Suarez .... sociopath

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Suarez .... sociopath

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
I try and avoid it mostly, why?
Because you replied with a statement that very much wasn't in my post! And didn't concur with the tone of it either.

You can't entirely judge incidents by their outcomes. Taking a live grenade onto the pitch (despite not actually setting it off so in the end causing no harm) is more serious an offence then breaking someones leg, for example.

But Keane should have been banned for life following that tackle (though without later comments it is impossible to prove that it was deliberately done to injure a player). Proof is in those cases very very hard. How can you prove intent?

Suarez incident is not requiring any such proof. And it is worthy of a servere punishment especially considering he has already committed the same offence twice before.

The nature of incidents is not directly comparable. If Suarez had mistimed a tackle there would be less fuss. But primarily because that is a more common occurrence in football, or life in general even than seeing a grown man sink his teeth into the back of a shoulder of another man.

The whole "Keane wasn't given this much fuss" argument is irrelevant. Roy Keane wasn't dealt with properly. Doesn't mean that another incident has to have the same error in punishment applied.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Banned for 9 games and 4 months from all football activity.

Whatever that means....

Think it means he's banned for 9 international matches and 4 months before he can play any sort of football again.

Classic! :lol:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Banned for 9 games and 4 months from all football activity.

Whatever that means....

Think it means he's banned for 9 international matches and 4 months before he can play any sort of football again.

I assume that means 4 months from now and not 4 months from the start of the season? Shame. Still, he'll miss a big chunk of Liverpools season again :D

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=314821.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Beefheart on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Beefheart wrote:

Whatever that means....

I assume that means 4 months from now and not 4 months from the start of the season? Shame. Still, he'll miss a big chunk of Liverpools season again :D
Can't play for Liverpool (or anyone) until 1st November.

So much for "FIFA will bottle it".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Even better, FIFA have said the ban stands even under an appeal so he misses the world cup whatever.

Well done FIFA.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Whatever that means....

I admit, I thought the conniving deceitful corrupt barstewards would bottle it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Whatever that means....

Ha, I forgot, that means he'll miss some champions league group games. Ha ha!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:banned for 9 international matches and 4 months before he can play any sort of football again.

Same here.

Could have been more, but I can't say they bottled it. Good.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Well, I have a view that they've still bottled it.

Cantona got 9 months off for kicking a fan - you sorta say fair enough, that's not on and looked a bit lenient.

This is his Suarez' third go at biting people. We're in the UK closed season. He should have got 12 months from all football, minimum for me, the cheating cnut.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Wonder what t-shirts Liverpool will print this time.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:24 pm

And for those wanting to go to rawk

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=314821.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Well, I have a view that they've still bottled it.

Cantona got 9 months off for kicking a fan - you sorta say fair enough, that's not on and looked a bit lenient.

This is his Suarez' third go at biting people. We're in the UK closed season. He should have got 12 months from all football, minimum for me, the cheating cnut.
Agreed, but this is FIFA and well.....they had no mandate that meant they had to take previous offences into account.

Seems like FIFA can just make rules up as they go, but pretty much he should have a longer ban, but at least they've nailed him for it and doled out more than many expected.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:banned for 9 international matches and 4 months before he can play any sort of football again.

Same here.

Could have been more, but I can't say they bottled it. Good.
Yup, is where I am.

Also, I'm weirdly put out by the fact that plenty on RAWK think it's fair enough and that he's an idiot too. Plenty nutters as well, but far more rationals than I'd expected.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm

That's my take too. Slap on the wrist for something that won't hurt him in any way. He'll just laugh it off and go back to earning a fortune. Four months will pass before you can blink. A lying, cheating animal that should be banned for good. Like Ballotelli and others before them (Joey Barton and a few from Leeds for starters) playing football excuses them for what you and me would get jailed for. Wrist slapped when arse should have been booted.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

That's my take too. Slap on the wrist for something that won't hurt him in any way. He'll just laugh it off and go back to earning a fortune. Four months will pass before you can blink. A lying, cheating animal that should be banned for good. Like Ballotelli and others before them (Joey Barton and a few from Leeds for starters) playing football excuses them for what you and me would get jailed for. Wrist slapped when arse should have been booted.
Agreed but realistically it was never going to happen. If a player can kung fu style kick a fan and still play again no way was Suarez going to be banned for life by FIFA (who in some ways are more spineless than our own football authorities).

This is pretty unprecedented action from FIFA so you have to give them some credit for it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:03 pm

That is a lot more than I expected. We'd all have happily seen longer but they've certainly not bottled it because all hell will break loose from the Uruguayans over this.
Will they stand firm on the inevitable appeal though?
I bet England are wishing he'd nibbled one of theirs, bit of moral outrage to deflect from elimination!
Long lay off, 2 games, long lay off. Pity one of those 2 involved him spanking our lot single-handedly.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I wonder what this does to his market value?

Presumably it will take a hit now that he is one more incident away from what would surely be a very lengthy ban.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm

kind of related, but completely forgot defore had done this

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:15 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I wonder what this does to his market value?

Presumably it will take a hit now that he is one more incident away from what would surely be a very lengthy ban.
That's my take on it .... & I guess it's another bite (sorry) into whatever contractual period he has before him.

There was strong talk he was off to Madrid after the WC, & Liverpool would cash in. That will be pushed back to the January window now and his value dropped.

What's unclear is what is meant by "banned from all football activities including administrative". From training ? From signing any contracts ? From being included in any squad lists or registrations ?

Also I suspect that's without pay for the domestic ban ... 4 months will be quite a hit. Shame it's not 12.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:24 pm

LeverEnd wrote:That is a lot more than I expected. We'd all have happily seen longer but they've certainly not bottled it because all hell will break loose from the Uruguayans over this.
Will they stand firm on the inevitable appeal though?
I bet England are wishing he'd nibbled one of theirs, bit of moral outrage to deflect from elimination!
Long lay off, 2 games, long lay off. Pity one of those 2 involved him spanking our lot single-handedly.
FIFA don't hear the appeal that is the court of sports arbitration or some such. But FIFA have said that the ban stands irrespective of any appeal. So he's out the World Cup either way.