Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Hmm.
Screenshot_20190530-174033~2.png
Screenshot_20190530-174033~2.png (95.76 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 pm

Turned Portugal Switzerland on at 1-1 with 10 mins to go. 3-1 now. Christ, Ronaldo looks sharp. And Bernardo Silva poss the best midfielder on the planet.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Support you national team...if you have Sky of course. England v Holland not even on the box. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Absolute shambles. A fraud in s lucky waistcoat is still a fraud. John Stones woeful tonight. Cannot make such basic errors and hide behind "doing the right thing". Nonsense.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 pm
Absolute shambles. A fraud in s lucky waistcoat is still a fraud. John Stones woeful tonight. Cannot make such basic errors and hide behind "doing the right thing". Nonsense.
A total example of a careless arrogant half-hearted display against a side who wanted to win and ripped us to bits. We were outplayed by effort and commitment against sloppy work that in any other job would have got our lot sacked never mind paid a wage.The sheer tomfoolery of our defenders ( defenders?) made me want to kick the T.V. Oh, and the offside fandango inquest on every decision will kill the game eventually. I wish I hadn't bothered.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Be having a look at the ladies opposition tonight, France v South Korea (our lot play the Scots girls on Sunday). France are favourites but our girls have a faIr chance of showing the (red-faced ) alphas how it's done. 8-0'clock. B.B.C1.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Unnecessarily harsh, but hopefully Stones and Walker will be phased out. That said, the youngsters coming through are all attacking, so it looks like we'll be stuck with a shit defence for a while.

Actually out of the major powers the Dutch look like the only ones with a decent defence.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 am

jmjhb wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:19 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Unnecessarily harsh, but hopefully Stones and Walker will be phased out. That said, the youngsters coming through are all attacking, so it looks like we'll be stuck with a shit defence for a while.

Actually out of the major powers the Dutch look like the only ones with a decent defence.
They're excellent at building dykes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 am
jmjhb wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

:shock:

:lol: :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

For a moment I thought we were back on bird's footie.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:23 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

For a moment I thought we were back on bird's footie.
So did I.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am

Don't forget to give the girls a cheer tonight as they play Scotland in the Women's World Cup first round. I'ts on B.B.C T.V at 5-0'clock. ( how many of you dare.. :lol: ) Good luck. Phil Neville's done a great job as their manager; the standard of football is excellent. Germany only just managed to beat China by one goal last night, but the excellent French side hammered South Korea 4-0.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:50 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am
the standard of football is excellent.
They wouldn't compete in the Northern Premier, or whatever it's called these days. It's as entertaining as watching two women have a grunting match on a tennis court.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:50 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
They wouldn't compete in the Northern Premier, or whatever it's called these days. It's as entertaining as watching two women have a grunting match on a tennis court.
Are you speaking as having watched the games Enoch? only, well, er I disagree... :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:03 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:50 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Are you speaking as having watched the games Enoch? only, well, er I disagree... :wink:
I don't trouble to watch bloke's footie on the tube, Tango, not my bag. I'm not about to be enthused by a girls version.

I have no issue with birds doing sport, I'm just not entertained by much of it.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:28 pm

It's much better than it was a few years ago but still not very good at all.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Watched the Japanese girls take on Argentina women last night (diving, cheating, fouling in true time-honoured Argentine fashion). Fortunately they were unable to produce a "Hand of She" goal and the orientals ran rings round them. Both are in our group. Finished a 0-0 draw but those Geisha girls need careful watching. Sushi believes ! :lol:

Any way, it's the Yankee-doodles playing Thailand tonight, so... :Jedi:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:35 pm
Watched the Japanese girls take on Argentina women last night (diving, cheating, fouling in true time-honoured Argentine fashion). Fortunately they were unable to produce a "Hand of She" goal and the orientals ran rings round them. Both are in our group. Finished a 0-0 draw but those Geisha girls need careful watching. Sushi believes ! :lol:

Any way, it's the Yankee-doodles playing Thailand tonight, so... :Jedi:
Not watched much yet, not a particular fan of international football, men’s or women’s, but keeping an eye on the gooner girls and Arsenal have quite a few players in the Dutch squad - our new signing scored the winner this afternoon against NZ. Hoping for a repeat of our league winning season next year (as the men won’t be getting anywhere close!) so that bodes well!

My oldest son has been avidly reading up on it all in his Match of the Day magazine and seems to have a far more positive, embracing attitude towards it all then dinosaurs like Enoch ;) so hopefully the next generation of kids growing up will be happy to watch the game regardless of what sex is playing and the women’s game can grow and prosper further.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Ever sporting, good old U.S.of A. Seven goals up after 65 mins against a Thai team with hardly a one over five feet tall and playing kick and rush, yet they're breaking their necks to score more. Sporting nation...yeah...go U.S.A. :evil:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Not watched much yet, not a particular fan of international football, men’s or women’s, but keeping an eye on the gooner girls and Arsenal have quite a few players in the Dutch squad - our new signing scored the winner this afternoon against NZ. Hoping for a repeat of our league winning season next year (as the men won’t be getting anywhere close!) so that bodes well!

My oldest son has been avidly reading up on it all in his Match of the Day magazine and seems to have a far more positive, embracing attitude towards it all then dinosaurs like Enoch ;) so hopefully the next generation of kids growing up will be happy to watch the game regardless of what sex is playing and the women’s game can grow and prosper further.
I've watched them for a couple of years G.G, and can name most of the squad. Magic Millie (Bright) and Super Steph (Houghton) are great central defenders and the two little uns, Fran Kirby and Nikita Parris are really decent footballers. My favourite player is box to box player Jill Scott who is a real force. Toni Duggan the main striker plays for Barcelona at club level and Phil Neville reckons right back Lucy Bronze is the best woman player in the world.

Oh look, the wonderful U.S.A have just put 11 past little Thailand....super.... :whack:

Edit, make that 13-0.....