The bewildering carrer of Stuart Pearce.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

The bewildering carrer of Stuart Pearce.

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am

If ever there was a man that summed up good player/crap manager it's Psycho.

It's perhaps indicitive of England's poor state internationally that we have Roy 'in charge' of the first XXII and Pearce in charge of the IIXXII.

Describing last night's performance v Italy as 'awful' he could have been talking about ANY performance of a team under his tenure. Blinded by the lights of players like fecking Shelvey and that shitbag Henderson he then complains that we're 'not creative enough'.

By this does he mean we didn't 'lump it enough'?

I can imagine him ranting and raving, talking about heart and passion and all that bollocks - when are we going to start talking about putting two fecking passes together?

How is he still in a job?

Would you tell him he's sacked?

Pearce AND Hodgson out. The whole fecking lot of 'em.

Get rid.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The bewildering carrer of Stuart Pearce.

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:47 pm

He's got a difficult job. He's managing against high expectations, for a country that has a small pool of talent in terms of percentage of top flight players in the Premier League that are English. The players are overpriced, so clubs bring in foreigners for less money and the English players stagnate. Any half decent one is promoted to the first team and not allowed to go back to U21's.. He's also fighting against powerful Premiership managers who don't want their players to actually play football in case they get tired..

Players like Chamberlain, should be in that swuad rather than jetting off to South America for a knock around in a meaningless game. Young promising players need tournament experience at a lower level to make sure they're ready for the big ones. And until the FA stop being a set of mard bastards bullied by the foreign owned super clubs, they'll never produce players of a sufficient calibre.

But I agree, that he's shite...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 pm

He may have been a good player but his strengths were not based on calculations, thought, strategy, tactics, learnt behaviours, or coached manouevres - everything with him was instinct. No wonder he cannot pass that on, you've either got what he had or you haven't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Anyone who says "kna what a mean" ten times in a post match interview is a wanker.

A cockney wanker.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:He's got a difficult job. He's managing against high expectations, for a country that has a small pool of talent in terms of percentage of top flight players in the Premier League that are English. The players are overpriced, so clubs bring in foreigners for less money and the English players stagnate. Any half decent one is promoted to the first team and not allowed to go back to U21's.. He's also fighting against powerful Premiership managers who don't want their players to actually play football in case they get tired..

Players like Chamberlain, should be in that swuad rather than jetting off to South America for a knock around in a meaningless game. Young promising players need tournament experience at a lower level to make sure they're ready for the big ones. And until the FA stop being a set of mard bastards bullied by the foreign owned super clubs, they'll never produce players of a sufficient calibre.

But I agree, that he's shite...
Agree entirely - Reflects it best when you think that Mata and Martinez, with senior world cup medals in their pockets, fancied the u21s last time round.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm

He's an absolute charlatan a fecking mile out of his depth. Utterly clueless and always quick to blame everything and anyone for his own lack of having a clue.
May the bridges I burn light your way

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:04 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:He's an absolute charlatan a fecking mile out of his depth. Utterly clueless and always quick to blame everything and anyone for his own lack of having a clue.

:pray:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:48 am

Sounds like you're describing a certain Scottish manager Bruce!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Two down to Norway.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Two down to Norway.
Has Sordell just tweeted you AG ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Super marv to the rescue? Not in a million years. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though. He was appalling the other night, then again he wasn't on his own. Indictment of Pearce's skills as a manager that he keeps picking him really.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 pm

3-1 Norway......

Is Sordell playing?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
I blocked him......getting on my nerves....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Racist. Image
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Racist. Image
:D

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Sounds like you're describing a certain Scottish manager Bruce!
They're cut from the same cloth. Stubborn and unwilling to change a losing formula as they see that as admitting they were wrong.

Thought for a long time that international football is a chore for most of the big time players - you know, the one's that can't score 10 goals in the Championship - that sort.

If I was in charge of the FA I'd send a text to every English player in the land and say 'Do you want to play for England? Y/N'. The ones that replied would get a game the ones that didn't could stick to opening supermarkets and knocking off groupies.

Pearce out!

Who in though....?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 am

coffeymagic wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Sounds like you're describing a certain Scottish manager Bruce!
They're cut from the same cloth. Stubborn and unwilling to change a losing formula as they see that as admitting they were wrong.

Thought for a long time that international football is a chore for most of the big time players - you know, the one's that can't score 10 goals in the Championship - that sort.

If I was in charge of the FA I'd send a text to every English player in the land and say 'Do you want to play for England? Y/N'. The ones that replied would get a game the ones that didn't could stick to opening supermarkets and knocking off groupies.

Pearce out!

Who in though....?
^ Marvin like this.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Texting is so last year. You need to tweet or whatsupp or whatever it's called...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 am

"I honestly don't believe I should be here answering questions on behalf of the players," Pearce added after the Israel defeat."They should be here answering questions on why their performances were so poor, to be honest with you."I don't think it's my responsibility at this stage to answer for a performance as bad as that."We've lost games before, but collectively in this tournament we haven't delivered for whatever reason. The players have to come out and be strong and ask themselves 'how am I going to get better?'"From start to finish in the tournament the players haven't delivered."
So you lot, stop blaming Stuart. :spank: :spank: :spank:

It's not his fault.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:12 am

My sources reveal that Gareth Southgate is being lined up to replace Pearce.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for that. We're saved!
Businesswoman of the year.