a football club called barnsley

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: a football club called barnsley

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 pm

These have beaten Birmingham 5-0.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:These have beaten Birmingham 5-0.
...at St. Andrews. Which is what any decent team would expect.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:57 pm

if bwfcdan gets this right, he shouldn't get treated like a pariah around here!
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:54 pm

I watched their game tonight. Obviously 5-0 away from home is a freak, but given their resources, and given our resources, Keith Hill has jumped up to 'worth a serious look' in my estimations.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:I watched their game tonight. Obviously 5-0 away from home is a freak, but given their resources, and given our resources, Keith Hill has jumped up to 'worth a serious look' in my estimations.
Plus he got Rochdale promoted a couple of years back......a decent effort.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 am

Bolton lad too. Still lives quite locally (Worsley)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:I watched their game tonight. Obviously 5-0 away from home is a freak, but given their resources, and given our resources, Keith Hill has jumped up to 'worth a serious look' in my estimations.
.... oooh, Pru. Very 'Billy-Big-Club" attitude that is.

"He's OK & just won a match big time, so let's have him here & fck the club he's currently with !!"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:may i point out these so called relegation favourites are on the same points as us
you are not really a Bolton fan are you
well let me see unlike the majority of you who like in a town surrounded by your own bolton fans i live in an area where there are next to no bolton fans, i stick up for my so called "Shitty" team even though i am told daily just how rubbish we are by hundreds (and that is not an exaggeration) of people and on a second note while many of you can pop out of your front doors at 2.30 pm to make kick of with a few mins to spare i have to leave my house at 7.30am to see us get beat by some useless lower halve of premiership team (i can recall loads of occcasions when we have lost a game that we needed to be winning) so i can get home about an 1 before match of the f**king day starts. so dont ask me if i am a true bolton fan ever again because i ahve to give up so much more than alot of you do just to see a game. this does not mean i am a better fan then you it, just means i have to give more
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:if bwfcdan gets this right, he shouldn't get treated like a pariah around here!
at last some praise, id get more if i commited suicide. on a seperate note i find this ( the 5-0 score) worrying considering we lost 2-1 to birmingham and barnsley are considered relegation favourites ahead of everyone else by far
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 am

bobo the clown wrote:

"He's OK & just won a match big time, so let's have him here & fck the club he's currently with !!"
I don't know about OK. He's done very well. He has got results on a budget by keeping it on the deck and looking to break teams down. I don't buy into this 'must play like Barcelona' attitude, but our current manger clearly does. Or wants to. He's bought the players for it anyway. So given Hill is doing it on a budget of a tenner at Barnsley, I'm sure the Bolton boy would jump at the chance to try it on a Premier League budget. I'm not saying get him, rather he might be worth looking at. We've proven adept at persuading folk to make sideways steps before :D.

If I were getting big time I'd go for Eddie Howe.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 am

truewhite15 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:fair enough you a me both no that i have some fairly outragous opinions when it come to football i think the brummies will come second by the way (i guess that is more reasonable) do you not think hare wood and mido for that matter are better than vaz te in fact i would have harewood over sordell
:eh:

No, on current form, I don't think Mido and Harewood are better than Vaz Te. I think they're both overrated. Mido has never exactly lit up a match, and Harewood is a lump.

Birmingham second? Maybe. Depends how they gel with the new manager. But I doubt Blackburn will win the league. Kean is dodgy, the fans are against them, the stadium will be half-empty. They've bought some names, but Nuno Gomes is past it, and Leon Best is injured. They might scrape the playoffs, if they're lucky. It'll be us, Brum, Blackpool, Leicester and Cardiff battling for automatic promotion, IMO.
How much are the pills?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Get him in....
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

BarnsleyFCFan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BarnsleyFCFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Greetings, as a Barnsley FC fan who reads this board our performance against Birmingham was no fluke, only difference is, we took our chances for once!

We played just as well at Ewood Park on Tuesday evening and were eventually punished. I am a massive Keith Hill(and David Flitcroft) fan, they are doing a wonderful, yet honest job at Oakwell.

We've been relegation favourites for the past 6 years and continue to prove the bookies and "experts" wrong, despite always falling apart after Christmas. Looking forward to visiting the Reebok in November, good luck with your campaign :)
Last edited by BarnsleyFCFan on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

BarnsleyFCFan wrote:Greetings, as a Barnsley FC fan who reads this board our performance against Birmingham was no fluke, only difference is, we took our chances for once!

We played just as well at Ewood Park on Tuesday evening and were eventually punished. I am a massive Keith Hill(and Gary Flitcroft) fan, they are doing a wonderful, yet honest job at Oakwell.

We've been relegation favourites for the past 6 years and continue to prove the bookies and "experts" wrong, despite always falling apart after Christmas. Looking forward to visiting the Reebok in November, good luck with your campaign :)
going to the away game in march. i have said all alone you will win the league but just get laughed at by everyone and anyone. where do you think you will finish

BarnsleyFCFan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BarnsleyFCFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't think we'll win the league, would be nice though!! Lower end of midtable for us, 13th-16th in my opinion.

Anything higher would be a great achievement, and above Wednesday, of course!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 pm

what about ull and leeds arent they closer to you geographically or are they just considered above you in rivalry if you get what i mean

BarnsleyFCFan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BarnsleyFCFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 pm

L**ds are seen as our main rivals after both Sheffield clubs decided to go and play in the alehouse league for a while, but now Wednesday are back they're our closest rivals. Hull aren't really seen as rivals, just a fellow Championship team not too far away!

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

What he achieved at Rochdale was defying gravity.
The highest they had been in the best part of 100 years - and not just for one season.

Hope he does OK at Barnsley.
What goes around may still come around

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 pm

jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:may i point out these so called relegation favourites are on the same points as us
you are not really a Bolton fan are you
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23940&start=220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bwfcdan94 wrote:boltonians are at there best when they are pi**ed of with their football clubs manager you lot are on fire i cant stop laughing

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 pm

He isn't from Bolton though... :conf: