Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:34 pm

I love watching Aguero play, but didn't realise quite how injury prone he was. Since he's been here, only two players have scored more goals than he has, but they've each played 1,800 minutes (20 whole games) more than him. The two players? Robin 'Never Injured in His Life' van Persie, and Luis 'Misses a Quarter of the Season Through Suspension' Suarez!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Just flicked Sky on - DMB's one down at West Brom. How's that 'Iron Tulip' business going on, you bunch of unmitigated wankers? :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Robbie Savage is a prize tit more often than not but I did laugh at his 'you can get 4 articulated lorries and a jumbo jet through that defence' comment just now.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Didn't know where to put this and it wasn't worth starting a new thread, but BBC headline on the football page.

"FA Contacts Monk over Moses comments"

Superb!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:Didn't know where to put this and it wasn't worth starting a new thread, but BBC headline on the football page.

"FA Contacts Monk over Moses comments"

Superb!
Interesting they haven't immediately charged him ... and the Referees mob have suddenly 'found' the letter & video Monk said he'd sent and they denied having received. Apparently it "only arrived on Monday". Mike Riley ....toss pot.

I'd be amazed if he's not done for the outburst but if it brings the use of video evidence against cheats a yard further forward that'll be a good day.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Aye.. Rather than castigating a manager for criticising a cheat, why don't they castigate the cheats? Then the managers don't have to moan
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

That's a top headline!

Yep. He didn't get sweary or abusive, he just rightly and strongly called him a cheat. One of him and Moses is bringing the game into disrepute, and it's not Monk.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 am

He also said 'the referee cheated us' which has to be picked up on I guess. He should get nothing for the entirely accurate Moses comments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 am

I don't recall if dirty Leeds have their own thread on here so this one will have to do. They sacked Milanic after losing to Wolves yesterday. That's two down in 15 or so marches so far. Reports are that he'll give it Red Fearn permanently this time.

Well, I say "permanently" ....
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:12 am

bobo the clown wrote:I don't recall if dirty Leeds have their own thread on here so this one will have to do. They sacked Milanic after losing to Wolves yesterday. That's two down in 15 or so marches so far. Reports are that he'll give it Red Fearn permanently this time.

Well, I say "permanently" ....
Is Red Fearn some sort of WWE wrestler?

Will be interested to see if the Watford manager gets manager of the month. They've got a few to pick from.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Time for my weekly Mark Hughes rant. Alex Song with a really ugly lunge, but from distance and didn't catch the man. Defo foul and should have gone back for a booking, but ref rightly plays advantage as Stoke are 4 v 2. They feck it up, West Ham break and score. Hughes whinging about how the ref should have stopped it. Because you want a freekick in the centre-circle rather than a 4 v 2 don't you #upgradeontonypulis

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:Time for my weekly Mark Hughes rant. Alex Song with a really ugly lunge, but from distance and didn't catch the man. Defo foul and should have gone back for a booking, but ref rightly plays advantage as Stoke are 4 v 2. They feck it up, West Ham break and score. Hughes whinging about how the ref should have stopped it. Because you want a freekick in the centre-circle rather than a 4 v 2 don't you #upgradeontonypulis
He really is an arse. Good point well made.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:Time for my weekly Mark Hughes rant. Alex Song with a really ugly lunge, but from distance and didn't catch the man. Defo foul and should have gone back for a booking, but ref rightly plays advantage as Stoke are 4 v 2. They feck it up, West Ham break and score. Hughes whinging about how the ref should have stopped it. Because you want a freekick in the centre-circle rather than a 4 v 2 don't you #upgradeontonypulis

Just seen it. He really is a tiresome c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29898203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Tel Aviv derby between Happoel & Maccabi led to a fan coming onto the pic and kicking and hitting a player, he defending himself and then getting sent off. More fans invaded and all hell broke out with the match then being abandoned. Now THAT, Mr. Picking-up-the-corner-flag-and-riding-it, is a fan coming onto the pitch.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Forest 3 nil down at home to Brentford, Fulham losing at home to Blackpool. Interesting. A definite case of accelerated Coyle syndrome going on at the City Ground.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Oh, now everyone is happy and convinced that you can't kick it twice. Does somebody want to go back and tell Mike Riley and Boudewijn Zenden then?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Not Bolton, granted, but at least some football to watch tonight.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:42 am

Prufrock wrote:Oh, now everyone is happy and convinced that you can't kick it twice. Does somebody want to go back and tell Mike Riley and Boudewijn Zenden then?
I told Riley (at a Northants Referee's Association meeting) about three years ago.

He said that Zenden didn't kick it twice. :hang:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:52 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Oh, now everyone is happy and convinced that you can't kick it twice. Does somebody want to go back and tell Mike Riley and Boudewijn Zenden then?
I told Riley (at a Northants Referee's Association meeting) about three years ago.

He said that Zenden didn't kick it twice. :hang:
interesting ..... as Zenden admits he did.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Plucky Welsh.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 4101591722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope is what keeps us going.