Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Is Sturgeon off to court to get the result over turned or threatening an independence vote if we don't give the Scots 2 out of the 3 points?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:Is Sturgeon off to court to get the result over turned or threatening an independence vote if we don't give the Scots 2 out of the 3 points?
:mrgreen:
I'm worried. She's not threatened to throw another independence referendum at all this week.

Is she ill?
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Versus the Sen~ors tonight. Friendly, I don't think so somehow.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:16 pm

I know that Steptoe won the penalty but his 'controlling' touch was fecking shocking. Wouldn't have surprised me had the ref not given it because he was no longer in control of the ball.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I know that Steptoe won the penalty but his 'controlling' touch was fecking shocking. Wouldn't have surprised me had the ref not given it because he was no longer in control of the ball.
Best part of it all was the ball from Lalana. Perfection.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I know that Steptoe won the penalty but his 'controlling' touch was fecking shocking. Wouldn't have surprised me had the ref not given it because he was no longer in control of the ball.
Best part of it all was the ball from Lalana. Perfection.
Oh it was. Absolute perfection, yet Steptoe still fecked it up. He's absolutely shot for confidence just now.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:59 pm

Well, you could almost feel that waiting to happen. Got real sloppy in possession and that last second goal through the keepers legs..(the only place it could have gone and scored) was pathetic, and a comfortable lead with ten minutes to play and two goals up becomes a draw.......and you have Bolton's story for the last three seasons. Such is life.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Well, you could almost feel that waiting to happen. Got real sloppy in possession and that last second goal through the keepers legs..(the only place it could have gone and scored) was pathetic, and a comfortable lead with ten minutes to play and two goals up becomes a draw.......and you have Bolton's story for the last three seasons. Such is life.....
I only saw the 2nd half, Spain deserved it for me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Well, you could almost feel that waiting to happen. Got real sloppy in possession and that last second goal through the keepers legs..(the only place it could have gone and scored) was pathetic, and a comfortable lead with ten minutes to play and two goals up becomes a draw.......and you have Bolton's story for the last three seasons. Such is life.....
I only saw the 2nd half, Spain deserved it for me.
First half we played well enough and took it to them. Bags of energy and desire and a good goal and a penalty. Second half we let them do what they do best, possesion and an immaculate passing game that is deadly around the box. We got sloppy and Rashford was no subsitute up front, he couldn't stay on his feet. Did I actually see Jagielka in there?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:19 am

So, does Southgate get the job? As far as I've seen we've been utterly fecking shit under his tutelage.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 am

They'll give it to him, we'll sleep walk our way through qualifiers and then embarrass ourselves at the tournament. Rinse and repeat. I gave up caring years ago...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:00 pm

The FA will regret disposing of Sam for next to nothing.

Actually after that debacle with Sam, I really cannot be arsed watching England, more so in a friendly.

Southgate, total fecking ponce!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They'll give it to him, we'll sleep walk our way through qualifiers and then embarrass ourselves at the tournament. Rinse and repeat. I gave up caring years ago...
About where I'm at. I do think Sam would have got the best out of a limited and ever decreasing pool of players. Southgate might as well have a bash at it for all it's worth
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Hoboh wrote:The FA will regret disposing of Sam for next to nothing.

Actually after that debacle with Sam, I really cannot be arsed watching England, more so in a friendly.

Nothing against Southgate but he's a typical FA bore appointment.
I agree that Sam should still be in the job.
Not heard much about all the saints at the FA pursuing him for anything concrete, nor the police for that matter (who were mentioned amid the inital melodrama of it all).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Not heard much about all the saints at the FA pursuing him for anything concrete, nor the police for that matter (who were mentioned amid the inital melodrama of it all).
Ref that L.E, the surprising thing is, knowing Sam's temprement, that he didn't jump up and fight back. It's what an innocent man would do, surely..

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:49 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Ref that L.E, the surprising thing is, knowing Sam's temprement, that he didn't jump up and fight back. It's what an innocent man would do, surely..
Shoots his mouth off it may jeopardise future employment, that's the way the world turns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Shoots his mouth off it may jeopardise future employment, that's the way the world turns.
His future employment prospects are surely none too bright right now after being sacked as England manager for supposed dodgy dealing?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:46 pm

From yesterday's game;

Newcastle fans to Leeds - "Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own"
Leeds fans response - "Jimmy Savile, He's F@cked Ant & Dec"

:lol:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:28 pm

The trouble with hi-viz jackets

https://twitter.com/sportingindex/statu ... 6170468352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:54 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:The trouble with hi-viz jackets

https://twitter.com/sportingindex/statu ... 6170468352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't see that tweet but found it here...