Bucket Shakers

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bucket Shakers

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm

In fairness, they've had to completely revamp the squad. 23 players had to come in after pretty much every player left them at the end of last season.

11 games or whatever with a completely new squad is feck all in anybody's book.. they'll do well to replace Blackwell with somebody with a similar pedigree.

But fvck 'em. Bunch of scruffy, tracksuit sporting, benefit cheats.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:14 pm

I clicked on this and thought with joy what has happened to them now, wouldn't it be perfect if Megson ended up managing their (a dream for many of you I am sure). Hope I am not speaking out of term NeilBoris but I always thought Bury was considered to be posh by the people of Bolton, you know middle class snob type of place or am I wrong, just a bit surprised that you ,labelled the people of Bury as such given we would all be quick to note that Bolton is by no means short of scruffy trackie wearing types either, as I say don't take that the wrong way.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 pm

jmjhb wrote:Blackwell sacked. They're 21st, 1 point over the drop zone.

Megson is 3rd favourite at 10/1
:lmfao:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
jmjhb wrote:Blackwell sacked. They're 21st, 1 point over the drop zone.

Megson is 3rd favourite at 10/1
:lmfao:
My Bury supporting uncle has been telling me how well organised they are this season and how the place has been sorted out.

I shall have to find a reason to call him.

So long as he doesn't go on about "gall's" when he means "goals".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:17 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I clicked on this and thought with joy what has happened to them now, wouldn't it be perfect if Megson ended up managing their (a dream for many of you I am sure). Hope I am not speaking out of term NeilBoris but I always thought Bury was considered to be posh by the people of Bolton, you know middle class snob type of place or am I wrong, just a bit surprised that you ,labelled the people of Bury as such given we would all be quick to note that Bolton is by no means short of scruffy trackie wearing types either, as I say don't take that the wrong way.
It's like anywhere. The nice bits are nice. The shit bits are shit. Burt's shit bits just seem shitter than most.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 am

Very diplomatic view but I would point out that there are some places with only nice bits and some places with only s**t bits, Bolton and Bury are neither of those.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:I clicked on this and thought with joy what has happened to them now, wouldn't it be perfect if Megson ended up managing their (a dream for many of you I am sure). Hope I am not speaking out of term NeilBoris but I always thought Bury was considered to be posh by the people of Bolton, you know middle class snob type of place or am I wrong, just a bit surprised that you ,labelled the people of Bury as such given we would all be quick to note that Bolton is by no means short of scruffy trackie wearing types either, as I say don't take that the wrong way.
It's like anywhere. The nice bits are nice. The shit bits are shit. Burt's shit bits just seem shitter than most.
Speaking from the point of view of both town centres, then Bury pisses all over Bolton from a great height. As someone born in Bolton and having lived there for the 35 years of my life, it pains me greatly to say that.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Speaking from the point of view of both town centres, then Bury pisses all over Bolton from a great height. As someone born in Bolton and having lived there for the 35 years of my life, it pains me greatly to say that.
Is that more due to Bolton having "let itself go" in the past decade .. or do you think it was always the case ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

To be fair, wherever I go in the world if the topic of Bury comes up, as it so often does, they always say 'Ah, the place with the market?' I say 'Oh, so you've heard of it?' and they say 'Of course, it's world famous!'

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Speaking from the point of view of both town centres, then Bury pisses all over Bolton from a great height. As someone born in Bolton and having lived there for the 35 years of my life, it pains me greatly to say that.
That was more the response I was expecting given some of you say Bolton has never been as bad and that it continueing to go down hill.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:Speaking from the point of view of both town centres, then Bury pisses all over Bolton from a great height. As someone born in Bolton and having lived there for the 35 years of my life, it pains me greatly to say that.
Is that more due to Bolton having "let itself go" in the past decade .. or do you think it was always the case ?
Tbh I wasn't a regular visitor to Bury until moving here 9 years ago, so can't comment before then. However, I do feel that Bury has dealt with the 'economic downturn' far better, maybe to some extent because it was a smaller place to start with.

I'm not saying that Bury doesn't have a number of empty shops, it's just that they're not spread over such a wide area as those in Bolton and in such a horrible looking state. You only have to look at Bradshawgate as an example. Considering it's the first view of the town for anyone travelling in from Manchester etc it's a fkin disgrace. Far too many boarded up shops that have long since been vacated by dodgy takeaways etc. Then you drive past Great Moor Street and it's cheap bars, with pissheads outside at lunchtime, yelling at each other and making the general public feel uncomfortable.

It's not all the council's fault as the level of business rates has clearly had an effect, but what I do find a disgrace is the number of betting shops, pawn shops, 'money exchanges' that have been allowed to open around the town in the last 3-4 years, all appealing to a certain demographic.

Small things have started to happen eg free parking at weekends, a cracking food festival, European markets 2-3 times a year etc, all of which brings much needed cash into the local economy. A few more bright ideas like this and a bit of carpet bombing of selected areas should do the trick.