Managerial Predictions

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Managerial Predictions

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Today was the first official day of work for a raft of new managers.

Moyes at Utd, Pellegrini at City, Mourinho at Chelsea, Martinez at Everton, Hughes at Stoke & Coyle at Wigan.

Get your predictions in early. Who will be a hit and who will be a miss and why?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Managerial Predictions

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Today was the first official day of work for a raft of new managers.

Moyes at Utd, Pellegrini at City, Mourinho at Chelsea, Martinez at Everton, Hughes at Stoke & Coyle at Wigan.

Get your predictions in early. Who will be a hit and who will be a miss and why?

i think Coyle will be a massive hit at Wigan... why?? cos life's a bummer! :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Today was the first official day of work for a raft of new managers.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess but I'm hoping Moyes, Pellegrini and Mourinho all do spectacularly badly and we win the premier league. 8)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:10 am

Hughes to be gone by Christmas.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:12 am

Rednapp will flounce out.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 am

Dougie will sign a 43 year old from Stevenage and everybody will laud it as a "great experienced signing"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:41 am

With the exception of Martinez I can see cases for none of the others being in those positions this time next year. Seriously.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Mourinho won't be as good as last time, Moyes won't be as successful as Fertguson. Strangely enough. Martinez, dunno, I have a sneak he'll be gone by christmas. But then he could do a Coyle, and be a breathj of fresh air for the first 12-18 months, and then spectacularly flop.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Moyes at Utd (will fail epically in fact I can see them struggling to finish in top 4), Pellegrini at City (wont do much better than Moyes), Mourinho at Chelsea (to win the league with several weeks to spare), Martinez at Everton(will do alright, they will still finish top 8), Hughes at Stoke (will also struggle but they will stay up just about) & Coyle at Wigan (to do a Wolves, but Whelan will keep him on until they get relegated again the following season).
So I can see Jose being the only real success although Martinez wont do to badly.

The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

With the exception of Martinez I can see cases for none of the others being in those positions this time next year. Seriously.
I see no reason to exclude Martinez from that list.

I think Mourinho will be fine, Pellegrini will do well (though not necessarily well enough) and though I can see Moyes struggling, I think he'll get time. Martinez and Coyle are chancers and I think will flop, Hughes could go either way, though I think will flop too.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Just me who thinks Moyes will be fine then? Never going to be as good as Fergie. But he's a safe pair of hands who will keep them broadly on the right road IMO.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Just me who thinks Moyes will be fine then? Never going to be as good as Fergie. But he's a safe pair of hands who will keep them broadly on the right road IMO.
not just you - i think he'll be fine...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm

imo
Mourinho will be the most successful
Even Moyes will win something with that side but not the league or the Chumps league
Pellegrini could be another Christian Gross but again, with what he'll have at his disposal, it would be hard not to have some success. They'll at least get out of the CL group stages this time.
Martinez will be a disaster.
Hughes will keep Stoke up - no more no less
Coyle will have an early season boost on the players but will come up short. 8th or 9th.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Prufrock wrote: I see no reason to exclude Martinez from that list.
I do. Bill Kenwright.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 am

Dave Whelan is a c*nt, but he doesn't sack people. I'm not convinced about the integrity of the Glazers, but they've made a show about loyalty, and talking long-term so Moyes may also get time. I think Coyle, Martinez and Moyes will all be given time. I also think that none of them are up to the job.

I've mentioned it before but I know people who've worked with Moyes who say he's a clog-happy, fire 'em up to kick people, be solid at the back and nick it sort. Doesn't make a bad manager, but I don't think it makes a regular trophy-winning manager. This was a long time ago, so maybe he's improved, but...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Freedman gone after losing the first game of the season to Burnley 4-0.

Board jammed with posts from Insano demanding the return of Coyle.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:16 pm

^ he's probably one of the few that didnt want him in the first place.

dunno why but i'm more excited about wigan's season than ours.

for teh potential LOLOLOLz

wonder what the over/under is on the tonnage of clothing shite coyle can get in the back of a borrowed ford transit if he gets the sack, coz i'd bet theres loads up new JJB* way. the freeloading bastard.

* yeah, it (broken leg face's company) is named after him now.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 am

Moyes - eventual Fail, but will still be there at Christmas
Pellegrini - Fail
Mourinho - Hit
Martinez - slow start but eventually Hit
Hughes at Stoke - Moderate success in that he will keep them in Prem, but bobbing along near the bottom.
Coyle - Massive Fail.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Pellegrini - Fail
Mourinho - Hit
Hughes at Stoke - Moderate success in that he will keep them in Prem, but bobbing along near the bottom.
Coyle - Massive Fail.
I think Pellegrini's got his head screwed on and will win the league.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Pellegrini - Fail
Mourinho - Hit
Coyle - Massive Fail.
I think Pellegrini's got his head screwed on and will win the league.

Agreed. Good manager and will do the business without a circus.