Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:'Apy 'Arry"s calamity show again tonight .... 3-0 loss to Sheff Wed.

What a shame.
Given their squad and resources, which dwarf everything else in this league, their actual performance is awful.

Does Harry even care? I mean as a premiership manager he was ALWAYS in interviews. Seems like he just doesn't exist anymore. Suspect he's given up since not getting the England job and then getting relegated!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:'Apy 'Arry"s calamity show again tonight .... 3-0 loss to Sheff Wed.

What a shame.
Given their squad and resources, which dwarf everything else in this league, their actual performance is awful.

Does Harry even care? I mean as a premiership manager he was ALWAYS in interviews. Seems like he just doesn't exist anymore. Suspect he's given up since not getting the England job and then getting relegated!
My mate in London said before christmas, the "word on the street" that QPR don't want to go up this season as they'll get hit with a massive £50m fine for failing the FFP, he said they want to get in the play-offs to generate some cash, but won't get promoted (I hesitate to say on purpose) but everything he said seems to be happening, they are just doing enough to stay in the mix.
Might be just a coincidence, but it is a bit spooky from what he said to what is happening.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:48 am

wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What a shame.

My mate in London said before christmas, the "word on the street" that QPR don't want to go up this season as they'll get hit with a massive £50m fine for failing the FFP, he said they want to get in the play-offs to generate some cash, but won't get promoted (I hesitate to say on purpose) but everything he said seems to be happening, they are just doing enough to stay in the mix.
Might be just a coincidence, but it is a bit spooky from what he said to what is happening.
Yeah and why would staying down help them? They'll still not be compliant with FFP. IF penalties are imposed it would be better to be in the top flight......

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

You may be able to get a dishonest manager to play that sort of game, but not the players.

Thank God 'arry's honest.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What a shame.

Yeah and why would staying down help them? They'll still not be compliant with FFP. IF penalties are imposed it would be better to be in the top flight......
Its something to do with the penalties being more severe for teams who gain promotion by "abusing" the FFP, and by staying down the penalty will be nowhere near as severe and mean they can go for promotion next year with almost the same squad without fear of further punishment.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm

wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What a shame.

Its something to do with the penalties being more severe for teams who gain promotion by "abusing" the FFP, and by staying down the penalty will be nowhere near as severe and mean they can go for promotion next year with almost the same squad without fear of further punishment.
I think that is speculative at best....

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I think that is speculative at best....
Too be fair, thats what I said when he told me, but with QPR's downfall of current months, it wouldnt surprise me. As I said, they're just doing enough to stay in the play-off places without looking like pushing for automatic promotion.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:33 pm

The inability of these Greek lads to defend properly has saved David Moyes' job.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Good!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:The inability of these Greek lads to defend properly has saved David Moyes' job.
For the time being.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:01 am

ChrisC wrote:A certain Rodrigo has just put Benfica in front against Spurs. Gone on to be a top top player after we wasted him playing out wide.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -shot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£25million target for Liverpool & ManU ... WOW !

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm

newcarsmell wrote:
ChrisC wrote:A certain Rodrigo has just put Benfica in front against Spurs. Gone on to be a top top player after we wasted him playing out wide.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -shot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£25million target for Liverpool & ManU ... WOW !
Loving the mixup half way down the page. Instead of showing Rodrigo when he was with us it shows.. Javier Moreno :lol:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 pm

The best is the the caption actually says Javier!

Rodrigo was 13 when that goal was scored
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Derby tw@tting forest 5-0. Billy Davies is a wan*er.

That cockend troll from forest will still be missing.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:50 pm

jaffka wrote:Derby tw@tting forest 5-0. Billy Davies is a wan*er.

That cockend troll from forest will still be missing.
Enjoyed watching that. Derby looked good, glad we got them on their goal drought.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

i bet jayloyd laughed his tits off at that

#MESSI

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:55 pm

a1 wrote:i bet jayloyd laughed his tits off at that

#MESSI
Over to you, Prufrock. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 pm

barcelona played and beat real madrid

christiano cheatnaldo plays for real madrid.

barcelona got a disputed penalty or two. i think some barca player stamped on some other noted cheat getting some well deserved own back too.

if messi winked at him ([CR9 CR7 the diving bastard) at the final whistle , i think i'd buy it on dvd fourteen times.

it were top.

the copyright police took the incident i'm referring to off youtube.

only jens lehman getting sent off in the european cup final was Funnier/PoeticJustice-ier

maybe the City league title win a few years ago was 'ironic-er', but i was too busy calling Cockend Coyle a Cockend to laugh about that at the time.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
a1 wrote:i bet jayloyd laughed his tits off at that

#MESSI
Over to you, Prufrock. :conf:
A little trickier this time :D. He's on about United getting a dodgy penalty against us a few years ago. You should remember it as it was the one time JLloyd Samuel looked like a footballer as he tackled Ronaldo who got a penalty anyway.

It's in reference to twice-yearly big old pathetic dive-fest which you absolutely must at all times call 'El Clasico'. 28 bookings, a Sergio Ramos red card, 12 penalties and the campest 'fights' you ever seen as folk chuck themselves all over the show. Ronaldo's Real lost 4-3 (2-1 on penalties).

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Right, this Rooney stuff can feck off. Good opportunistic effort, yes, but it's a keeping howler. The guy ran off towards the corner flag and fell over. Coz it's Rooney it's like it's the best goal ever. They aren't even that rare. Suarez, Figueroa, Xabi Alonso x 2 and Matt Taylor x 2 off the top of my head. Taylor's second (at Sunderland) is the best comparison as it was a similar range and it didn't fecking bounce before it went it.