Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Unreal what has gone on at Birmingham. Foriegn owners with deep pockets sound great in theory, or in the case of Coventry, mysterious London based hedge funds. Would be nice if they could dredge up the motivation to do something good tonight though...
Even more feckin unreal is what went on at Coventry in the 86th minute tonight!!
Wankers to a man,Coventry fans!! :whack: :whack:
What did they do?
Went on the pitch to protest against the owners. The ref took the teams off and when they came back Coventry conceded within a couple of minutes. #toaman

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 am

And the goal conceded won the game for Sheffield Utd and took them above us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Shame Coventry couldn't hold on, hopefully they aren't that resilient on 2nd January. Personally I have great sympathy with the Coventry fans. What seems to have happened there, is that rich people (albeit with apparently no sensitivity to the significance and history of the club) took over with the aim of running the club like a business, and as performances, crowds and incomes continually fall, they have sold assets both playing and non-playing, including stadium (they are tenants now at the Ricoh, now home of Wasps Rugby union club), academy and training ground, to the point where the club is heading towards the 4th level, without a place to play from 2018, and no sign of the decline ending with their fans fearing it will be terminal.

If we don't go up this season, then we will be pretty close to being in a similar tailspin. A fundamentally heavy loss making enterprise with expensive to run assets that cannot be supported by falling level 3 incomes. If our owner(s), or future administrators, decide one day the way round that is to sell our assets, and sell and lease back the stadium, then if one day we can't afford the rent, we would be in pretty much exactly the same position....
Just about any club outside the top flight has that potential risk. Wonder how long Venkys will keep financially keeping Blackburn afloat?

But I'd hope that were we to not go up, that whilst things might be grim we at least will have shred the high earners. On the pitch it wouldn't be pretty probably and would be a concern without the extra income. I'm sure Ken has to have a plan for it.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Shame Coventry couldn't hold on, hopefully they aren't that resilient on 2nd January. Personally I have great sympathy with the Coventry fans. What seems to have happened there, is that rich people (albeit with apparently no sensitivity to the significance and history of the club) took over with the aim of running the club like a business, and as performances, crowds and incomes continually fall, they have sold assets both playing and non-playing, including stadium (they are tenants now at the Ricoh, now home of Wasps Rugby union club), academy and training ground, to the point where the club is heading towards the 4th level, without a place to play from 2018, and no sign of the decline ending with their fans fearing it will be terminal.

If we don't go up this season, then we will be pretty close to being in a similar tailspin. A fundamentally heavy loss making enterprise with expensive to run assets that cannot be supported by falling level 3 incomes. If our owner(s), or future administrators, decide one day the way round that is to sell our assets, and sell and lease back the stadium, then if one day we can't afford the rent, we would be in pretty much exactly the same position....
Just about any club outside the top flight has that potential risk. Wonder how long Venkys will keep financially keeping Blackburn afloat?

But I'd hope that were we to not go up, that whilst things might be grim we at least will have shred the high earners. On the pitch it wouldn't be pretty probably and would be a concern without the extra income. I'm sure Ken has to have a plan for it.
I suppose that's one way of getting rid of them!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:49 pm

For those of you that haven't seen it already, wait until you see Giroud's finish against Palace this afternoon. Think Rene Higuita :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:For those of you that haven't seen it already, wait until you see Giroud's finish against Palace this afternoon. Think Rene Higuita :shock:
Mkhitaryan's effort beats it for me, even though he was offside.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:04 pm

^^ Both pretty good, Giroud wins for me as I can't spell the other fcuker and he's a red shite.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:36 am

Worthy4England wrote:^^ Both pretty good, Giroud wins for me as I can't spell the other fcuker and he's a red shite.
That's as good a reason as any. :D
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ Both pretty good, Giroud wins for me as I can't spell the other fcuker and he's a red shite.
Exactly :D

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Here's hoping Argyle flatten Liverpool today!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:29 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Here's hoping Argyle flatten Liverpool today!
I'm watching it on BT. The lack of respect being shown to Argyle by Michael Owen, well, I say lack of respect, he's actually being quite offensive, and is disgraceful. They've turned up with a gameplan which is to allow Liverpool on to them. If he can't see that then he's in the wrong job.

H-T 0-0 and Argyles gameplan working perfectly well.

Come on the greens

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:27 pm

I know mate.stevie mac is a price aswell. Criticising Argyle. Yet it's Liverpool and all the money etc that can't break down little old Argyle!! It hasn't been a good game but there was only one team who should've performed and that was liverpool
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:00 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:I know mate.stevie mac is a price aswell. Criticising Argyle. Yet it's Liverpool and all the money etc that can't break down little old Argyle!! It hasn't been a good game but there was only one team who should've performed and that was liverpool
Couldn't agree more, mate.Derek Adams said after the game that they'd gone there with a plan to take them back to Home Park, and they've done it. Brilliant. Well done to all involved. The sense of entitlement amongst some makes me sick.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:I know mate.stevie mac is a price aswell. Criticising Argyle. Yet it's Liverpool and all the money etc that can't break down little old Argyle!! It hasn't been a good game but there was only one team who should've performed and that was liverpool
Couldn't agree more, mate.Derek Adams said after the game that they'd gone there with a plan to take them back to Home Park, and they've done it. Brilliant. Well done to all involved. The sense of entitlement amongst some makes me sick.
Small teams should roll over and let the top sides just walk them over. That's the basic script for pundits, especially dullards like Owen and McMannaman. People don't like plucky upstarts. See comments when Allardyce had us regularly beating Arsenal et al....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Good weekend for two teams I follow. Both have upset the apple cart! Love it!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Kevin Nolan appointed as notts county manager. I thought they'd any some experience after binning that bellend Jamie Fullerton after 12 games but good luck to him.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Kevin Nolan appointed as notts county manager. I thought they'd any some experience after binning that bellend Jamie Fullerton after 12 games but good luck to him.
Pleased for Nolan but he'll do well to turn things around there. Sheridan had plenty of experience but was a disaster for them. I see he's just popped up at Oldham for a 3rd time
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Last successful manager at Notts County was Big Sam, of course. I do hope that they're not employing the same thinking that we did with Jon McGovern.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Come on Argyle!!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Impressed with Threkald