Hillsborough Disaster

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hillsborough Disaster

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Which goes back to my original point. I can't see SYP emerging unscathed, collectively, from this new turn of events. I still, however, believe that some individuals may have more put upon them. What are the rukles on trying in absentia these days? Can the dead still be found guilty of a crime?
You can't try a dead person. An inquest could effectively say they unlawfully killed someone, but again with the criteria.
So I would have thought, but why do I read on the BBC site today that "Police have launched a criminal investigation into Savile, who died last year aged 84."
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Which goes back to my original point. I can't see SYP emerging unscathed, collectively, from this new turn of events. I still, however, believe that some individuals may have more put upon them. What are the rukles on trying in absentia these days? Can the dead still be found guilty of a crime?
You can't try a dead person. An inquest could effectively say they unlawfully killed someone, but again with the criteria.
So I would have thought, but why do I read on the BBC site today that "Police have launched a criminal investigation into Savile, who died last year aged 84."
because it is shorthand for "all the people who may potentially have been accessories"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-20772416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And so the grim charade rolls on to its inevitable disappointing conclusion for the Hillsborough families...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:11 am

Thanks bbc breakfast for giving me advance warning on a song to avoid

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:12 am

Over indulgent, self obsessed, talent free, mawkish bollox ... despite this, the X-Factor single will not top the Charts this year.

I've managed not to listen to the LFC one so far, hopefully it will stay that way.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 am

However, the simple fact is that for a verdict of unlawful killing to be returned, a person or organisation has to be thought guilty of manslaughter. My prediction is that the inquest will not find that.

I also predict that the DPP will not bring manslaughter charges against any person or organisation. It's the law that he can only do this if he feels conviction is likely.

So my list of predictions for the predictions thread.

1. The new inquest will not find a new verdict.
2. The DPP will not bring manslaughter charges against any person or organisation.
3. The DPP will charge the SYP with an offence under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
4. SYP will be convicted of an offence under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
No wonder he doesn't post on here any more! He'll have been drummed out of the legal profession with predictions like that
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm

However, the simple fact is that for a verdict of unlawful killing to be returned, a person or organisation has to be thought guilty of manslaughter. My prediction is that the inquest will not find that.

I also predict that the DPP will not bring manslaughter charges against any person or organisation. It's the law that he can only do this if he feels conviction is likely.

2. The DPP will not bring manslaughter charges against any person or organisation.
3. The DPP will charge the SYP with an offence under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
4. SYP will be convicted of an offence under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
No wonder he doesn't post on here any more! He'll have been drummed out of the legal profession with predictions like that
To be fair to crayons, atmosphere has changed dramatically since 2012, we are now in the someone must hang for anything era.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Well, he's not a criminal lawyer, but I suspect he doesn't post because his interests lie more in art than BWFC. Not to mention, in Capri he recently married a noted entertainer and honeymooned it Italy (with her and a pug). Nonetheless, in Facebook he did express his astonishment at the charges against David Duckenfield so his legal opinion would appear not to have altered.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Well, he's not a criminal lawyer, but I suspect he doesn't post because his interests lie more in art than BWFC. Not to mention, in Capri he recently married a noted entertainer and honeymooned it Italy (with her and a pug). Nonetheless, in Facebook he did express his astonishment at the charges against David Duckenfield so his legal opinion would appear not to have altered.
'Cuk me! I now have visions of silver spoons and Pippa Matthews nee Midleton.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 am

I thought mummy was banned? Hello again. I'll pop by in a couple of years again. Screw allegiances. The police deserve to pay for what they did.

Alex10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Liverpool laughing stocks?

Post by Alex10 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm
""The new evidence that we're presented with today makes clear in my view that these families have suffered a double injustice: the injustice of the appalling events, the failure of the state to protect transfers Caen their loved ones, and the indefensible wait to get the truth, and then the injustice of the denigration of the deceased - that they were somehow at fault for their own deaths. So on behalf of the government, and indeed our country, I am profoundly sorry that this double injustice has been left uncorrected for so long."
What do you mean?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am

And so the grim charade rolls on to its inevitable disappointing conclusion for the Hillsborough families...
And that's exactly what appears to have happened
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 pm
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am

And that's exactly what appears to have happened
Well 1 out of 5 ain't that impressive! In all seriousness, I hope that the families draw a line under it all now. It was remarkable what they achieved and the dignity in which they did it but the deaths were down to a catalog of failures and not to one individual.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"