Cardiff Dragons!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Cardiff Dragons!

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26174851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the blame game starts.....

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:07 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... lky-mackay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The LMA defends MacKay...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Eluned says he was actually very poor in the transfer market and lucky he had so much to spend.

She pointed out, with some strength to her case, that he chased us very hard for Marvin Sordell.

She then said some very uncomplimentary things with lots of L's and D's in it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 am

So Lim was allowing Mackay to write and sign cheques was he? What a sad, sorry, frightened little man he seems.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 am

Looks like it is going well for them with Solskjaer...good decision getting rid of MacKay...oh.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28890833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So he's admitted sending two that were 'disrespectful of other cultures' but claims "It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed he did not do so".

Interesting. Does that mean they were Moody then?

Also the LMA said,

""The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations."

F*ck off. You can check my phone if you want and you wont find owt like that!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28890833

So he's admitted sending two that were 'disrespectful of other cultures' but claims "It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed he did not do so".

Interesting. Does that mean they were Moody then?

Also the LMA said,

""The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations."

F*ck off. You can check my phone if you want and you wont find owt like that!
It reeks of damage limitation. Whoever decided to use the words 'friendly banter' was ill-advised to say the least. There's a bit about not being responsible for other people's texts, other than the two he's admitting to. He might as well shout 'It was all Moody!!!! HE MADE ME DO IT!!'

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:21 am

And now the LMA have apologised too. For the badly-worded way they apologised on behalf of Mackay :lol:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:06 pm

The anti-racism movement in football is dead. It's become a haven for irrelevant nice people like Stan Collymore to keep themselves in the news by making a big deal out of low-hanging fruit - apparently sending these texts is worse than punching a woman in the face Stan?

It's just really hard for me to take this seriously when they are whining about "homophobic" texts while FIFA is hosting the 2022 World Cup in a country where it's ILLEGAL TO BE GAY. When Jason Roberts starts campaigning against that then I'll start listening.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Just the 2022?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 pm

There's also the whole Russia thing too, yes.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

would stanley prefer to be spat on or punched in the face ?

#RetroDiouf

#sportsyapper
Last edited by a1 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Point taken that there's been a shocking silence on both of those.

However, that LMA statement was a joke, and unless we're having a new rule where you can only criticise people for doing stuff worse than the worst thing you've ever done, Collymore is entitled to say so. Secondly, it's clearly topical. To be talking about that and then insist on changing subject would leave you looking like Lee Ryan in the 9/11 aftermath and his 'Yeah, but what about the whales?'.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:46 pm

"gotta nuke somethin' " wouldve bin the perfect reply to the dick from that boyband , as it has/d warfare and whales references in one sentence, plus, it quotes the simpsons .

re: Malkay M . are all his media mates gonna give vinny tan some slack now ?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:53 pm

I still feel bad for Mackay. I'd guess that if you dug through 10,000 texts on any of our phones there would be some stuff there that would cause offense. Vincent Tan is one of the biggest scumbags in football and releasing this stuff to keep Mackay from getting the Palace job shows he can sink even lower than we imagined.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:21 pm

don't know owt about him.

seems like a bond villian, but the stick vincent tan was getting seemed over-egged. imo.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:17 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:I still feel bad for Mackay. I'd guess that if you dug through 10,000 texts on any of our phones there would be some stuff there that would cause offense. Vincent Tan is one of the biggest scumbags in football and releasing this stuff to keep Mackay from getting the Palace job shows he can sink even lower than we imagined.

you could dig through 120,000,000 texts on my phone and you wouldn't find anything racist.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 pm

thebish wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:I still feel bad for Mackay. I'd guess that if you dug through 10,000 texts on any of our phones there would be some stuff there that would cause offense. Vincent Tan is one of the biggest scumbags in football and releasing this stuff to keep Mackay from getting the Palace job shows he can sink even lower than we imagined.
you could dig through 120,000,000 texts on my phone and you wouldn't find anything racist.
Nothing that could be construed as sexist? Or homophobic either? Nothing that would offend the mentally disabled? No jovial references to NWA or Wu-Tang Clan lyrics with certain forbidden words?

If so, you're a better man than I.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 am

I can honestly say I have never, ever had any Wu-Tang Clan lyrics ... with, or without certain forbidden words .... on any phone or laptop, tablet or computer. Honestly, truly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:53 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
thebish wrote:
Nothing that could be construed as sexist? Or homophobic either? Nothing that would offend the mentally disabled? No jovial references to NWA or Wu-Tang Clan lyrics with certain forbidden words?

If so, you're a better man than I.
clearly.