 and didn't have a truck load of money for him to invest before fecking off after a year or two. He's never won an unlikely title or turned a club into something they weren't within spitting distance of winning anyway (CL win with Porto notwithstanding, but they were horrific cheats - his one with Inter was more impressive).

A character, yes, but one who's willing to gouge the eye of an opposing coach? A bit of a c*nt, really, no matter how good he is at motivating his players.
I think you're getting him mixed up with King Kenny.
I thinky you're getting mixed up with Roy Hodgson there actually.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:47 pm

blurred wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Winning the champions league with Porto and Inter is an amazing achievement in its own right. If he tops the best club side in the world this year then that would be equally 'special'.
His CL record is much more impressive than his domestic one, I'd grant you. I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but he's not exactly had a paucity of resources at any of his recent clubs.
BWFC_Insane wrote:As for Chelsea they've not done so well without him.
Nothing at all to do with short-termism, buying 'experienced' players and having no plan in place for the next few years because he knows he's not going to be around for them, then? He's a modern day Bela Gutmann - never sticks around very long.
BWFC_Insane wrote:We will have to agree to disagree I guess....
He's very good, don't get me wrong, but it pays to think critically about these things.

Wow huge green eyed monster alert!!!!
So the bin dippers ain't spent nothing for years have they? Nawwww course not thats why their managers cannot hold a candle to Jose is it?
Just admit it He's not popular in scouse land because like Red Nose he stole your glory days!!!
Live with it :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 am

Jose Mourinho has called on unhappy Chelsea supporters to get behind under-fire boss Andre Villas-Boas.

Former Blues boss Mourinho's name was chanted at Stamford Bridge during Chelsea's disappointing FA Cup draw with Birmingham on Saturday.

That came just hours after Inter supporters called for their former manager's return during a humbling home defeat by Bologna.

Mourinho has been linked with a return to both clubs, but the Real Madrid coach has played down the talk and has called on the fans of Chelsea and Inter to get behind Villas-Boas and Claudio Ranieri.

"My message to the fans is I love Chelsea and Inter a great deal but I would prefer them to support their own teams and coaches," said Mourinho.

"I am the past, a very good past, but I am not there anymore and they should all be fighting together."
Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose, el clasico