Hull City Tigers - Roar, roar, roar.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Hull City Tigers - Roar, roar, roar.

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm

This Hull Tigers thing, along with the Cardiff color/crest change, have shaken my faith in capitalism. The idea that the owners of these clubs could become so rich while being this stupid says volumes about the economic system we live in today.

He could call them Mao FC and have them play in Chinese flags. They still wouldn't make a dent in the overseas market, because they don't win titles or play in the Champions League.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 pm

not really . its that theyre that rich that people (their mates , employees) become too frightened to tell them that theyre wrong.

"yes steve , no one wants 7 inch sized computer tablets"

"yes owen , you should still continue to not play fabrice"

"yes mr. tyson . buying 2 white tigers and keeping them in a big house in america is a good idea"

etc

probably also has something to do with said rich persons lack of 'hypothetically thinking about what other people can or will think' skill , i forget the proper term, but its similar to empathy.

or its all deng xiopings fault

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 pm

The dickhead at Hull at now put the club up for sale. I hope he gets shut and they go from strength to strength,
He's giving the 'man of my word' guff, whilst confirming that he's an utter bellend. Hurry up and good riddance.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 pm

The MD of the company I work for is Hull based and he knows the Allam's very well..

Quite an interesting story as to how he came to these shores and how he's ended up with the club.. Despite being a bit of a footballing despot, he genuinely does seem to have the very best interests of Hull and Hull City at heart.

He loves the city and the people as they've helped him out with literally not a penny to his name to begin with..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:The MD of the company I work for is Hull based and he knows the Allam's very well..

Quite an interesting story as to how he came to these shores and how he's ended up with the club.. Despite being a bit of a footballing despot, he genuinely does seem to have the very best interests of Hull and Hull City at heart.

He loves the city and the people as they've helped him out with literally not a penny to his name to begin with..
Fair play to him, I just dislike the way he's gone about it. I've read and listened to some of the supporters groups, you can tell they are grateful to the guy and want him to stay, just without sounding like an ice hockey team. They seem to be protesting the name change without having a go at him.
I have no such loyalties however and he gets on my nerves!