Paul Ince

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Paul Ince

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Wants out at Blackpool :lol:

Who the hell will take that job now? They was already scraping the barrel. Obviously Mr Chairman still won't spend a dime on players :lol:
Last edited by ChrisC on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Paul Ince

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:36 pm

ChrisC wrote:Walked out at Blackpool :lol:

Who the hell will take that job now? They was already scraping the barrel. Obviously Mr Chairman still won't spend a dime on players :lol:
Has he? I thought Blackpool and Ince were denying it?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Walked out at Blackpool :lol:

Has he? I thought Blackpool and Ince were denying it?
Blackpool have turned down an offer of resignation from manager Paul Ince, according to Sky sources.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, 45, took the reins at Bloomfield Road in February on a one-year rolling contract and saw them to a 15th-place finish in the Championship.

Following the news, Blackpool moved quickly to stress Ince remains in charge by using the club's official Twitter account to publish a photograph of him taking training.

Prior to replacing Michael Appleton as manager, Ince had been out of work since leaving Notts County in April 2011.

However, just two months after taking charge, Ince was linked with replacing Nigel Pearson at Championship rivals Leicester City after being a former target for the Foxes.

At the time he spoke of the need for stability at Blackpool after Appleton had only been at the helm for a couple of months after succeeding Ian Holloway.

After securing Blackpool's second-tier status, Ince outlined his intention to improve his squad during the summer months, but did not believe major surgery was required.

"It's going to be a rebuild, but it's not a major one," Ince told the Blackpool Gazette. "When I look at the core of the team, I'm very happy.

"It won't be a major operation on the team, but we want to move forward. There's at least four or five players I want to bring in. But I'm more than happy with what I've got here.

"Football's football, there will be players coming and going. But there's not a lot to change here. I don't want to dismantle the whole team."

Ince's biggest battle has been trying to keep his son Tom at Blackpool, with newly-promoted Cardiff City understood to have agreed a fee for the England Under 21 international winger.

Key men Ludovic Sylvestre, Alex Baptiste and Neal Eardley have left the club, while Kirk Broadfoot and Gary Taylor-Fletcher have yet to make a decision on their futures and Stephen Crainey is reported to be on the brink of joining Wigan.

Veteran midfielder Barry Ferguson did hand Ince a boost by recently signing a new contract after deciding against retirement.

Chris Basham, Craig Cathcart, Matt Gilks, Bob Harris, Angel Martinez, Isaiah Osbourne and Nathan Eccleston signed new contracts at the end of last season, while Ashley Eastham, Tiago Gomes, Elliot Grandin and Kevin Phillips were released.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

He might not have officially gone yet.. but he looks gone to me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

ChrisC wrote:He might not have officially gone yet.. but he looks gone to me.
Blackpool's official club twitter put a picture up of Ince training with their team in Portugal this morning in response to the "rumours".

May be "no smoke without fire" but he clearly hasn't "gone" yet.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:He might not have officially gone yet.. but he looks gone to me.
Blackpool's official club twitter put a picture up of Ince training with their team in Portugal this morning in response to the "rumours".

May be "no smoke without fire" but he clearly hasn't "gone" yet.
aye - Chris quoted an article that pointed this out...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 pm

The Rapist's son was just on Look North saying that it's a pile of unholy excrement and that Ince will be interviewing players with him next week.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:The Rapist's son was just on Look North saying that it's a pile of unholy excrement and that Ince will be interviewing players with him next week.
Could you narrow that one down a bit for us? What with Stuart Hall, Fred the weatherman and half the Corrie cast in the frame I'm struggling a bit here.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:47 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:The Rapist's son was just on Look North saying that it's a pile of unholy excrement and that Ince will be interviewing players with him next week.
Could you narrow that one down a bit for us? What with Stuart Hall, Fred the weatherman and half the Corrie cast in the frame I'm struggling a bit here.
Ah, of course. The raping estate agent in this case.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Ah, of course. The raping estate agent in this case.
:lol: I'd forgot about that one!