Thurrock relegated - over £16 fine !

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Thurrock relegated - over £16 fine !

Post by daib0 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Hard to believe!

Thurrock relegated for fielding player who failed to pay £16 fine

The Football Association has rejected Thurrock's appeal against a three-point deduction for fielding a player who had not paid a £16 fine, confirming their relegation to Ryman Division South.

Joel Barnett was banned, having played for a team in Yorkshire that folded with unpaid fines, the cost of which was then spread throughout its staff.

Thurrock owner Tommy South told BBC Essex: "I'm absolutely devastated. Joel should have told us but he never knew because he was in prison. We'll appeal again. It's a disgrace. It all happened 11 months ago and we were not told we were relegated until after the season ended on 7 May. We feel we had mitigating circumstances, I feel like I don't want to be involved in football anymore. It's a real mess because he got sent off playing elsewhere before he came here and got a three-match ban but nothing was flagged up."

Original article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23259898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Thurrock relegated - over £16 fine !

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:36 pm

daib0 wrote:Hard to believe!Thurrock relegated for fielding player who failed to pay £16 fine
Thurrock owner Tommy South told BBC Essex: "I'm absolutely devastated. Joel should have told us but he never knew because he was in prison. ............"

Original article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23259898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He sounds a love.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 am

I like that Vicky Pollard wrote the press release.

'Ere we told 'im, but 'e never knew or nuffin, coz 'e were in prison and that.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:40 am

Feck 'em. No sympathy at all.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください