have you ever got into a fight at a football match?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: have you ever got into a fight at a football match?

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Once got locked up at Osborne Road.

I was rather unlucky really as we went down and someone spiked my drinks, being totally lost I ended up in the away end where I was arrested due to getting into a bit of a fracas whilst shouting for the whites and not realising I was surrounded by O's.

At the nick it was also apparent that I was wearing someone elses jacket which had a kosh in it and a couple of wraps of cocaine.

When the police searched my home my flat mate who had told me a false name had fled the country but forgot his kilo of cocaine.

The authorities did not believe me and I got found guilty but was innocent.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 pm

jaffka wrote:Once got locked up at Osborne Road.

I was rather unlucky really as we went down and someone spiked my drinks, being totally lost I ended up in the away end where I was arrested due to getting into a bit of a fracas whilst shouting for the whites and not realising I was surrounded by O's.

At the nick it was also apparent that I was wearing someone elses jacket which had a kosh in it and a couple of wraps of cocaine.

When the police searched my home my flat mate who had told me a false name had fled the country but forgot his kilo of cocaine.

I have a neighbour like you. correction I had a neighbour like you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
hbk4894 wrote:just wondering , has anyone here ever got into a fight or a confrontation at a football match?
it's a little known fact that I used to be one of the wearers of the lofty-mascot suit... I got into a fight with the wolves mascot...
Really?
yeah (or rather - no!)

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Got chased through the dark back streets of Burnley one night...but got away, just !
We were coming round the front of the Turf Moor in the early 80s and a group of us were surrounded by some six-fingered not rights at the front of the ground. Thankfully me and my good looks i wasn't in the firing line of fists and Doc Martens and got away scot free. Other than that Crystal Palace away in the 80's too was very squeaky bum time when you realise fear smells :)
The Voice Of Reason

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
hbk4894 wrote:just wondering , has anyone here ever got into a fight or a confrontation at a football match?
it's a little known fact that I used to be one of the wearers of the lofty-mascot suit... I got into a fight with the wolves mascot...
Really?
yeah (or rather - no!)
Baby Jesus cries when people lie. :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
Really?
yeah (or rather - no!)
Baby Jesus cries when people lie. :wink:
Gooner Girl laughs at how gullible Colin is ;)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am

How long did you go to jail for? Must have been several years at least for that much cocaine?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

When the police searched my home my flat mate who had told me a false name had fled the country but forgot his kilo of cocaine
How long did you go to jail for? Must have been several years at least for that much cocaine?
He's still in. Typing on his laptop, surrounded by camp followers. Him being the King of the Wing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

Ah the old 'got found guilty but i was innocent' chestnut...;)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

yep, armed with my trust knee length sock and a few pool balls, I AM THE FUC***G DADDY

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Shameful to admit it now, but I used to hang around on the periphery of these kind of shenanigans back in the day. No idea why, as I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag. Got chased several times by bigger groups of rival fans but remember experiences at Oldham & Burnley as being particularly frightening.

Walking from Picadilly station across Manchester to Victoria with a small group of Wanderers fans once we were accosted by a few Reds. A few scuffles later and the Reds ran off only to regroup and come back in far greater numbers as we reached the slope near to the Arndale. A couple of the real hard guys that were with us ordered us all to stand our ground. I was absolutely bricking it and was already thinking what songs would be nice at my wake when to my amazement it worked. About 60 or 70 Reds being chased off in the city centre by about 20 Bolton fans!

Silly times :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm

jaffka wrote:yep, armed with my trust knee length sock and a few pool balls, I AM THE FUC***G DADDY
I always knew you wee that way inclined. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm

beggars cannot be choosers inside, and anyway its a power thing...

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Got lamped at Doncaster on the same black eye that I'd had thumped the previous weekend in a random act of violence in town. Still got the ring mark from from it.Bizarrely that's the only two times I've been punched in 45 years and it was on consecutive weekends. Word to the wise, if a meathead asks you the time in Doncaster drag your knuckles and feign a tyke accent

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 am

I've seen the odd fight,but nowt much. Also, piss poor imagination, so sorry.

Mainly scallies acting hard. Only time I've been 'involved' was at Scott's (probably; I mean, grammatically) after Klas scored the winner and got sent off. Stokies wandering around towards train station, and some daft cow outside Harvester starts shouting 'White Army'. Kicked off, everyone came out to watch, we stubbed the smokes, and wandered in to an empty bar. Win.

Otherwise: Mate in first year of uni was a Brighton fan. Watched them away at Millwall (Millwall love the gays) go 0-1 down, down to ten men, equalise in the last minute, and win on penalties. Johnstone's Paint Trophy game in midweek, about 4,000 there, never seen so many Police Alsations. Frickning.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Wasn't a fight... wasn't at a match... But after Everton had beaten us at Burnden in 1960s (again), walking my 15 yr old morose way down the Manny Road, an Everton fan, totally casually, stuck the nut on me and broke my nose... And sauntered away while I tried to cope with copious blood and my mates, wisely, looked after me rather than seeking 'revenge'...

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 pm

We used to go looking for it. Not big, not clever, not proud.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Il Pirate wrote:We used to go looking for it. Not big, not clever, not proud.

Don't decry your experience pegleg. This is what a lot of young men did back in the day. Me? I removed myself from the arena. I didn't get it, but a lot of my mates at the time did.

Celebrate the fact you recognise now what you did was wrong, but in the context of the time it was what (some) people did.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

I've mentioned before - some guys I know have done time for football hooliganism. The one thing that unites them is that they'd no interest in football whatsoever!!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've mentioned before - some guys I know have done time for football hooliganism. The one thing that unites them is that they'd no interest in football whatsoever!!!!
I remember reading that on another thread Bruce and being quite surprised. Some of the lads I knew who were into all that were real die hard Wanderers fans. Often, trouble was avoided by the improved mood after that rarest of things in those days - an away win!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"