Cardiff Dragons!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Cardiff Dragons!

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:14 pm

a1 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Time to thank Dougie for his efforts and get on the old dog and bone.
dont think we've got the £50million+ he needs to get 17 points from 18 matches.

thats a 'more than megson had' budget .
How many times have you sucked megsons worm?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 pm

About 49.9 million times.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:59 am

jaffka wrote:
i couldve equally said more money than allardyce had , but folk dont believe allardyce spent 50 million . they do all kind of maths to prove he broke even at least , whereas megson wasted "allardyces profit" without question.

anori nishisawa, dwight perozolli , jeremy bon , etc = cost nowt.

gregor rasiak = waste of wages.

so for reasons of 'bias' i used megson , cos if i said allardyce , it wouldnt work (even though it is no less or more true).

probably about the same amount of times youve put 'coyle's pingpong paddle handle' in your arse

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:35 am

a1 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
i couldve equally said more money than allardyce had , but folk dont believe allardyce spent 50 million . they do all kind of maths to prove he broke even at least , whereas megson wasted "allardyces profit" without question.

so for reasons of 'bias' i used megson , cos if i said allardyce , it wouldnt work (even though it is no less or more true).

probably about the same amount of times youve put 'coyle's pingpong paddle handle' in your arse
So in summary you equate megson to Alladyce. :laugh:

Quite why you are doing that oh stoned one is totally beyond me :conf:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:32 pm

i do in terms of money spent.

going "i dont think we'll get malky coz we dont have 50 million , thats an Allardyce sized budget"

going "i dont think we'll get malky coz we dont have 50 million , thats an Megson sized budget"

people are more going to believe the second one, due to bias or shit maths or whatever. ive not done the numbers, but allardyce spent a lot, as did megson. dunno if its 50 million each, but Malky M. spent roughly that at cardiff.

we dont have that kind of money.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:38 pm

a1 wrote:i do in terms of money spent.

going "i dont think we'll get malky coz we dont have 50 million , thats an Allardyce sized budget"

going "i dont think we'll get malky coz we dont have 50 million , thats an Megson sized budget"

people are more going to believe the second one, due to bias or shit maths or whatever. ive not done the numbers, but allardyce spent a lot, as did megson. dunno if its 50 million each, but Malky M. spent roughly that at cardiff.

we dont have that kind of money.
Lets be direct, you are saying that Megson is of equal skill and ability as Alladyce?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

no, i'm saying we wont get malky m. because he's just spent 50 million to get 17 points from 18 matches.

those spending days (of megson , allardyce, carnt really say anyone else really- rioch , neal, never had that kinda budget) seem to be over , at least for the time being..

thinking about it now, i shouldve used Todd .

feck me, he spent some money.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:55 pm

a1 wrote:no, i'm saying we wont get malky m. because he's just spent 50 million to get 17 points from 18 matches.

those spending days (of megson , allardyce, carnt really say anyone else really- rioch , neal, never had that kinda budget) seem to be over , at least for the time being..

thinking about it now, i shouldve used Todd .

feck me, he spent some money.
So you don't equate Megson to Alladyce then.

We wont get Malky in or anyone else as we currently have a manager, who it seems the board have patience with and have backed him with a significant amount.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:46 pm

not manager goodness wise, you only have to look at the tables and results for that, allardyce is probably the best manager we've ever had.

whats frightening is when i think about it megson's probably high up on the list, which makes my head hurt with how shite we've bin for decades. not many kept em in the top league twice.

i've pissed myself off thinking about that now, kinda upsetting in its way.

you could probably run all the numbers through a sort of Elo style ratings system to figure out what's what. fairly sure allardyce would be top.

dunno were ,say, ian greaves would be compared to rioch. that's for rating systems maths sabermetrics buffs to figure out.

allardyce would love it , probably. i hope he gets the printouts for his birthday.

:/

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:31 am

a1 wrote:not manager goodness wise, you only have to look at the tables and results for that, allardyce is probably the best manager we've ever had.

whats frightening is when i think about it megson's probably high up on the list, which makes my head hurt with how shite we've bin for decades. not many kept em in the top league twice.

i've pissed myself off thinking about that now, kinda upsetting in its way.

you could probably run all the numbers through a sort of Elo style ratings system to figure out what's what. fairly sure allardyce would be top.

dunno were ,say, ian greaves would be compared to rioch. that's for rating systems maths sabermetrics buffs to figure out.

allardyce would love it , probably. i hope he gets the printouts for his birthday.

:/
I'm still no closer as to what you are going on about, so I'm giving up. You make my head hurt.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:44 pm

OGS looks a done deal.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 pm

ChrisC wrote:OGS looks a done deal.
Johnny Foreigner in a snazzy suit just I predicted... no offence to Ole as he was a great player and despite playing for Utd you don't hear a bad word said against him... though he's going to test that patience if he takes this job.

It's just more proof that in the Premier League, all you have to do is have a foreign passport and both domestic and foreign owners swoon over you, because they're so cultured and knowledgeable.

And giving him a massive transfer budget achieves what? Righting Mackay's 'wrongs'? Tell me where you could find a player as good as Medel for less than £11m? Cornelius might not be ready yet and thus an expensive experiment but his scoring rate at FC Copenhagen was pretty awesome for a first season... buying him 'early' just meant that he was Cardiff's when he matured and got more experience, perhaps on loan... perhaps on loan to us?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 pm

McNaughton started for cardiff against Arsenal today and just said nice things about Solskjaer on SSN. Damn.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:30 pm

ChrisC wrote:OGS looks a done deal.
It is....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25567406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

I don't see what the big deal with Mr Solskaaer is. It appears to be a given that he'll be a great manager.

Well, if Tan lives up to his word and offers him loadsa money we'll never really know as that is an entirely different ball-game.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I don't see what the big deal with Mr Solskaaer is. It appears to be a given that he'll be a great manager.

Well, if Tan lives up to his word and offers him loadsa money we'll never really know as that is an entirely different ball-game.

of course we don't really the guy from adam and he has no track record to look at. I can't imagine Mr Tan probably knew who he is, unless he is one of utds far east fans and remembers Solskaaers champ League winner. All in all it seems like a huge punt, based on the utd/ ferguson fairydust that fell onto bruce, keane, robson .......

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Whether it works or not only time will tell ... however, it must be said that Tan's played a blinder selecting OGS. There's now a media love-in and MacKay's already in the 'history' bucket.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

LeverEnd wrote:McNaughton started for cardiff against Arsenal today and just said nice things about Solskjaer on SSN. Damn.
Got absolutely ripped to pieces just going off the MOTD highlights!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm a little confused as to why an up and coming manager like Solskjaer would take a poisoned chalice like this (apart from money). I suppose that the situation there is so bizarre that he assumes he won't be blamed for relegation, if it happens.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

a1 wrote:i couldve equally said more money than allardyce had , but folk dont believe allardyce spent 50 million . they do all kind of maths to prove he broke even at least , whereas megson wasted "allardyces profit" without question.

Isn't the obvious counter-argument here that Allardyce was at the club for eight years, and Megson was at the club for two years? Am I missing something?