Dear God he is at it already

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dear God he is at it already

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:35 pm

and yet - there is more crime in just about EVERY measured category in Reading.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:However I would also like to point out that in Tilehurst just as in many places there is opportunity, if you put the kids of Tilehurst in Burnley wood or StoneyHolme they will go as white as a sheep. I mean lets get direct to the point here most of Burnley has been boarded up for many years.
You can, of course, corroborate these claims. In fact, you're just about to, aren't you? Such are your confident claims. Let's have it then - the floor's yours.
Ok well I took 2 of the harder kids (both of who were from Whitley for those of you who know Reading) To Horwich earlier this year and they said it was a s**T*ole and vowed never to return to the north west again, I explained to them that Horwich is actually quite a nice place and that there judgements were misguided. God knows what they would have thought of Burnley or Blackpool.

I honestly don't have to go into much detail about just how much of Burnley has been boarded up in the last 10 years ago in fact I thin I heard somewhere that at one point over halve of the residential areas were boarded up. We saw from Hargher street (just of the Accrington road) up right to the Coal Clough pub boarded up for several years. We also saw Montague road (Just of the Manchester road) right up to Raglan road boarded up for many years (So basically a large chunk of Coal Clough). Venice street and Villiers street had several buildings/house boarded up as well. Abel street (which is a pretty long road) was boarded up for a long time. North Street was also boarded up for many years. Oh and don't get me started on the infamous Burnley Wood.

However if you are going to sit here and tell me that Burnley has not had many streets boarded up then I apologize for bringing up such a subject. After all there is no point arguing about Burnley is there.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:However I would also like to point out that in Tilehurst just as in many places there is opportunity, if you put the kids of Tilehurst in Burnley wood or StoneyHolme they will go as white as a sheep. I mean lets get direct to the point here most of Burnley has been boarded up for many years.
You can, of course, corroborate these claims. In fact, you're just about to, aren't you? Such are your confident claims. Let's have it then - the floor's yours.
Ok well I took 2 of the harder kids (both of who were from Whitley for those of you who know Reading) To Horwich earlier this year and they said it was a s**T*ole and vowed never to return to the north west again, I explained to them that Horwich is actually quite a nice place and that there judgements were misguided. God knows what they would have thought of Burnley or Blackpool.

I honestly don't have to go into much detail about just how much of Burnley has been boarded up in the last 10 years ago in fact I thin I heard somewhere that at one point over halve of the residential areas were boarded up. We saw from Hargher street (just of the Accrington road) up right to the Coal Clough pub boarded up for several years. We also saw Montague road (Just of the Manchester road) right up to Raglan road boarded up for many years (So basically a large chunk of Coal Clough). Venice street and Villiers street had several buildings/house boarded up as well. Abel street (which is a pretty long road) was boarded up for a long time. North Street was also boarded up for many years. Oh and don't get me started on the infamous Burnley Wood.

However if you are going to sit here and tell me that Burnley has not had many streets boarded up then I apologize for bringing up such a subject. After all there is no point arguing about Burnley is there.
I asked you personally to substantiate your very specific claims, which you can't, at all, on any front. I'll go through it and respond line by line when I get such time in which I can be bothered so to do tomorrow. Suffice to say, you won't come out of it very well.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:40 pm

Ok well if you do give me a few good examples that prove my point wrong then I will hold my hands up and admit that I am wrong.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 am

Dan lad, you've pointed out a handful of streets. Two of them quite villagey and nice properties. Only Abel Street seems to bear out your description of boarded up properties, mainly commercial. You seem to have a downer on the North West and I think you're actually a Reading supporter and just here to wind us up and failing miserably. And you wonder...lmao 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I asked you personally to substantiate your very specific claims, which you can't, at all, on any front. I'll go through it and respond line by line when I get such time in which I can be bothered so to do tomorrow. Suffice to say, you won't come out of it very well.
I got lost driving to a meeting in Burnley the other week and can confirm the bits I drove round were a complete sh*thole TBF (the fookin' sat nav sent me down two cul de sacs for starters and I think I may have had communication problems had I asked directions)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:24 am

So why do I go to all these Bolton games the, I am doing 16 this season, quite a few of you have already met me at Bournemouth and I plan to meet a few more of you at games tomorrow. I don't have a downer on the north west, there are parts of Cumbria, and Northumberland that I would love to live in, you also need to know that there are quite a few places in Lancashire and Greater Manchester I quite like, one of them being Horwich. Finally I would also point out that from the summer I am basically going to be homeless and given how the cost of renting a place in Berkshire is I intend to rent in the Bolton area, get a job there and probably live there for the rest of my life. I have spend £1000s, if not £10000s over the years watching Bolton, an buying things like Bolton shirts.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:45 am

Ask Mummy or BP or BWFC89 if they think I am a Bolton fan. Keep in mind I used to have a season ticket at Bolton. I am thoroughly looking forward to moving back to Horwich and while the South East may be a more well off area then the north west there are actually quite a few things that really annoy me about the south east, people have to concept of real life, the lack of green space really annoys me as well. The thing is GraveDigger is that I am basing a lot of my future decisions around my football club, I probably would not be moving to the north west if I didn't support a team in that area, I will be getting a season ticket next season and every penny that doesn't go on basic living costs will go on watching my team, not on booze or clothes or a car. I have got a lot of stick at school over the years for supporting Bolton (and I mean a lot).The question is Gravedigger will you be going to Middlesbrough away or Derby away on a Tuesday night or Doncaster away on a Tuesday night! Did you miss 2 days of school(or in your case work) to go to Blackburn away on a Tuesday night last season?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 am

Get a one bedroom flat up Breightmet Dan. You'll love it. Think Sunningdale.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Ask Mummy or BP or BWFC89 if they think I am a Bolton fan. Keep in mind I used to have a season ticket at Bolton. I am thoroughly looking forward to moving back to Horwich and while the South East may be a more well off area then the north west there are actually quite a few things that really annoy me about the south east, people have to concept of real life, the lack of green space really annoys me as well. The thing is GraveDigger is that I am basing a lot of my future decisions around my football club, I probably would not be moving to the north west if I didn't support a team in that area, I will be getting a season ticket next season and every penny that doesn't go on basic living costs will go on watching my team, not on booze or clothes or a car. I have got a lot of stick at school over the years for supporting Bolton (and I mean a lot).The question is Gravedigger will you be going to Middlesbrough away or Derby away on a Tuesday night or Doncaster away on a Tuesday night! Did you miss 2 days of school(or in your case work) to go to Blackburn away on a Tuesday night last season?
I'm hurt.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 am

And Pru as well. Sorry.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Get a one bedroom flat up Breightmet Dan. You'll love it. Think Sunningdale.
I know what Breightmet is like Zulu and it is not like Sunningdale however I could stand living there or in fact anywhere else in Bolton/Horwich/Farnworth/Chorley. Hell I would not even mind living in those tower blocks next to the train tracks (Fern Street). At least I would be surrounded to nice friendly people who have a concept of real life unlike in Wokingham.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 am

The thing is GraveDigger is that I am basing a lot of my future decisions around my football club, I probably would not be moving to the north west if I didn't support a team in that area, I will be getting a season ticket next season and every penny that doesn't go on basic living costs will go on watching my team
Whilst I applaud your commitment to BWFC, I also think it's pretty ridiculous. It's just a game when all said and done and football should not be the main factor of life changing decisions.

Community, job prospects, potential for your family to have the best life you can afford them etc, should be.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 am

bwfcdan94 wrote: I don't have a downer on the north west, there are parts of Cumbria, and Northumberland that I would love to live in
Dead from the neck up. :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:quite a few of you have already met me
And thankfully, by dint of you handily having your name on the back of your shirt, even more of us have managed to avoid you.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
And thankfully, by dint of you handily having your name on the back of your shirt, even more of us have managed to avoid you.
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Blakeman is not my name but no matter. I Think a small part of Northumberland can be described as the north west and would also like to point out that a small(and very lovely) part of Derbyshire is in the north west. Don't know what your problem with me is Bruce.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Blakeman is not my name but no matter. I Think a small part of Northumberland can be described as the north west and would also like to point out that a small(and very lovely) part of Derbyshire is in the north west. Don't know what your problem with me is Bruce.
That's the problem. Right there!

Northumberland (/nɔrˈθʌmbərlənd/; abbreviated Northumb. or Northd, the latter being preferred by the Royal Mail) is the northernmost ceremonial county and a unitary district in North East England. It borders Cumbria to the west, County Durham to the south and Tyne and Wear to the south east and the Scottish Borders council area to the north.

I have no problem with you, Dan. However, if you wish to continue showing yourself up on here as being a complete and utter imbecile, and a source of continued annoyance, then you can expect to be treated accordingly.

Now, do you understand that? Is it clear enough for you? Or do you have your own take on what it is that I mean as well?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am

Chirpy wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
The thing is GraveDigger is that I am basing a lot of my future decisions around my football club, I probably would not be moving to the north west if I didn't support a team in that area, I will be getting a season ticket next season and every penny that doesn't go on basic living costs will go on watching my team
Whilst I applaud your commitment to BWFC, I also think it's pretty ridiculous. It's just a game when all said and done and football should not be the main factor of life changing decisions.

Community, job prospects, potential for your family to have the best life you can afford them etc, should be.
Some people move towns for jobs, relationships etc - why not a football team?
Unless you were going playing for that team, it'd be low on most sane people's list of priorities
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
That's the problem. Right there!

Northumberland (/nɔrˈθʌmbərlənd/; abbreviated Northumb. or Northd, the latter being preferred by the Royal Mail) is the northernmost ceremonial county and a unitary district in North East England. It borders Cumbria to the west, County Durham to the south and Tyne and Wear to the south east and the Scottish Borders council area to the north.

I have no problem with you, Dan. However, if you wish to continue showing yourself up on here as being a complete and utter imbecile, and a source of continued annoyance, then you can expect to be treated accordingly.

Now, do you understand that? Is it clear enough for you? Or do you have your own take on what it is that I mean as well?
No I don't have a take on it, thank you for showing me your stance. I will try to act less like an imbecile and be less of a source of annoyance in the future.