Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am

Last night actually, but the young lad Man City have on the right wing (Palmer) really looks the business. Her's fast (very) skilful on the ball and an attack-minded lad. Well impressed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am
Last night actually, but the young lad Man City have on the right wing (Palmer) really looks the business. Her's fast (very) skilful on the ball and an attack-minded lad. Well impressed.
Check out Charlie Patino tomorrow if he plays for us against Forest (on ITV) Tango. Lots at the club have very high hopes for him. He scored on his debut the other day coming on with 10 minutes to go!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm

Didn't realise Lewis Hall for Chelsea tonight is the brother of former Bolton lad Connor Hall.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm
Didn't realise Lewis Hall for Chelsea tonight is the brother of former Bolton lad Connor Hall.
But a bit better?! :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Poor refereeing in the Hammers v Leeds game today. At 1-0, Leeds had a cast iron handball shout turned down.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:27 pm

Manchester United out the cup and Ronaldo missed a penalty. What a beautiful evening of football.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:44 am

Aye and to put the icing on, they couldn't get a Bovril at HT...even that broke.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:56 am

Marvelous. Middlesbrough's equaliser a stonewall handball. Ronaldo and Fernandes miss sitters. Out on penalties. Carlsberg don't make FA Cup ties, and if they did, you wouldn't be able to get one at half time.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:45 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:56 am
Marvelous. Middlesbrough's equaliser a stonewall handball. Ronaldo and Fernandes miss sitters. Out on penalties. Carlsberg don't make FA Cup ties, and if they did, you wouldn't be able to get one at half time.
Just seen the handball too! :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:46 am

United flashed and dazzled, Boro just kept trying and won on faultless penalties. That's about it, and yes it was a handball but I don't know where "accidental" stands these days, if it's even a factor. I'd feel very aggrieved if we lost to similar, but, well it's United. :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:31 am

I read elsewhere "the number of times I've left that ground having seen my team been shafted by poor decisions, feck em!"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:36 am

Prufrock wrote:
The commentary team managed to convince themselves it was the correct decision. Can't fault 'em :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:36 am
Prufrock wrote:
The commentary team managed to convince themselves it was the correct decision. Can't fault 'em :lol:
So, it turns out that there's been (yet another) change to the handball laws. Because the handball had been deemed accidental, if the lad who'd handballed it had scored then play would've been brought back and a free kick awarded against Boro. However, because he passed it yo someone else who scored - the goal stands.
FIFA - Brought to you in connection with Absinthe! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Aye that's what the pundits wrapped themselves up in knots about, missing the fact that the first one was just blatant handball in its own right. This year and every year previously!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:56 pm

Not one for its own thread, but we've pulled out of wanting the 2030 World Cup. Apparently, we don't expect to be able to afford to put the floodlights on.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:56 pm
Not one for its own thread, but we've pulled out of wanting the 2030 World Cup. Apparently, we don't expect to be able to afford to put the floodlights on.
Seems that we're now concentrating on a UK & Ireland bid for the 2028 Euros. Turns out that the ROI is very similar (I can't see how, but that's what Football Association chief executive Mark Bullingham's saying).

Anyway, there's talk of it being a 32 team final rather than 24. So by my maths we'll need eight stadiums to each host a group of four (unless they play them hither and yon). Taking as read that Wembley, Hampden, Welsh National Stadium, Windsor and Croke Parks will all host games, there'll be a bit of squabbling, won't there?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:37 am

The Aviva (replacement for Lansdowne Road) I'd have thought, rather than Croke Park, Bruce.

Non-GAA sports are banned from Croke Park (they temporarily relaxed that for a few years while Landsdowne was knocked down and the new one built).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:16 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:37 am
The Aviva (replacement for Lansdowne Road) I'd have thought, rather than Croke Park, Bruce.

Non-GAA sports are banned from Croke Park (they temporarily relaxed that for a few years while Landsdowne was knocked down and the new one built).
Ah yes, that were it.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:26 pm

Spurs today! :lol: Sure I’ll eat my words when we mess it up tomorrow but for tonight I’m happy!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 pm

Matty Taylor gets he boot at Walsall..

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... d-walsall/