Rangers are liquidated

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rangers are liquidated

Post by Puskas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm

So what happens when the SFA "restructure" the league system, and decide, obviously on the basis of merit, to put Rangers in the new League 1?

Would there still be a fans boycott? Or would everyone just roll over and accept it?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Puskas wrote:So what happens when the SFA "restructure" the league system, and decide, obviously on the basis of merit, to put Rangers in the new League 1?

Would there still be a fans boycott? Or would everyone just roll over and accept it?
Coyle will be blamed, that's what will happen.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm

I was thinking earlier, and I don't know if this has been raised anywhere else, but, if Rangers are serious about wanting to play south of the border - might this not have been a good time to apply? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Only if I'm the bloke to be allowed to tell them to feck right off.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:17 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Only if I'm the bloke to be allowed to tell them to feck right off.
Get thee behind me Zulu !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm

There's talk of SPL2 being created in time for next season and inviting Rangers to be part of it.
The Voice Of Reason

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:17 am

Salford Trotter wrote:There's talk of SPL2 being created in time for next season and inviting Rangers to be part of it.
Aye, there was talk of Sevco being allowed to play in the SPL, there was talk of Sevco being admitted to Div1, thankfuly both of those "talks" were utter shite, just like talk of an SPL2 before the new season.

Relentless09 wrote:It doesn't matter that their in League 3, they still walk through each of the leagues and come back to the SPL. As a Rangers supporter but more of a sympathiser it's probably better there in Division 3 and a lot of Rangers fans agree
Really? With not enough players to even make a team? I think the arrogance is still strong with this one.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:04 am

It'll be only a very short-term inconvenience tho Fats.

Into administration, clear their debts & then get the income from crowds of 50,000 or so each week. They'll get inordinate media attention too. They will walk through the leagues. The only question is how long it takes to settle down. It's feasible it takes a year, but I'd expect not even that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 am

I sooooo want this thread title to say "Rangers are liquidised".

Is that just me ??

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 am

the righteous indignation of the non Rangers supporting fraternity on here is beginning to grate.

Rangers, up until Sky money determined that if you weren,t in the EPL or latter stages of Champions League you were small fry, could justifiably claim to be one of the 10 biggest clubs in the world.

in terms of worldwide support they probably still are.

we'll be back. hopefully a better club than that which i admit to falling out of love with over the last 8 years or so - more in touch with its Scottish roots rather then with all the shitty Unionist baggage.

hubris + jealousy= a bad combination. on both sides of the argument.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:It'll be only a very short-term inconvenience tho Fats.

Into administration, clear their debts & then get the income from crowds of 50,000 or so each week. They'll get inordinate media attention too. They will walk through the leagues. The only question is how long it takes to settle down. It's feasible it takes a year, but I'd expect not even that.
They will not get crowds of 50k a week though, they will struggle to get 10% of that, now that the glory hunting scum from all over the country suddenly find no vicarious glory to cling to.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:40 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:the righteous indignation of the non Rangers supporting fraternity on here is beginning to grate.
You'll just have to suck it up, as you say we are right to be indignant. We've been cheated for years, subjected to arrogance and cheating of a scale never seen anywhere before in football.

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: hubris + jealousy= a bad combination. on both sides of the argument.
True, no jealousy on the part of those seeking a right decision in this matter though, and arrogance, really?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 am

fatshaft wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:the righteous indignation of the non Rangers supporting fraternity on here is beginning to grate.
You'll just have to suck it up, as you say we are right to be indignant. We've been cheated for years, subjected to arrogance and cheating of a scale never seen anywhere before in football.

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: hubris + jealousy= a bad combination. on both sides of the argument.
True, no jealousy on the part of those seeking a right decision in this matter though, and arrogance, really?
perhaps- but do you honestly believe you would have won many more trophies had the shenanigans not been going on? Apart from a brief New Firm Spring of Ferguson/Mclean era, a bit of a Hearts revival that resulted in the grand total of nil trophies and prior to Rangers "cheating" i.e before the aforementioned Sky factor made it seem necessary for the dicks who were running the club to cheat in order to remain competitive- Rangers and Celtic were pretty dominant due to their supporter base alone- no?. To blame every failure of every Scottish club to compete simply down to the present fiasco is stretching it a bit.

as to the second point apart from the clear hype ( match fixing?. referee bribing? doping?, Juve, Fiorentina?) - allow me a bit of crystal ball gazing here when i say that a few more equally "heinous" financial irregularities will hatch out of the cesspits in the coming months.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am

fatshaft wrote:

They will not get crowds of 50k a week though, they will struggle to get 10% of that, now that the glory hunting scum from all over the country suddenly find no vicarious glory to cling to.
They may not always get 50,000 .... but it'll be a damn-sight more than 5,000. I wager you a tube of Refreshers they average over 30,000 this coming season.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 am

fatshaft wrote:

glory hunting scum here.
in mitigation i'd point out that i started supporting Rangers right in the middle of Celtic's nine in a row (1970- my first game)
too young then to see pseudo political/religious bigotry bollocks buthey ho once a clubs in your blood its a bit difficult to shrug it away. i've spent my hard earned follow following thoughout Europe - and for every Eindhoven there were dozens of Cologne's/Juventus' etc.
cant claim the moral high ground supporting Rangers- thats for sure- but my reasons for supporting them are as similar as my reasons for supporting the Wanderers and as valid as yours are for supporting Aberdeen.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:53 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
fatshaft wrote:

glory hunting scum here.
in mitigation i'd point out that i started supporting Rangers right in the middle of Celtic's nine in a row (1970- my first game)
too young then to see pseudo political/religious bigotry bollocks buthey ho once a clubs in your blood its a bit difficult to shrug it away. i've spent my hard earned follow following thoughout Europe - and for every Eindhoven there were dozens of Cologne's/Juventus' etc.
cant claim the moral high ground supporting Rangers- thats for sure- but my reasons for supporting them are as similar as my reasons for supporting the Wanderers and as valid as yours are for supporting Aberdeen.
If you'd said as valid as mine for supporting Bolton, then you'd have shown you'd have got it.

Unfortunately, you are more akin to Essex basedMan Utd fans, or Belfast based Liverpool fans.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am

bobo the clown wrote:
fatshaft wrote:

They may not always get 50,000 .... but it'll be a damn-sight more than 5,000. I wager you a tube of Refreshers they average over 30,000 this coming season.
I accept that bet in a flash. They will be far closer to my figure than yours.

BTW, Paddy Power are offering 6/1 the field in division 3 this season, and also 12/1 that Rangers win nothing either, snap them up before they take them down.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am

This is the most spot on article on the whole shenanigans
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ctory-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: perhaps- but do you honestly believe you would have won many more trophies had the shenanigans not been going on? Apart from a brief New Firm Spring of Ferguson/Mclean era, a bit of a Hearts revival that resulted in the grand total of nil trophies and prior to Rangers "cheating" i.e before the aforementioned Sky factor made it seem necessary for the dicks who were running the club to cheat in order to remain competitive- Rangers and Celtic were pretty dominant due to their supporter base alone- no?. To blame every failure of every Scottish club to compete simply down to the present fiasco is stretching it a bit.

as to the second point apart from the clear hype ( match fixing?. referee bribing? doping?, Juve, Fiorentina?) - allow me a bit of crystal ball gazing here when i say that a few more equally "heinous" financial irregularities will hatch out of the cesspits in the coming months.
I do believe the league would have been much fairer, the game was excellent in Scotland until no legs started cheating, then McCann came along with bucketloads to keep up with Rangers. The game changed forever then.

As for the cheating, hard to argue with this surely....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJUzPGjiao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am

So a striker goes looking for a penalty and cuts across the defenders line as the defender tries his very best to not foul him and Rangers are all that is bad in football?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"