Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah, it's a red card. Awful challenge as that picture shows. He is at least going for the ball though, cf Arnautavic here where he is trying to hurt him

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Well, you can't lift both feet off the ground when the ball's on the floor, let alone coming in like Kung Fu.

Let's all take a moment to remember Ben Thatcher. What a c*nt.

May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:04 pm

So, Mourinho doesn't have the common decency to shake Hughes's hand after the game and then rounds on the TV reporter when questioned about it. What an absolute c*nt he is!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 am

Apparently he said "It's a fashionable culture now, to play in the Premier League with 10 players behind the ball"

Ignoring the fact he has made a career of it and did the exact same thing to an u23 team in the European Rumbelows Cup Final
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 am
Apparently he said "It's a fashionable culture now, to play in the Premier League with 10 players behind the ball"

Ignoring the fact he has made a career of it and did the exact same thing to an u23 team in the European Rumbelows Cup Final
Was it Spurs who he accused of "Parking the bus"? His Chelsea side were set-up in exactly the same way as Allardyce's Wanderers (just with better players) and Allardyce got pelters. Twatting it up to Drogba is acceptable, twatting it up to KD clearly wasn't.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am

De Boer sacked at Palace.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Absolute insanity.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:17 pm
What an absolute todger Gary Neville is. If you haven't seen it yet, wait 'til you see Mane's assault on City's 'keeper. Neville reckons it wasn't worthy of a red card. I'd be more inclined to have Mane arrested.
Was exactly my thoughts when I saw it. It pretty much is the most dangerous thing you can do on a football field. Not a red card though....what a joke Neville.

I mean I agree with Pru that it wasn't deliberately "malicious". But so what? It was incredibly dangerous and reckless and worthy IMO of a significant ban. Given that is the SORT of challenge that can do more than injure a player, it could seriously harm them.

Mind the FA will still take more action over a slap in the face or push in the chest than they will a studs up head high, challenge like this!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 pm
Absolute insanity.
Top be fair, if they'd seen something in him, they'd have given him more time - They've clearly come to the conclusion that he won't turn it around.

Fair play to thm. Decisiveness is a good thing, especially before Apathy kicks in

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

It's as much the appointment in the first place. Looked total bonkers to take that team and try to turn it into some sort of total football machine without spending any money and expect results.

By all accounts they played v well at the weekend (haven't seen it)? Just send weird.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm
It's as much the appointment in the first place. Looked total bonkers to take that team and try to turn it into some sort of total football machine without spending any money and expect results.

By all accounts they played v well at the weekend (haven't seen it)? Just send weird.
Chungy cued up Burnley's goal with an atrocious ball, then Danns missed a sitter late on. This whole thing strikes me as being exactly the same as when we jettisoned Little Sam. Allardyce had got us playing a particular way, then his replacement thinks he can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.
Megson next up for the Palace job ;)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Chungy cued up Burnley's goal with an atrocious ball, then Danns missed a sitter late on. This whole thing strikes me as being exactly the same as when we jettisoned Little Sam. Allardyce had got us playing a particular way, then his replacement thinks he can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.
Megson next up for the Palace job ;)
With Douglas waiting in the wings to save the day :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Absolute insanity.
Top be fair, if they'd seen something in him, they'd have given him more time - They've clearly come to the conclusion that he won't turn it around.

Fair play to thm. Decisiveness is a good thing, especially before Apathy kicks in
To be fair, if they didn't see something in him, why did they appoint him a matter of a few months ago?

If you make an appointment stand by it. You aren't suddenly wrong a couple of months later (unless you haven't a clue what you're doing which I feel is the case here).

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Absolute insanity.

To be fair, if they didn't see something in him, why did they appoint him a matter of a few months ago?

If you make an appointment stand by it. You aren't suddenly wrong a couple of months later (unless you haven't a clue what you're doing which I feel is the case here).
Possibly, but I'm sure they appointed him with confidence, that was quickly lost. It happens and they acted accordingly. They can probably deserve criticism for the appointment, but it's easy to say I told you so, when somebody turns out shit. It's happened to almost every club at some point

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Absolute insanity.

Possibly, but I'm sure they appointed him with confidence, that was quickly lost. It happens and they acted accordingly. They can probably deserve criticism for the appointment, but it's easy to say I told you so, when somebody turns out shit. It's happened to almost every club at some point
They appointed him saying they wanted to play 'better football' than they did under Allardyce. Do they really think that happens in a few weeks? It's a nonsense. Allardyce didn't win any of his first 6 games there.

Football is bonkers nowadays. If you want to stay up in the premiership at all costs you don't appoint an unproven experimental idealist foreign manager. However, that's what they did. Having done that they should have been prepared to see it through, because it must have been what they felt was best for the club long term.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:23 am

Bert Trautmann's sat on a cloud, reading this and laughing his head back off :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... pener-due/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Those of you not watching the Sheffield derby, make sure you see the goals at some point, look at the quality of the finishes, then remind yourself that we're in the same division as these two and have Gary Madine up top. :cry:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm
Those of you not watching the Sheffield derby, make sure you see the goals at some point, look at the quality of the finishes, then remind yourself that we're in the same division as these two and have Gary Madine up top. :cry:
watched it, can't believe we actually came up with them this season,they're miles better, more organised, more belief and more passion than us!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm

twilight wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm
watched it, can't believe we actually came up with them this season,they're miles better, more organised, more belief and more passion than us!!
Absolutely. An absolute class apart.

Sweet
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sweet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Blades smash Wolves. Birmingham on the up now dirty 'arry is gone.