Dear God he is at it already

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Dear God he is at it already

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:TBH it is things like this that make me think that the people of Burnley deserve to live in the squalor they live in.

seriously, dan - wind yer neck in! there are scrotes in every town - your repeated generalisations that particular towns are particularly scrote-ful is getting a bit repetitive and boring... I used to live in Burnley - that may or may not prove your point - but I knew lots of fantastic people who also lived in Burnley...
I have no reason to believe you are a scrote Bish but I can say with very good certainty that Burnley has more scrotes/lowlifes then most towns.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:TBH it is things like this that make me think that the people of Burnley deserve to live in the squalor they live in.

seriously, dan - wind yer neck in! there are scrotes in every town - your repeated generalisations that particular towns are particularly scrote-ful is getting a bit repetitive and boring... I used to live in Burnley - that may or may not prove your point - but I knew lots of fantastic people who also lived in Burnley...
I have no reason to believe you are a scrote Bish but I can say with very good certainty that Burnley has more scrotes/lowlifes then most towns.
like Reading is full of muppets and thicko's

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:51 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:

no - really, you can't.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 pm

jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:

You would only have to look at our school results to realise that that is not the case. I base my opinion on Burnley on the 3 trips I have made there, the deprivation (which is based on fact), the fact the BNP won a local council ward there and the fact they have had at least 2 riots I know of 1 of which was race riot. Next you will be telling me that every p[lace is equal and every town has equal house prices/ equal salaries/ equal life expectancy/equal crime..... So in essence am I now banned from saying anywhere is nice/nasty, good/bad. This is all getting a bit silly.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I base my opinion on Burnley on the 3 trips I have made there

I rest my case. you are not qualified to make broad generalised statements about the people of Burnley.

you are not banned from anything of the sort - that is a ludicrous over-reaction to what is being said - but you should not expect anyone to take you seriously.

i agree with you that you are getting silly!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 pm

thebish wrote:

I rest my case. you are not qualified to make broad generalised statements about the people of Burnley.

you are not banned from anything of the sort - that is a ludicrous over-reaction to what is being said - but you should not expect anyone to take you seriously.

:D Fair enough Bish however I would point out that many people I know have said terrible things of the place and its people, some people who have made such comments are on this forum but I wont name names.

However on a more pressing point Bish how do you become qualified to gain an opinion on somewhere, how many days do you have to spend living/working./visiting there?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:13 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:

:D Fair enough Bish however I would point out that many people I know have said terrible things of the place and its people, some people who have made such comments are on this forum but I wont name names.

However on a more pressing point Bish how do you become qualified to gain an opinion on somewhere, how many days do you have to spend living/working./visiting there?
in my book - you'd have to live there for a couple of years. you can have as many opinions as you like - the trick is to share them in such a way that people take you seriously...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:

You would only have to look at our school results to realise that that is not the case. I base my opinion on Burnley on the 3 trips I have made there, the deprivation (which is based on fact), the fact the BNP won a local council ward there and the fact they have had at least 2 riots I know of 1 of which was race riot. Next you will be telling me that every p[lace is equal and every town has equal house prices/ equal salaries/ equal life expectancy/equal crime..... So in essence am I now banned from saying anywhere is nice/nasty, good/bad. This is all getting a bit silly.
You see by your rules I am as qualified as you in judging in towns. Which is how I came to my decision about Reading.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:30 pm

While that is true Jaffka such a thing as education can be measured, how nice people are is a bit more difficult therefore we have to live at the crime figures, the mount of racial tensions in a town and the deprivation( that one less so as quite often some of the most well off people are also some of the most despicable)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:38 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:While that is true Jaffka such a thing as education can be measured, how nice people are is a bit more difficult therefore we have to live at the crime figures, the mount of racial tensions in a town and the deprivation( that one less so as quite often some of the most well off people are also some of the most despicable)
hmmm...

compared to burnley - reading is the crime capital of the world... in just about every category, there is more crime in reading than in burnley...

http://www.crimerates.co.uk/compare/529 ... ashire-uk/

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:47 pm

I've never been to Reading, though I can categorically state that its clearly full of f*cking idiots on the evidence presented so far.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've never been to Reading, though I can categorically state that its clearly full of f*cking idiots on the evidence presented so far.
Given I have got more qualifications then something like 65% of the country I would say your going to find a lot of places filled with what you call idiots.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:53 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I've never been to Reading, though I can categorically state that its clearly full of f*cking idiots on the evidence presented so far.
Given I have got more qualifications then something like 65% of the country I would say your going to find a lot of places filled with what you call idiots.
Qualifications don't stop you from being a prick dan.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:SUrely though Reading is much much bigger than Burnley.

Here is another way of looking at it

I don't need another way of looking at it - I was satisfied with the direct town-to-town comparison across several categories from the official UK crime stats 2013... I think that is a fairer comparison that a few cherry-picked postcodes.

Crime levels was YOUR measure - and Reading loses out to Burnley BIG TIME on that one...

if you think that house-prices is a good indication of how "nice" people are (your phrase) - then I think you have completely lost the plot.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Qualifications don't disguise being thick as pig-shit. I've met loads of people with degrees who are properly dumb. Most of them are the type to make up statistics. And you KNOW how idiotic those people always are...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote: I can say with very good certainty that Burnley has more scrotes/lowlifes then most towns.
No you can't. I work with several people from Burnley and if the place was on fire then I wouldn't step over a single one of them to rescue an utter gobshite like you. Wind your fecking neck in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 pm

You should have said "Parts of Burnley...", Dan as some parts are very nice, very rich and very friendly. If I was to label Reading it would be as a "Railway town" with brewing and seed (I kid you not) growing being famous links. I did a summer school at Reading Uni and did a couple of stints at RAF Odiham, staying at the George Hotel. There were indeed a number of knobs on weekend nights and some areas, namely Tilehurst were a bit grim. On the other hand I've been to Burnley quite a lot of times and generally the central area isn't too bad but some areas are to be avoided. House prices are artificially manipulated in the south. My London home, Hackney FFS is around the £800,000 mark. We have a home in Hockley too around £300,000. My first home in Lancashire was £1700 so really house prices can't reflect anything really, apart from perceived wealth. Oh and they have a shit footie team but the London Irish are worth a watch. And Reading is only 6 square Km larger than Burnley. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:22 pm

Some places on the edge of Burnley are without a doubt nice but the town, I will continue to detest. However I would be quick to point out that when the people of Reading are unhappy about something they write to their MP and talk about what they are annoyed about in hushed tones. Whereas in Burnley they riot over something as miniscale as losing at home to Blackburn. However I would also like to point out that in Tilehurst just as in many places there is opportunity, if you put the kids of Tilehurst in Burnley wood or StoneyHolme they will go as white as a sheep. I mean lets get direct to the point here most of Burnley has been boarded up for many years.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:However I would also like to point out that in Tilehurst just as in many places there is opportunity, if you put the kids of Tilehurst in Burnley wood or StoneyHolme they will go as white as a sheep. I mean lets get direct to the point here most of Burnley has been boarded up for many years.
You can, of course, corroborate these claims. In fact, you're just about to, aren't you? Such are your confident claims. Let's have it then - the floor's yours.
May the bridges I burn light your way