PKE players 'reveal tactics' to opposition

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dwight Schrute
Hopeful
Hopeful

PKE players 'reveal tactics' to opposition

Post by Dwight Schrute » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Graham Westley looks like a nice person, now it appears that his players are of the same opinion.
@BBCLancashire: #Preston manager, Graham Westley says four North End players released details of the team and tactics prior to defeat by Sheff Wed. #pnefc
http://twitter.com/#!/bbclancashire

Update (31/03/12 17:54):

http://twitter.com/#!/bbclancashire
Graham Westley on #Preston players releasing team & tactics: "To be told by their dugout four of our players named our team says... #pnefc
Westley (2)... "Where the club's at. If you're looking at the winning level of togetherness you need... #pnefc
Westley (3)... then what you don't need is four players from a squad releasing that information. #pnefc
Westley (4)... "I'll have to work on the basis their (Sheff Wed) bench wouldn't tell me a lie... #pnefc
Westley (5)... so to hear at five o'clock yesterday that news shows you what we're up against." #pnefc
Graham Westley launched a scathing attack on his Preston squad following the 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, accusing some of his players of leaking tactical information to the opposition.

The Lilywhites held their high-flying opponents in a tense first half but were undone by Gary Madine's double after the break. Westley's side have now won just once in their last 11 matches but he was more angered by the suggestion his own men had aided the Owls' preparations.

"We are where we are because the club's got a lot of losing ways installed in the playing squad and there's no better example than when their bench said to me during the second half: `four Preston players told us your team yesterday,"' he said.

"When you've got that level of commitment to the cause it's going to be difficult to win all your points. You've got to make sure you get the togetherness right. I've got to believe their dugout when it says it to me and I think from dugout to dugout I would very rarely believe that someone would lie to me on that sort of information.

"Four players of ours yesterday, at five o'clock, revealed our team to them as a football club. Does it surprise me? When you've got a number of agendas within a club - and I've said since I've been here that that's the case within the playing squad here - this sort of thing happens and it's not the first time that something's happened that's surprised me.
"It's a difficult place at the moment, our club and our dressing room. But it's only by working through issues and sorting issues out that you get yourself into a winning position."
Hmm